[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 2, 1-0) 4/14/2023 7:00pm Pacific 10:00pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace is key. There's a reason Brown is continually demanding his team runs like hell. It's a great leveler for playing against the Warriors. First, it reduces the efficacy of Green's antics and physicality. Second, it wears on the 35 year old Curry. Third, it reduces the effectiveness of the Warriors in their half court defense because they are not playing nearly as much of it. Then, of course, it augments the strength of Fox and the Kings. And last but not least, the longer the series goes, the more the pace is going to wear on Curry, Green, and possibly Klay because of his prior injuries.

P.S. I'm curious on how Wiggins plays tonight. I've seen it a zillion times where a player comes back after a very long hiatus and plays great in the first game, only to crash and burn in the 2nd. Wiggins could well be the exception to the rule, but it's something to keep an eye on.
VERY good point. I’ll never forget when Webber came back from that big injury in 04 while we were near the top of the standings and absolutely killed it in his first game back. Adelman put em in the starting lineup and the chemistry dropped significantly. Obviously this is different and Wiggins didn’t miss as much time, but it is something to think about.

I expect the Warriors to bring a little more dirt to the game. I think more physicality is how they'll respond just to send a message so hopefully the refs don't let them get the whistles too. Also, I wonder if Kerr will go with Wiggins, Kuminga, and Draymond in the front court? Kuminga was the best mismatch player in the last game on switches. Looking forward to some 3's balls going in for the Kings.

Interesting note on pace - it may not be the be-all end-all vs. the Warriors who seem to outpace us - but I still think it plays to our advantage in a 7 game series:
Just shows how far Fox has gotten and how much he’s grown. Teams think he can only cook in a run n gun situation and they’ll be in for a rude awakening every time. I’m so happy he worked on that mid range shot and chose to dominate from there

I expect the Warriors to bring a little more dirt to the game. I think more physicality is how they'll respond just to send a message so hopefully the refs don't let them get the whistles too. Also, I wonder if Kerr will go with Wiggins, Kuminga, and Draymond in the front court? Kuminga was the best mismatch player in the last game on switches. Looking forward to some 3's balls going in for the Kings.
Kuminga is just the type of player that has always killed us but Kerr wasn’t a fan because he said Kuminga didn’t rebound enough. That’s why he only played a few minutes

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Hope you feel better and game 2’s result makes you spring outta bed with JOY!
Thanks - I actually fell asleep in a recliner and just woke up a bit ago when a client called needing some urgent information about a project I'm working on. Good thing I called it a day at work and went home early; this (non-COVID - I tested) cold or whatever has wiped me out. Hopefully I'm back to 100% (or close enough) when my son and I go to game 3 on Thursday!

About to clock out for the rest of the day, and won't be by my computer to be able to post comments until the game concludes (or we're getting spanked around so much that I've given up any hope of heading to San Francisco with a 2 game lead). For those of you who are going to be at the game tonight, have fun, make some noise, and light that mutha effing beam for me!!!

For the rest of you, enjoy, don't pull all of your damn hair out, and do your part in lighting that mutha effing beam for me as well!!!

Until then...:p:p:p

Comin' Atcha Live straight into MDC would be dope.

and sure close it with Love Song. But those two are certified bangers. I've been meaning to see them when they come through town, curious if Jeff's still got the pipes.
I saw them in 2019 in Vegas (I know, I know - but I was always out of town when they did local shows). I personally enjoyed the show but I’m not a critic so couldn’t give an impartial review.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Surely we can update “Sacramento band” to something like Deftones or Cake?
I realize that some people like those bands more than Tesla but I am not one of those people.

True story though, the first time I left Sacramento (I was 14 and not ready), the Great Radio Controversy dropped midway through my Freshman year of high school, it really got me through a rough winter term. I was home for Spring Break and saw them with Poison and it was the greatest thing ever for me at this time (I wish I had appreciated what Poison brought to the table that night - which was very attractive women, but I pretty much spent that part of the show sneering).

So in a way, for that one year, Tesla is what the Kings have been to me from about 1992 on. My connection to home. I joke about dusting off but goddammit I love em.

My friends and compatriots,

I am so honored to share this Kingdom with you. By now you probably have figured out that I am not Mark Jones - though I reserve the right to joke about this in the future. But you should know that I'm as old school of a Kings fan as almost anyone here - except for the KC crew. I'm a day one fan. I've been through it all.

As all the various documentaries and clips have been making the rounds this last week - seeing the footage from Arco 1, I find myself picking out in the background where my grandfather had season tickets and where my nine year old self was stomping the plywood and helping to create that original Arco Thunder - yelling and screaming and stomping the noise meter light to it's peak (iykyk).

But, like Mark Jones, I do share a proclivity for prose, a gift of gab, a love for positively portraying my Kings.

In 1985 - I said we had the best team ever.
In 1991 - I said we had the best team ever.
In 2002 - I said we had the best team ever (and was actually right this time).
And in 2023 - I say we have the best team in the league.

Join me once again my friends as we settle in to another incredible chance to love our Kings and stand for the City we love.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.