[Game] Sacramento Kings at Phoenix Suns, 12/8/2023, 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
You could def argue that Hali is better. Better for this team? No. But Hali is having MVP season. I would have traded Hali over fox. But Hali is better than I expected and getting better
Fox is having an equally MVP caliber season, Haliburton gets bonus points for “potential“ that Fox isn’t receiving even though Fox has continued to elevate his game.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
imagine this. We had both of them
Don't have to imagine it, we saw it. Neither was going to ascend to MVP level sharing a backcourt. That trade has allowed both of them to thrive and that's why it was the right decision. If Monte had traded Haliburton for nothing I can understand being upset but Sabonis is an All-NBA center. The NBA is a better place with Fox and Hali each leading their own team to the playoffs so why not just be happy for both of them?

Why everyone get defensive about saying that Hali is good? You can be happy to keep fox while also praising the fact that Hali is a beast. Sobonis is Not as good as Hali period, but he works for us and I’m happy we made the trade. Hali is just one of those guys who makes you wonder “what if” is all.

crazy cause half y’all on the board hated the trade and wanted fox gone. Now got pitchforks lol

great win btw

Don't have to imagine it, we saw it. Neither was going to ascend to MVP level sharing a backcourt. That trade has allowed both of them to thrive and that's why it was the right decision. If Monte had traded Haliburton for nothing I can understand being upset but Sabonis is an All-NBA center. The NBA is a better place with Fox and Hali each leading their own team to the playoffs so why not just be happy for both of them?
This is one of the best posts about the whole trade I’ve read. Well said.

Kings are always better when Fox is cooking but the rebounding tonight hasn’t hurt.

Shows how important having a consistent second rebounder next to Domas will be long term. HB usually isn’t it but he was tonight. Barnes has 8 rebounds. 4 offensive. Sasha has 3 offensive rebounds. Domas 4.

Fox turned a dud into a great game

The bench was excellent. Sasha and Keon both played very well

Nice taking care of business win on the road.

Why everyone get defensive about saying that Hali is good? You can be happy to keep fox while also praising the fact that Hali is a beast. Sobonis is Not as good as Hali period, but he works for us and I’m happy we made the trade. Hali is just one of those guys who makes you wonder “what if” is all.

crazy cause half y’all on the board hated the trade and wanted fox gone. Now got pitchforks lol

great win btw
Nobody is getting defensive about people saying Hali is good.

But it's pretty annoying that people have to say "but Hali..." when we clearly have the better player. Haliburton cannot take over a game the way Fox can. It's no contest.

I disagree that they couldn’t have worked. You guys forget the coach who was coaching them together and completely ignore the brown effects. Monk and Fox on the floor is magic I got no doubt brown could have made it work

Status
Not open for further replies.