Some FAs still unsigned

What Jabardi did for us in game 6 was great. but i don't think that we should keep him. We should rather have some high energy player who could come in for a few minutes every game. bang up the opponents, crash the boards and hussle.
With the luxury tax probably gone putting in a bit of money to spice up the bench is not too bad an idea.

AleksandarN said:
That was probably Petrie's worst drafting mistake ever. Why did we pass up a player like that? He was the perfect athlete.
no mistake made... we drafted peja on the same yr at 14th...

biggest mistake was probably drafting oliver saint-jean... i mean tariq abdul wahad..... at 11th pick the following yr

Last edited:
Jabbari, who has shown very little in either stint with the Kings, is in the Nets' camp.

And we can scratch Ryan Bowen off the Kings' wish list, too.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.mpl/sports/2820941

Rockets ratchet up energy with Bowen

Forward known for his intensity OKs 1-year deal

By JONATHAN FEIGEN

Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

As Ryan Bowen considered options with few contractual differences, the Rockets offered something every role player seeks.

The Rockets needed him.

Bowen said he and the Rockets agreed to terms Tuesday morning, making the former Denver forward whom Pat Riley once called "the best hustling player I've ever seen in the NBA" the latest part of the Rockets' eight-player roster overhaul since last season.

Bowen chose the opportunity that sprang open when Bob Sura's back injury required surgery last week, accepting a deal sources said is worth $807,546 for one guaranteed season.

Bowen also expected offers from the Heat and SuperSonics before the start of their training camps next week. (The Rockets' training camp begins Friday, early because of their preseason trip to China.) The Nuggets, Kings and Timberwolves also expressed interest.

But with Sura out for at least eight weeks and the Rockets looking for some of Bowen's high-energy qualities, Bowen bet the Rockets would be what he was seeking as much as he was what they wanted.

"I'm very excited about joining the Rockets," Bowen said. "I was just looking at all the possibilities. One of the possibilities was returning to Denver. But this was a good situation for me. I had a very good meeting last week with coach (Jeff) Van Gundy and (general manager) Carroll Dawson. Looking at the situation there, I thought it was a no-brainer. It was what I was looking for."

Sura's injury did not initiate the Rockets' talks with Bowen and his agent, Guy Zucker. But it changed the conversations from interest to pursuit.

With Reece Gaines the only healthy reserve shooting guard, the 6-9 Bowen, generally a small forward, could be used defensively in the backcourt when playing with Jim Jackson or Tracy McGrady. The Rockets had been interested in Bowen since dealing Cuttino Mobley's backcourt defensive skills and Steve Francis' rebounding talent, both Bowen strengths.

After meeting with Van Gundy and Dawson, Bowen had workouts on successive days with the Heat last week. Though the Rockets were unable to offer more than the minimum for a player with five years' experience, Bowen chose to end talks with other teams. He is scheduled to arrive in Houston for his physical today.

Bowen, 28, averaged 3.2 points and 2.6 rebounds in five seasons with the Nuggets.

"Houston is a great situation," Zucker said. "The Rockets are obviously on the upswing. They have two legitimate superstars and a great organization.

"Ryan was very excited. He was very impressed with Jeff. They have some spots to fill in to be a championship contender, but they are in about as good a position as anybody with two legitimate superstars just beginning to hit their prime. Every championship team has had just the right role players. Houston needed a guy like him. To be a superactive role player playing with McGrady and Yao Ming — wow."

'Jabbari, who has shown very little in either stint with the Kings, is in the Nets' camp.'

Thats what I thought...so we can expect to see someone else other than Jabari on the bench this year.