Rock Band Draft - Round 6 (Wrap Up)

I'm going in a different direction now, but I think it'll be for the best. A polarizing pick? Maybe. Definitely a solid pick, though. Dude gave a great superbowl performance - probably the best I've seen.

My first pick:

Prince - Lead Guitar and Vocals

Wow, great picks so far. Had a hard time deciding on whether to pick a frontman or a lead guitarist first. Finally decided on a frontman since my band will be formed around him. So for my first pick I select:

OZZY OSBOURNE - Lead Vocalist

My most favorite frontman of all time.

Wow, great picks so far. Had a hard time deciding on whether to pick a frontman or a lead guitarist first. Finally decided on a frontman since my band will be formed around him. So for my first pick I select:

OZZY OSBOURNE - Lead Vocalist

My most favorite frontman of all time.

Wow!

I had to disqualify Prince for reasons that will be obvious down the road. Otherwise he would have been strongly considered for my band.

I'm glad Freddie Mercury was picked before my first pick for reasons I don't care to get into yet :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Man, I am really torn here, and almost hoping that 1 of my potential choices gets taken in the next few picks before it reaches me. :eek: You can totally see how this first pick completely shuts off all sorts of other avenues (unless you want to put together a really wacky band ;)).

Carlos Santana - Lead Guitar / Back-up Vocals

I did not think he would fall this far. Easily my favorite guitar player ever. Quite possibly the most soulfull of all the greats.

Attachments

Last edited:
Protocol 1: Select most exciting rock guitarist of all time.

I select:

Angus Young of AC/DC: Lead Guitar/Backup vocals

[yt=Angus Young]IlejfA5NCbQ[/yt]

So you want to start the best Rock band of all time? Let's see, should I pick some hippy? Some Pop music dancer? Some beret wearing artist? HECK NO! You pick Angus Young! The guy who puts the AC/D in AC/DC! The guy who runs up and down the stage while playing an insane, rocking guitar solo! The guy who dresses like a schoolboy only to ditch most of his clothes during the show!

Last edited:
I postulate you are just upset you did not get him.
No, to be honest I find his guitar work to be a bit too limited. Blues based hard rock/pentatonic scales and his overall tone don't work for my creative vision. Plus he doesn't meet several of my other membership requirements.

But my original point was merely that there are a number of showman guitarists out there that would give Angus a run for his money. Won't name names though.

No, to be honest I find his guitar work to be a bit too limited. Blues based hard rock/pentatonic scales and his overall tone don't work for my creative vision. Plus he doesn't meet several of my other membership requirements.

But my original point was merely that there are a number of showman guitarists out there that would give Angus a run for his money. Won't name names though.
Based on your previous pick, I can guess... and Angus dominates him hands down... I hear your argument about pentatonic scales, and you will see where I am going and you will be jealous... so, your guy is gonna play mixolydian scales or something completely untonic.

Protocol 1: Select most exciting rock guitarist of all time.

I select:

Angus Young of AC/DC: Lead Guitar/Backup vocals

So you want to start the best Rock band of all time? Let's see, should I pick some hippy? Some Pop music dancer? Some beret wearing artist? HECK NO! You pick Angus Young! The guy who puts the AC/D in AC/DC! The guy who runs up and down the stage while playing an insane, rocking guitar solo! The guy who dresses like a schoolboy only to ditch most of his clothes during the show!
I love Angus Young, and AC/DC are my favorite band, but he's certainly not the best guitar player. A great one? Absolutely. But he's probably not even in the top 10 best guitar players (and that's hard for me to say, being such a big fan). Good pick though.

Carlos Santana - Lead Guitar / Back-up Vocals

I did not think he would fall this far. Easily my favorite guitar player ever. Quite possibly the most soulfull of all the greats.
I figured he'd go quite high. I'm not a fan of his at all though. Never was really. But he's obviously very good at guitar

I love Angus Young, and AC/DC are my favorite band, but he's certainly not the best guitar player. A great one? Absolutely. But he's probably not even in the top 10 best guitar players (and that's hard for me to say, being such a big fan). Good pick though.
It is all about style and I needed Angus.

This board has awesome variety of musical tastes. Lots of surprises.

I am a guitar god afficionado and I LOVE Angus Young. Some humbuckers through a cranked Marshall with no pedals/effects....and a ton of heart. One of the real great ones imo I love him much more than any of the usual suspect shredders which will all probably be snapped up shortly. I love Angus Young he was on my short list for guitar. Would prefer him over any shredder (but he is no Jimi... nobody is).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Crap.

Now all my first choices are left, and whichever way I go is irreversible. Not only that but my favorite pick is the one where I am having a helluva time imagining what the rest of the band around him should look like. One moment.

Crap.

Now all my first choices are left, and whichever way I go is irreversible. Not only that but my favorite pick is the one where I am having a helluva time imagining what the rest of the band around him should look like. One moment.
Psst.... Vanilla Ice has not been picked yet...