Robert Woodard(G- league)

He's obviously legit. Would have loved to see him play with regular rotation guys on the Kings before he went to the G-league. Glad he's getting work in now though.

I hadn’t watched anything on him prior to the draft but enjoyed what I saw afterwards. Robert has the size and possibly skillset to cover a few positions. Looking forward to he and DQJ strengthening the bench.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I hadn’t watched anything on him prior to the draft but enjoyed what I saw afterwards. Robert has the size and possibly skillset to cover a few positions. Looking forward to he and DQJ strengthening the bench.
Size wise and athleticism wise these might be the answers short term. Both can play PF easily in todays game and with Barnes that's a lot of bulk at the combo F.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Woodard already has an NBA body it's now about fine tuning his skills and adding to it. very good to see the G-League back because he and Ramsey will only get better from it or they won't, it's on them.

Last edited:
Woodard is one I have a lot of hope for. I anticipate him making the most of this opportunity and am hopeful he becomes a regular rotation player for us when he is ready and we have some minutes to reward with.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Size wise and athleticism wise these might be the answers short term. Both can play PF easily in todays game and with Barnes that's a lot of bulk at the combo F.
and each of these guys has their own unique attributes that make them incredibly intriguing long term prospects with DQJ capable of defending guards in addition to stretch 4s and wings and Woodard having the physical measurables of a freak..

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice to see Woodard have a strong start in the G League. It just strengthens my view that he should have been spelling Barnes for spot minutes.

I'm concerned that Walton's tight rotations and heavy minutes for Fox, Barnes, Holmes etc is going to wear them out down the stretch.

I'm definitely much more curious to see how Ramsey plays tonight. He has a lot more work to do on his game than Woodard to be a contributor for the Kings but he also has the potential to be a scoring spark off the bench if he develops.

Nice to see Woodard have a strong start in the G League. It just strengthens my view that he should have been spelling Barnes for spot minutes.

I'm concerned that Walton's tight rotations and heavy minutes for Fox, Barnes, Holmes etc is going to wear them out down the stretch.

I'm definitely much more curious to see how Ramsey plays tonight. He has a lot more work to do on his game than Woodard to be a contributor for the Kings but he also has the potential to be a scoring spark off the bench if he develops.
There is a long break coming up. Plenty of time to rest.