[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks, 12/29/2023, 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Len should be in the mix when the player matchup makes sense. He looks to be the same as he was, before the injury
Len was just dominant when he came in the game. Instead of a layup line--the worst kind of defense a fan wants to see--he contested everything at the rim and made the Hawks think twice when they got close in. He's the DPOG in my mind.

I kept thinking, they are right on the verge of getting back in this and then Atlanta would bank a three in, we would give up a long rebound for second chance points or someone would sling a wounded duck across the court for a turnover. Didn’t really like some of Fox’s three but can’t argue with the final result.
Obviously great when they go in at a good %, but probably not the best strategy for a deep playoff run

Len was just dominant when he came in the game. Instead of a layup line--the worst kind of defense a fan wants to see--he contested everything at the rim and made the Hawks think twice when they got close in. He's the DPOG in my mind.
He's the backup C from here on if Brown was watching. Runs the offense, sets great screens, doesn't make mistakes, and is plain big.

I wouldn't mind seeing the unit that closed as the starting unit for awhile. Duarte, if he can ever find consistency, fills that defensive role player void so well. The problem is his lows are extremely extremely low.

Didn't see the Davion minutes, but not seeing in the stat profile tonight to suggest he should be winning minutes over Keon.

-Sounds like Len was very impactful on D. 4 assists is surprising to see.

-Fox has got to mix in some rim attacks. 16 of his 20 FGA were from 3 LOL. Only 3-7 from the FT line. Dominant 31-8-6 line on 20 shots with 4 steals.

-Domas didn't do much in closing, but a typical 25-10-7 line on 17 shots

-Monk was incredible as the initiator in the 4th. Let Fox play off ball some and actually get some open looks and shots created for him rather than him doing it all himself. 15-8-4 for Monk on 10 shots, but has to clean up the 6 TO's.

-Looks like Trey found his shot in this one. Again, didn't see his play, but 4-9 from 3 is great and 19-6 on 12 shots is the kind of spike game we were used to from him last year. We need this Trey Lyles back desperately.

I wouldn't mind seeing the unit that closed as the starting unit for awhile. Duarte, if he can ever find consistency, fills that defensive role player void so well. The problem is his lows are extremely extremely low.

Didn't see the Davion minutes, but not seeing in the stat profile tonight to suggest he should be winning minutes over Keon.

-Sounds like Len was very impactful on D. 4 assists is surprising to see.

-Fox has got to mix in some rim attacks. 16 of his 20 FGA were from 3 LOL. Only 3-7 from the FT line. Dominant 31-8-6 line on 20 shots with 4 steals.

-Domas didn't do much in closing, but a typical 25-10-7 line on 17 shots

-Monk was incredible as the initiator in the 4th. Let Fox play off ball some and actually get some open looks and shots created for him rather than him doing it all himself. 15-8-4 for Monk on 10 shots, but has to clean up the 6 TO's.

-Looks like Trey found his shot in this one. Again, didn't see his play, but 4-9 from 3 is great and 19-6 on 12 shots is the kind of spike game we were used to from him last year. We need this Trey Lyles back desperately.
He was solid. I'm wondering if Ellis being out was a 2 way thing? Seemed odd if he was healthy.

Trae Young is ridiculous. Stooooopid shots from the parking lot - and exactly at the times they needed good looks. Wanted to mano-a-mano w/Fox. Good luck with that.

And the dude's a 35% career 3-pt shooter. Shot 33.5% last year from 3.

Not exactly Cap'n Deadeye. Super overrated.
Yeah, you could see when Fox gestured to the crowd(or Trae’s dad) after a three..you can see the jolt enter Trae through all of his movements that he was going to try to win the game by himself. Then he took some terrible shots.

He is overrated.

All of the same things he did down the stretch and in the playoffs last season. This is who he is for this team.

We even had some trying to tell us that he wasn't an NBA player and would be out of the league,...before he finally got his chance to play late last season

I spent most of the last week in Oregon visiting family. I don't know that I should ever go back. Kings (including the Portland game I was at), 49ers, and even OSU (was at the game last night vs. UCLA) all lost while I was up there. My son and I drove home today and as soon as I get in the house the Kings beat Atlanta.
Beautiful state but I wouldn’t risk it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah, you could see when Fox gestured to the crowd(or Trae’s dad) after a three..you can see the jolt enter Trae through all of his movements that he was going to try to win the game by himself. Then he took some terrible shots.

He is overrated.
Trae's problem is and has always been between the ears. Not surprising that he can get psyched into shooting the Hawks out of a game.

Thank god I only caught the last 6 minutes. Sounds like a really ugly 1st half. I’m gonna watch the condensed game, but looking at the box score it seems like Brown’s leash is getting shorter and shorter with Huerter and Barnes. Or were either of them hurt? I do think it’s time he should replace 1 of them in the lineup for defense. If it’s Huerter, I think he’ll benefit from it and maybe he can play more of a spot up role and take away the more stressful shots coming from a handoff.

Also curious how Hawks are 12-19. Looking at their roster, they should be at least .500. Trae, Murray, Capella, Hunter, Bogi, Bey. Seems like a really good balance of shooting, size, passing, etc. Their record doesn’t make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.