Rookie of the Year?

Who would get your vote for Rookie of the Year?

• Dwight Howard-Orlando Magic

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Emeka Okafor-Charlotte Bobcats

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Ben Gordon-Chicago Bulls

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Heuge said:
I guess I do not see Krstic as highly as others do. He seems like he will just be a solid backup big man, as opposed to a rising star.

bojan, I give you Nelson and Duhon (though he is a phenominal defender for a rookie), but J.R. Smith is just too good. Love that guy's athleticism.
I've watched Krstic play quite a few times this year, and I was pretty impressed. While I don't think he is as talented as a few of the rookies mentioned, he has very solid fundamentals, and a very good post game. He is also a hard worker and a team player. I'd probably put him at 5th for the rookie of the year award. I think he has a very bright future in the NBA (I think he can average 15 pts, 8 rebs next year). Richard Jefferson was as bold to predict earlier this season that Krstic will one day be an all-star. We'll see.

Having yapped all of that praise, I still strongly believe that benchwarmer Darko Milicic is a much more talented player than Krstic. I compare them because they are of similar height/age/origin. If Darko was to ever reach his potential, he would be a mix of KG/Dirk. But as long as Larry is the coach, he will keep riding the pine. If only Larry Brown was the Pistons GM and not the coach, Petrie would be able to pull a Tag for Darko trade during the offseason. After that, bring Vlade back to be his personal coach/Kings scout and... I'll stop dreaming now.