Robert Woodard(G- league)

Depends on how long Barnes is out. Woodard is likely to get opportunities when Barnes is out, and little or no opportunities when Barnes is eating up the minutes.
If Barnes get healthy quick, then I agree. Let him get the full G league experience.
Look how easy it was to let Jeffries play when Barnes went out, and especially when GRIII went out. It didn’t take long to earn the coach’s trust. Same happened to JJ last year (until he developed a nagging knee problem). I’m so done with wins and losses and the hopes of becoming 1st round fodder for another team that’s going to the semi finals. I want to see all our young guys get lots of opportunities to develop into something of real value.
F tanking and F playing vets to squeeze out 3 more wins.
And there in lies the problem with Luke if it comes to that. Even when the last 2 bubble games meant NOTHING development still didn't take precedence.

And there in lies the problem with Luke if it comes to that. Even when the last 2 bubble games meant NOTHING development still didn't take precedence.
This was beyond the biggest joke of Walton's tenure. Absolutely nothing to play for and he's running out freaking core rotation players their normal minutes while Guy/James/Jeffries sit on the bench and come in during garbage. Could not have been a better time to just throw them to the wolves and get 30+ minutes in each game.

This was beyond the biggest joke of Walton's tenure. Absolutely nothing to play for and he's running out freaking core rotation players their normal minutes while Guy/James/Jeffries sit on the bench and come in during garbage. Could not have been a better time to just throw them to the wolves and get 30+ minutes in each game.
I like when they're down 30 and he waits until there's a minute left to bring James in. Then the teams spend 30 seconds of that minute dribbling out the clock.

Predraft DQJ measured out at 6'4" tall barefoot, with a 6'11.25" wingspan and weighed 215 lbs with the lowest body fat of any player at the combine (3.9%)

RW2 measured out at 6'5.5" barefoot with a 7'2" wingspan and was 230lbs.

Both have the makings of very solid 3&D guys and Woodard also looks like his rebounding will carry over which is a great thing for this Kings team.
On top of that, Jeffries has a 8’8” standing reach and Woodard has a 8’9.5” standing reach. Barnes only has a 8’6”.

I also saw an article back in 2015 that did an analysis of average measurements per position (https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...-draft-measurements-by-position-for-2015/amp/). It says that the average SF has a 6’10.9” wingspan and 8’8.2” standing reach. The 90th percentile SFs have a 7’2” wingspan and 8’11.5” standing reach. Keep in mind that this was back in 2015. I’d imagine that these have decreased with more teams going small.

Both Jeffries and Woodard have solid measurement profiles. No doubt about it.

On top of that, Jeffries has a 8’8” standing reach and Woodard has a 8’9.5” standing reach. Barnes only has a 8’6”.

I also saw an article back in 2015 that did an analysis of average measurements per position (https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansid...-draft-measurements-by-position-for-2015/amp/). It says that the average SF has a 6’10.9” wingspan and 8’8.2” standing reach. The 90th percentile SFs have a 7’2” wingspan and 8’11.5” standing reach. Keep in mind that this was back in 2015. I’d imagine that these have decreased with more teams going small.

Both Jeffries and Woodard have solid measurement profiles. No doubt about it.
Yeah, and they are good athletes and strong. Those sure are nice players to have but then again, the coach has to know how to use them right. The Kings have the tools to run modern NBA defense but 4 guards helping in the paint is apparently one of Waltons other 4D chess moves. And the dude is usually just moving his king around the board aimlessly from square to square after all is his other pieces have been wasted so he can push off the eventual checkmate and declare victory via the amount of time he lasted.

I don’t know what to make of Woodards sudden ability to handle the ball and take defenders off the bounce. I’m cautiously optimistic but it’s great he’s getting a chance to showcase some clear skill, which will make it tough on the coaches when he gets back to keep him from seeing the floor

dude12

Hall of Famer
In the Bee article today, I learned that the g league ends relatively early in March. It’s time soon to bring him back and play. Woodard, DQJ and Barnes if he’s here handle the forward spots along with Bagley floating between PF and Center.

Today in 34mins, Woodard scored 25pts (9/21 fg, 0/6 3s), 3asts & 10rbs.
Woodard is a high volume shooter at a low percentage. That kind of game isn’t going to translate to the NBA.

Woodards stats over 9 games are:
.442 FG%
.167 3 Pt%
.640 FT%

These aren’t stats that are going to earn him much time in the NBA unless he is a lights out defender.

Last edited:
Woodard is a high volume shooter at a low percentage. That kind of game isn’t going to translate to the NBA.

.442 FG%
.167 3 Pt%
.640 FT%

These aren’t stats that are going to earn him much time in the NBA unless he is a lights out defender.
yeh I think we are desperate for something to be positive about besides Ty. There is some nice tools there for sure though

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Strained his hammy and will be out and will be re-evaluated in a month.

hasn't played college ball in sometime, no summer league, no preseason, minimal training camp, garbage time NBA minutes and delayed G-League start where he goes from no playing time in the pros to 30 minutes in the G-League is basically a recipe for an injury for most rookies

Step one: Shut down mini Kawhi with a hamstring injury
Step two: shut down tall Chris Paul with his calf thing
Step three: Shut down good Russell Westbrook with whatever injury he had last week
Step four: Lose
Step five: draft clutch Grant Hill (Cade)
Step six: RING$$$$$
This is the way.

.442 FG%
.167 3 Pt%
.640 FT%

If he was playing like DQJ while only attempting wide open 3s and open straight line drives, I'd be concerned. But he looks like he's working on some skills that could really translate into something much better than what a standard 3&D player can do.

His shooting is a big concern though. He had one year where he shot well from 3 but he's shot poorly from there and the line every other year. If he can get that to acceptable levels, he has a shot as a rotational player. If he can do that plus bring a lot of those moves he's showing in his highlights to the NBA, he could be something much more than that. He has a lot to work on but at least he's showing signs of something.

If he was playing like DQJ while only attempting wide open 3s and open straight line drives, I'd be concerned. But he looks like he's working on some skills that could really translate into something much better than what a standard 3&D player can do.

His shooting is a big concern though. He had one year where he shot well from 3 but he's shot poorly from there and the line every other year. If he can get that to acceptable levels, he has a shot as a rotational player. If he can do that plus bring a lot of those moves he's showing in his highlights to the NBA, he could be something much more than that. He has a lot to work on but at least he's showing signs of something.
yeah I agree. But let’s not heap too many expectations on a kid that has a long way to go. His shooting is pretty problematic at this point and I would be happy if he became a productive role player as opposed to “ taking over for Barnes”.