Rookie of the Year?

Who would get your vote for Rookie of the Year?

• Dwight Howard-Orlando Magic

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Emeka Okafor-Charlotte Bobcats

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Ben Gordon-Chicago Bulls

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
I would vote for Gordon,because he already showed that he is clutch and he brought his team into the playoofs first time after M.J.I think that these reasons are enough to give him award.
Krstic also played well,and his team will probably make playoffs.His advantage is that he wasn't known till he didn't came into starting lineup.He wasn't popular like Howard for example,but I think that he showed more!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Peja said:
Krstic also played well,and his team will probably make playoffs.His advantage is that he wasn't known till he didn't came into starting lineup. He wasn't popular like Howard for example,but I think that he showed more!
:eek: Er...no. But he does have a future in the league.

F

Fillmoe

Benny Gordon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bricklayer said:
:eek: Er...no. But he does have a future in the league.
I mentioned him because DeAtHrOw said something about him.My vote goes to Gordon.Krstic is maybe 4th or 5th rookie this year!
;)
And you're right,he has future in the league for sure!

Peja said:
.Krstic is maybe 4th or 5th rookie this year!
Probably still too high. Deng, J.R. Smith, Josh Smith, Igoudala, Jameer Nelson, Chris Duhon all have strong cases to be ahead of him. But you are right he will be a solid nba player. I think he compares well to Darius Songalia.

I say Ben Gordon will win it but Dwight Howard is who I beleive has the brightest future. He is a smart kid with his head screwed on straight. Reminds me of Amare. Ben is just another 2 guard in a point guards body!

Emeka, my choice; his supporting cast is not as great as Gordon (beside GWall); and the team is doing considering well for an expansion team. Also Emeka avg double-double and something about him reminds me of our #4.......yeah gotta go w/ Emeka

Last edited:
I think Emeka should win it, as he does 'it' every quarter of every match, where as Ben does 'it' in the last quarter of 85% of games.

also to avoid having to make difficult descions, they'll give Emeka the rookie award and Ben the sixth man award :)

Evenstar said:
emeka. he's averaging a double double, and the bobcats were better then most people thought they'd be.
I agree. Plus,As of last night he passed shaq and is now tied with tim duncan for most double-doubles by a rookie(or something like that). Gordon is only good in the 4th and has to jack up a lot of shots to get his 20 or so. IMO it would be a rip off if okafor didn't win.

Its not about stats... its helping your team win. When you can become a clutch 4th quarter player and win games for your team... you deserve it. Thats why Ben will win it.

D

DeAtHrOw

Just_Lurkin said:
I agree. Plus,As of last night he passed shaq and is now tied with tim duncan for most double-doubles by a rookie(or something like that). Gordon is only good in the 4th and has to jack up a lot of shots to get his 20 or so. IMO it would be a rip off if okafor didn't win.

I think it is very misleading to say Gordon is only good in the 4th seeing that the majority of his minutes come in 4th quarter only. He averages somehting like 8-10 minutes through first 3 quarters and the 10+ in the 4th.

D

DeAtHrOw

Heuge said:
Probably still too high. Deng, J.R. Smith, Josh Smith, Igoudala, Jameer Nelson, Chris Duhon all have strong cases to be ahead of him. But you are right he will be a solid nba player. I think he compares well to Darius Songalia.
In this league I would Krstic over anyone of these with the exception of Iggy. Pure centers are hard to come by and judging by what he has shown so far Krstic has a chance to have better career than Vlade.

Heuge said:
The bolded guys are not better than Krstic, Smith is good but who wouldn't average the numbers he is when you play for the Hornets?

I guess you can compare Darius to Krstic but Krstic needs to improve his defense. He has a mid range shot like Darius but is a better rebounder and much better inside player.

F

Fillmoe

rookie of the year has to be gordon but like someone else said on here they will probably give rookie of the year to okafor and 6th man to gordon so theres no hard decisions being made.............

I guess I do not see Krstic as highly as others do. He seems like he will just be a solid backup big man, as opposed to a rising star.

bojan, I give you Nelson and Duhon (though he is a phenominal defender for a rookie), but J.R. Smith is just too good. Love that guy's athleticism.

Benny G. has to be the pick. Sure, Emeka and Dwight are averaging double doubles, but they are both about 6'11 and playing 35+ minutes a game on teams that are once again headed toward the lottery. On the other,the Bulls are 44-26 in their last 70. Ben is 6'3 and averaging 15 pts in 24 mpg, and is a key factor in the Bulls clinching a playoff spot for the first time in 7 years (not to mention being a +.500 team for the first time since Jordan retired). Also, don't forget about Ben's "clutchosity" (quoting a great Kings fan).