[Game] Sacramento Kings at Phoenix Suns, 12/8/2023, 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can but, if you are indeed happy to keep Fox, you probably don't feel the need to randomly bring Haliburton up in games that have nothing to do with him.
4 people brought up Hali today in the chat. Not just me. Hali had an amazing game and is on the front cover of sports today so naturally he will get brought up. Have I brought him up at any other time this season?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I disagree that they couldn’t have worked. You guys forget the coach who was coaching them together and completely ignore the brown effects. Monk and Fox on the floor is magic I got no doubt brown could have made it work
Most people here in the game thread don’t really give 2 craps what it would look like anymore. I think we are all waiting for you and others to get over it and enjoy what we got.

I’m not defensive….but I’m very annoyed lol. What the. I was on the Fox shouldn’t be Traded side while half y’all was on the get rid of him train. Don’t rewrite history when it’s already been written.

let me agains state” I’m happy with the trade” but Hali in flame thrower mode makes you wonder what if. Especially with his dedication towards sac

Don't have to imagine it, we saw it. Neither was going to ascend to MVP level sharing a backcourt. That trade has allowed both of them to thrive and that's why it was the right decision. If Monte had traded Haliburton for nothing I can understand being upset but Sabonis is an All-NBA center. The NBA is a better place with Fox and Hali each leading their own team to the playoffs so why not just be happy for both of them?
Thank you.

There is some interesting human psychology going on when people evaluate the trade. Here's what doesn't count: how good Haliburton is now. It has nothing to do with how good the trade was for us.

You have to strictly evaluate how the team has performed before vs. after the trade (even then there are other variables). It was a FANTASTIC trade for us. Not even just good. It was one of the best trades in Sacramento Kings history. None of what is happening now happens without that trade.

6 pages… I’m not going to go back and read through tonight but I’m guessing it wasn’t too fun? :D

I left the game feeling good that we have a superstar but admittedly it wasn’t a very satisfying victory. Still we are probably due for some luck or good fortune. I’ll take the dub, the Sasha Experience, the Keegan can still score when the 3s don’t go effort and Kings being 9-1? When Keon plays.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Why everyone get defensive about saying that Hali is good? You can be happy to keep fox while also praising the fact that Hali is a beast. Sobonis is Not as good as Hali period, but he works for us and I’m happy we made the trade. Hali is just one of those guys who makes you wonder “what if” is all.

crazy cause half y’all on the board hated the trade and wanted fox gone. Now got pitchforks lol

great win btw
Two minutes ago you were saying Hali is better than Fox. I just think that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Hali on the Pacers with his current group of teammates is a perfect fit and so is Fox on this team with this group of teammates. There is no "what if" where the Kings have Hali along with Turner, Mathurin, Toppin, Rick Carlisle, etc.

Not to mention... and this is the key point, the Kings were the 3 seed in the West last season. Who cares about "what if" when that's the team we've already got? This is an old reference but to me it's like David Justice being married to Halle Berry and still looking around like he's going to find someone better. I won't ever understand it.

Most people here in the game thread don’t really give 2 craps what it would look like anymore. I think we are all waiting for you and others to get over it and enjoy what we got.
We’ll keep waiting. If It comes to my head I’ll speak on it, you don’t speak for all kings fans. I’ve been a miserable kings fan for 38 years. I can speak on anything kings related past and present. I’ve earned it sir

I prety much missed Huerter today , and now i see he got only 16 min and 0-4 shoots ...
Was he hurt or something , or just one of his OFF games ?
He was terrible and its not unusual for Huerter to cap out at around 20 minutes or less on nights he is terrible. He didn’t record a stat that wasn’t a foul until the second half. He did have a nice steal on a Booker isolation though.

Keon benefited from the extra minutes and played very well

6 pages… I’m not going to go back and read through tonight but I’m guessing it wasn’t too fun? :D

I left the game feeling good that we have a superstar but admittedly it wasn’t a very satisfying victory. Still we are probably due for some luck or good fortune. I’ll take the dub, the Sasha Experience, the Keegan can still score when the 3s don’t go effort and Kings being 9-1? When Keon plays.
It started getting fun when someone on the PHX bench mouthed off to Fox lol!

Two minutes ago you were saying Hali is better than Fox. I just think that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Hali on the Pacers with his current group of teammates is a perfect fit and so is Fox on this team with this group of teammates. There is no "what if" where the Kings have Hali along with Turner, Mathurin, Toppin, Rick Carlisle, etc.

Not to mention... and this is the key point, the Kings were the 3 seed in the West last season. Who cares about "what if" when that's the team we've already got? This is an old reference but to me it's like David Justice being married to Halle Berry and still looking around like he's going to find someone better. I won't ever understand it.
not once did I say Hali was better than Fox. Not once. I also said fox was better for this team. I said you could argue it and you most def can. Also having to amazing passers on the team is amazing to think about as well. But let’s not put words in my mouth sir

hrdboild

Staff member
Vezenkov with 3 steals by the way...
Not bad for poor defender (well one of those was followed by his only turnover , but statistic can not show that :D:D )
I loved what I saw from Vezenkov today. Tough rebounds, multiple deflections, took good shots and made almost all of them. He helped fuel that big run that gave Sacramento the lead going into the fourth. He should be playing more.

There’s a separate thread for Haliburton. Lots of conversation there for you
Haven’t commented once on that thread and don’t intend to. Hali had a great game. Fox had a great game.

this forum has 2 pages in the 3rd quarter when I made that comment. You should be happy to liven things up around here

I loved what I saw from Vezenkov today. Tough rebounds, multiple deflections, took good shots and made almost all of them. He helped fuel that big run that gave Sacramento the lead going into the fourth. He should be playing more.
That is the only thing i want to see honestly ...
I love the guys playing attitude and i am sure all of you as Kings fans will love him , if you can see him a bit more in action , but not 6-8 minutes , separated on 3/4 times ...

hrdboild

Staff member
I’m not defensive….but I’m very annoyed lol. What the. I was on the Fox shouldn’t be Traded side while half y’all was on the get rid of him train. Don’t rewrite history when it’s already been written.

let me agains state” I’m happy with the trade” but Hali in flame thrower mode makes you wonder what if. Especially with his dedication towards sac
Fair enough. I wasn't trying to pick on you. As good as Hali is on the court, he's an even better person off of it too so he's easy to root for. It does make me a little sad that we only got a year and a half of him in a Kings uniform but it is what it is. Mostly I'm just stoked to see one of my favorite non-Kings players having an incredible season.

Honestly for me Huerter and HB are not starters for sure , but im Bronw's eyes they deserve at least 30 minutes per game , that is why i was surprised by the lack of Huerter today... Figured out that he must be injured ot something ...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wouldn't say that opting against dwelling on the past and wanting to move on from a trade that happened almost two years ago, when your team is playing well, counts as "rewriting history."

Status
Not open for further replies.