[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks, 12/29/2023, 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings might be reliant on jacking 3's but thank goodness they aren't the Hawks. Talk about throwing **** at the wall, lol.
Trae Young is ridiculous. Stooooopid shots from the parking lot - and exactly at the times they needed good looks. Wanted to mano-a-mano w/Fox. Good luck with that.

And the dude's a 35% career 3-pt shooter. Shot 33.5% last year from 3.

Not exactly Cap'n Deadeye. Super overrated.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Ugly first half but the team stuck with it! Some strong bench play, hopefully a good confident boost we can pull one out even when down big.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Kings might be reliant on jacking 3's but thank goodness they aren't the Hawks. Talk about throwing **** at the wall, lol.
Our threes are at least the product of some sort of offense. The Hawks entire offense is pretty much just one of their guard dribbling the air out of the ball and then either jacking up a three because they feel like it or tossing the ball to a teammate with like a second left on the shot clock so they have no choice but to shoot the threee.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Trae Young is ridiculous. Stooooopid shots from the parking lot - and exactly at the times they needed good looks. Wanted to mano-a-mano w/Fox. Good luck with that.

And the dude's a 35% career 3-pt shooter. Shot 33.5% last year from 3.

Not exactly Cap'n Deadeye. Super overrated.
The fact that De’Aaron Fox is now a better shooter than him from beyond the arc is sorta ridiculous lol

I kept thinking, they are right on the verge of getting back in this and then Atlanta would bank a three in, we would give up a long rebound for second chance points or someone would sling a wounded duck across the court for a turnover. Didn’t really like some of Fox’s three but can’t argue with the final result.

Our threes are at least the product of some sort of offense. The Hawks entire offense is pretty much just one of their guard dribbling the air out of the ball and then either jacking up a three because they feel like it or tossing the ball to a teammate with like a second left on the shot clock so they have no choice but to shoot the threee.
They've got to be one of the teams this year that picks a direction. Their roster is somewhat hodgepodged. Siakam would make some sense for them but I'm not sure they have the pieces. If they give up Jalen Johnson I think that's a mistake, if that even gets it done of course. Hopefully that Kings pick won't be worth a lot and IIRC they gave up a stupid package for Murray already. If Jalen lives up to his potential they might have someone for a post Trae Young world. A lot of F's that Monte should look into on that roster though.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I’m glad I stayed clear of the thread :)

How many of y’all suffered through that whole thing like I did with the huge pay off?
I got a little work done in the garage and just listened for a bit in the third came back when it was within single digits again.

The instant we took the lead it was over. If you watched the Arizona - OU football game yesterday it was kind of similar where Arizona gave up 24 straight points and was DOA and then they got a pick 6 and the entire game turned on a dime and OU never did a single thing right again.

The minute the Hawks gave up the lead they were so deflated and resorted to trash 3 ball and nothing went in. We've seen too many games where we defend well but the other team hits miracles so this was so rewarding to see it pay off. Seeing Trae get his comeuppance on the cheap foul hunt was the dagger. And Keegs was just awesome when he made him lose his handles. lol. over on twitter some are whining about his offense for some reason it's like hello have you seen him play D?

Status
Not open for further replies.