Rudy Fernandez

Just wondering what you guys think about possibly going after Fernandez. Not a huge fan of him, but he's young, talented, and on the trade market. Problem, he's not much of a defender, and he seems to be easily disgruntled.

i do love his style of play and energy he brings to the game. however, i think we already have our own player in that mold in Omri Casspi.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Just wondering what you guys think about possibly going after Fernandez. Not a huge fan of him, but he's young, talented, and on the trade market. Problem, he's not much of a defender, and he seems to be easily disgruntled.
I like him. I like having someone next to Tyreke who is a playmaker. The only other guy we really have like that is Beno, and he's not a long term answer as a starter. If our bigs are going to be as good defensively as many think, then you can afford a guy at the 2 who is ok on D.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Other than defensively, he's close to what were looking for. He can handle the ball. He's a decent to good shooter if not a little streaky. And he's a good passer. He's not the greatest defender in the world, but he's far from the worse. I know Petrie liked him at one time. There are certainly worse choices out there.

The downside is that we'd have to give up something serious to get him, and I don't think that's necessary right now.

Word is Rudy will go play in Europe should he not be traded...
http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.c.../entry/22748484/23295647?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Sadly, he wants to be traded to the Bulls, Knicks, Raptors, Rockets, and Wizards... which is a plain weird group of teams... the Bulls and Rockets I understand, playoff teams. The Knicks I also understand... NYC. But the Raptors and Wizards? Seriously, who wants to move to the greater DC/Baltimore area? And the Raptors?

I don't think we'd have to give up anything too major to get him... I could be wrong. Would be interesting to see what the Blazers have in mind for payment for him

Marco Belinelli has better skills than Rudy, but he sucks defensively too.
Thats just too funny!

I would love to have Rudy on this team next to Tyreke. He is a very good shooter, has good legth, can play both guard spots and is young and athletic. He would be a great fit next to Reke.

He is a better shooter, but I like Rudy better in all other areas. And to say Belinelli sucks defensively is an understatement. When you were the worst defender on the Warriors, that is saying something.

I think the Wizards might be open to trading Nick Young... He's like McCants without the brain problems, but that's because, uh, Nick Young doesn't have a (basketball) brain. He does have Jordan syndrome though.

Last edited:
Believe me, I'm italian and Rudy is a much better player than Marco. Even when they both played in Europe there were no doubt that Rudy was an overall better player. And he would be perfect for the Kings. I don't know if this will ever happen, but it would be a great move.

Wasn't mentioned and probebly not importent, but he did say he wants to play with Rubio (it's where he'll go if he moves to Europe), so Wizards is also understadable.

And i'd say no thanks aswell

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
... he did say he wants to play with Rubio (it's where he'll go if he moves to Europe), so Wizards is also understandable.
Because the Wizards have the rights to Ricky Rubio? Wait, no, that's not right. Because the Wizards are likely to trade for the rights to Ricky Rubio and displace their #1 overall pick in the 2010 draft? No, that's not it either.

What exactly is the logic behind this statement?

I could understand Toronto and DC if he were Serbian. He's not though.
But Toronto is a really great, international and cosmopolitan city.

Not sure about Washington DC, although certainly it has some international flavor. (I love DC, but its not everyone's cup of tea at all.)

Love to have him but I don’t understand all the whining that comes from the guy. I think the last thing we need is another unhappy player and if he’s going to ruffle his feathers all the time I don’t think it’s worth it, especially if it gives other players a bad direction to follow.

But if he’s going to be happy then yeah, I would trade for him…on a side note: I always love when players demand to be traded and then make a list of all the teams that they’d like to be traded too :rolleyes:

According to today's hoopshype rumors, the Blazer are looking to trade Rudy, but want something of value back in return. Is it time to ship off Donte? The Kings could trade for him without taking back any salary, but what sort of cash and draft picks would they have to give up to get Rudy?
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I would take Rudy for a bargain, but giving up Donte is a no-go. Let's not get nuts, he's billed as a shooter but hit 38% overall in substantial minutes last year. He's 25 and polished, and while I'm sure he can shoot better than that I don't think there's a lot of surprise left in his development curve.

According to today's hoopshype rumors, the Blazer are looking to trade Rudy, but want something of value back in return. Is it time to ship off Donte? The Kings could trade for him without taking back any salary, but what sort of cash and draft picks would they have to give up to get Rudy?
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
Not even close. With Rudy saying he wants to go back to spain next year his value is low. You don't trade away a player like Donte for potentially 1 year with Rudy.

If they don't take 2 second rounders then forget it.

L

Lafayette

Rudy would be good for a 2nd rounds and cash, thats that, then the Blazers don't need to carry anymore salaries.

Blazers are NOT going to give this guy away for 2nd round pick/s and/or cash! He is too good a player to just give away
Are you missing the point that he wants to go back to spain next year? He's already asking for a buyout. Doesn't matter how good he is if he's going to walk away anyhow.

Are you missing the point that he wants to go back to spain next year? He's already asking for a buyout. Doesn't matter how good he is if he's going to walk away anyhow.
You mean the same way Darko went back to Europe?! Did you miss that point as well?

If Rudy gets to a team where he is consistently getting good minutes he is not going back to Spain you can bookmark that.

2nd round pick and some cash. Will they bite? And does it work financially?

Rudy of last season was not so good, but his rookie season was brilliant. I hope to get him.

You mean the same way Darko went back to Europe?! Did you miss that point as well?

If Rudy gets to a team where he is consistently getting good minutes he is not going back to Spain you can bookmark that.
Right because they're the same person because they're both from the other side of the ocean?? They must be robots over there and do exactly what the other is doing and feeling. /sarcasm