Sasha Watch 2022-2023

I think once he get's here people will realize the reality of it that his game is not made for the NBA, i hope I'm wrong but I can't see it translating at a high level.

Some of our resident euro guys can speak more on this, but how common is a back to back Euroleague MVP? It's just hard for me to see how a dude dominating the 2nd best league in the world couldn't find a way to be a good player in the NBA. Especially a guy that seems to base his game off shooting and movement.

Some of our resident euro guys can speak more on this, but how common is a back to back Euroleague MVP? It's just hard for me to see how a dude dominating the 2nd best league in the world couldn't find a way to be a good player in the NBA. Especially a guy that seems to base his game off shooting and movement.
It's a completely different sport in some ways, former NBA player Anthony Parker is the only guy to win 2 in a row in the modern Euroleague era (close to 20 years). I go back and forth with Sasha in regards to the NBA out of the 18 seasons of Euroleague MVP's only AK47 (was still in somewhat his good years so not a good example and had elite seasons in the NBA prior to going back), Mirotic and Doncic had success after that it's Navarro had a ok season with a bad grizz team the rest is super bleak where they were bad/downright terrible (Teodosic/Spanulois/de Colo/Vesely/Rodriguez and Bjelly (had half a great season in Sac).

I personally think the very good role players (Joe Ingles) in the Euroleague in alot of cases could do far better than a lot of the elite guys. Hopefully Sasha will be good in the NBA but I personally think there are many better wings than him as NBA fits.

I think it’s telling that Mike James is number 2 on the MVP ladder this year. James clearly has NBA talent - but can’t find a role that suits him in the NBA. I think Sasha is smart in that his comments last year suggested he wasn’t thinking of coming to the NBA just because it’s the best league - but that if an interested team offered him a suitable role that could be a possibility.

I don’t watch his games - but his off ball movement, shooting and rebounding are potentially good fits for what the Kings do.