Scot back in Sac?

Would you like scot pollard back on the Kings?

• yes

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • no

Votes: 69 65.1%

• Total voters

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Folsom Al said:
Lookin' at the roster, as it stands right now ..... Corliss is the oldest player at 32 years young. Scot is 30 ..... I would've thought Scot was older cause he's banged-up more, has had injuries keep him out ... he's not at young as his age indicates ... the NBA has taken its' toll on Scotty-boy. Corliss can still move, run and jump ... even at 32 !!!

I gotta agree with the consensus that the King's are going young, athletic and run-run-run ... Scot just doesn't fit the new mold.
Just some thoughts ....
a) Corliss couldn't jump at 22. ;)

b) we're not terribly young, and our athleticism is middling at best.

I think our current starting 5 is quicker and more athletic compared to our starting 5 at the end or beginning of last season.

Corliss at 32 jumps better then Scot at 30 ... that's all I was saying :)

Scot for Corliss would be great trade. We don't need Corliss because we have too many forwards even without him. Scot would be just insurriance for one year and that move would free 6 million of cap space next year.

Last edited:
outsider62 said:
Scot for Corliss would be great trade. We don't need Corliss because we have too many forwards even without him.
Really?

I think Corliss may be the first guy to come off the bench to give Peja a rest, especially when Martin, Garcia and (at times) Bonzi are your other SF options...

pardon me if i'm wrong but isn't the shooting gaurd and small forward supposed to be the 2 most athletic positions on the team? i don't think using scorliss corliss as a relieving backup for peja is a good idea. at the least.

Who's gonna sing???

mcsluggo said:
Causie? Hell, my boy... THINK BIG!

I bet we could get the one and only Wilt Chamberlain for a song right about now.
Since Wilt died several years ago, I'm not sure about the song, but apparently there are about 20,000 women who might like to sing it! :p

The only way I see the Kings getting Scot back is in a package deal where the Kings are going for someone better. For example, if the Kings traded Peja and Corliss for Artest and Scot...

pollards effectiveness is greatly limited by his health....to count on him as a 2nd string center would be taking a huge risk, especially when u have a guy like brad miller who has a knack of missing games due to injury....

as a 3rd stringer pollard is pretty decent, however at 6 mill a bit overpaid for a 3rd stringer....as he says, he gets paid alot of money to suck....

now...all this is really moot...both the pacers and the kings have luxury tax issues....sac doesnt want to take on any more salary and indy wants to dump salary-not a good combination.....

as discussed at other times, the kings really dont have anyone that would interest the pacers...especially corliss.....

and i really dont believe the kings brass has any interest in pollard either....

SactoGreg said:
Really?

I think Corliss may be the first guy to come off the bench to give Peja a rest, especially when Martin, Garcia and (at times) Bonzi are your other SF options...
What's wrong with Bonzi taking SF spot while Peja is resting? Of SAR?