[Game] Rising Stars - Friday, Feb.16 - 6 PT - TNT

Buddy looked slightly bummed that he didn't get the MVP (I dare say he really wanted it considering he was still playing some D at the end), but needless to say, great job guys!

As a side note, would love to add Markannen or Saric to the current mix of players we have. Think their versatility and ability to stretch the floor as bigs is far more valuable than whatever it is Willie gives us every other game.

I was lucky as I was Chanel surfing and found it in the first quarter. We showed really well. Give bogs a summer off and next year will turn out great.

As someone stated his passing was a highlight that they talked over and I hate to talk bad about a player who helped us out but Webber last night might explain his famous time out. Clueless!

We have 3 keepers and and with luck in the draft the coach hopefully know how to make use of them.

Kings fans needed this, although probably not enough of them saw it. ;)

The mere fact Bogs did in on the Lakers' home court just makes it soooooo much sweeter. I've got my DVR set to record it later this evening so I can enjoy it all over again, without the Laker hate clouding my vision.
I can't stand the lakers either.
My daughters school choir sings the national anthem at a kings game every year and of course this year it's the upcoming laker game. I'm sure there will be plenty of laker fans in attendance, Taunting and spouting out of their holes at kings fan.

Is it just me, or does the World domination of the USA team come as somewhat of a surprise and a signal that players from outside the country can play in the NBA? They currently account for 25% of the players in the league. That percentage is likely to increase.

Bogie displayed his range from the parking lot last night. He was having a great time out there and then showed record levels of humility after receiving the MVP award. He also impressed the Hell out of me when several members of the USA team tried their jive one on one dribbles, and he just stayed in front of their belly buttons, All of the shots missed. The man can play Ladies and Gentlemen. Great job by Buddy also.

Am I wrong to think that if joeger would just leave buddy in past his set 7 minute stint and just let the poor kid get into his groove maybe we would really have something special on our hands?

Bogie, I knew he had this kind of range. No more tailoring our kids to run joegers style. I wanna see this kind of play more during meaningful games. I hope this scrimmage was a giant slap across joegers face. The kids need time to feel their game out.
The Buddy Hield situation needs to change now.

What amuses me is that he can say Bogdan just fine but somehow Bogdanovic is too much :D
In all honesty, "Bogdanovic" is slightly more difficult to pronounce than is "Bogdan", but I do see your point. And I do agree with it. Maybe every play-by-play guy (or gal) out there, in any sport, should be required to go through a pre-season boot camp, if I may, where they learn to pronounce every single name they may ever come across that season/year. Just a thought...

In all honesty, "Bogdanovic" is slightly more difficult to pronounce than is "Bogdan", but I do see your point. And I do agree with it. Maybe every play-by-play guy (or gal) out there, in any sport, should be required to go through a pre-season boot camp, if I may, where they learn to pronounce every single name they may ever come across that season/year. Just a thought...
It’s called preparation. Something most people take seriously in their line of work. If you’re calling the game and doing a presentation it’s not too hard to learn the 30 names of the guys in the game. Especially if they are from the team you represented and where your jersey hangs in the rafters.

The man even called Brad Stevens “Stevenson”.

Why he still is employed by TNT is amazing.

Hield getting less minutes than Temple and a 40 year old Vince is a mother ****ing crime.
Grant keeps saying that he's sure this will change after the all star break. Joeger is a stubborn mule. Joeger does what joeger does. He loves zbo and for some reason buddy's minutes are going down. I know this was just a pick up game but buddy and bogdon showed what they can do when in a nice groove.
If the kings started winning games with fox freewheeling and bogs and buddy launching I'd be a-ok with it.

Am I wrong to think that if joeger would just leave buddy in past his set 7 minute stint and just let the poor kid get into his groove maybe we would really have something special on our hands?

Bogie, I knew he had this kind of range. No more tailoring our kids to run joegers style. I wanna see this kind of play more during meaningful games. I hope this scrimmage was a giant slap across joegers face. The kids need time to feel their game out.
What do define as special?!

Buddy does not have the skill set to be special in true sense of the word. At best, he can be an instant offense type of guy off the bench for a very good team. His jump shot will keep him in the league for a long time but there is more to basketball than just a jumpshot.

Buddy has so many holes in his game that people seem to ignore because they can see him go on a hot streak and they think he could be special. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that was. Ball handling, passing, creating, defense are all very important parts of basketball too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22470082/grading-rising-stars-challenge-rosters

Had to post this.... so funny. Such a Bogdan thing as he is so ****ing competitive and hates to lose... poor Fox couldn’t score because Bogdan was actually playing defense on him. Lol

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Kings (Serbia)
Guard | Grade: B

Game stats
26 PTS | 6 AST | 7-13 3-PT FG

Analysis
From a performance standpoint, Bogdanovic won MVP honors by knocking down seven 3-pointers en route to 26 points and six assists. However, Bogdanovic didn't seem to get the idea of an all-star game. He stopped a fast break by committing a Eurofoul -- infuriating enough even when the game counts -- and was booed by the crowd when he tried to dribble out the clock before being stripped by Donovan Mitchell. This grade considers both basketball and entertainment.

Wish I didn't watch the kobe/shaq interview.

Inevitably they got to the kings/lakers series.
Kobe:
"Remember that series against the queens?"

Kobe said he's been meaning to ask vlade why he knocked the ball straight out. "why didn't he knock it up and out? That was almost just a bounce pass."

Shaq also said that he got rid of that rebound as quick as he could because he was really afraid of hack a shaq. Then as the horry went in he said he was like, whew. He couldn't believe they won.

Shaq said the thing he will always remember about that series was as the team got to the arena for game 7 kings fans were lined up outside mooning the lakers bus. He said as they left arco after the win the lakers dropped their pants and pressed naked butts against the windows for the kings fans.

Then shaq said that as the national anthem was going on for game 7 at arco he was looking at the kings. Vlade met shaq's eyes once and then he looked down. Then he looked at peja and he was staring straight down. He said he knew they were gonna win right then and there. Kobe added that they could have won that game 7 anywhere. He said the cowbells and horns and everything made that game that much better. It made him play better.

Last edited:
Wish I didn't watch the kobe/shaq interview.

Inevitably they got to the kings/lakers series.
Kobe:
"Remember that series against the queens?"

Kobe said he's been meaning to ask vlade why he knocked the ball straight out. "why didn't he knock it up and out? That was almost just a bounce pass."

Shaq also said that he got rid of that rebound as quick as he could because he was really afraid of hack a shaq. Then as the horry went in he said he was like, whew. He couldn't believe they won.

Then shaq said that as the national anthem was going on for game 7 at arco he was looking at the kings. Vlade met shaq's eyes once and then he looked down. Then he looked at peja and he was staring straight down. He said he knew they were gonna win right then and there.

Shaq said the thing he will always remember about that series was as the team got to the arena for game 7 kings fans were lined up outside mooning the lakers bus. He said as they left arco after the win the lakers dropped their pants and pressed naked butts against the windows for the kings fans.

ugh. that ending sequence in game 4 is etched in my mind. the whole damn series is just so damn painful....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Seriously? You're gonna argue about how a letter is pronounced? smdh

I'm gonna get back to talking about the All-Star events. Yawn.

Hopefully Buddy will do us proud in the 3-point shootout.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wasn’t he in the Skills challenge? Lost to Dinwiddie because he missed his first three. Have to think Bogdan would have won it if he was given a chance.
Yep. That's why I said yawn. ;) I liked the skills challenge better when it was timed.

EDIT: Ah, I see your confusion. I was being sarcastic but it doesn't look that way. Oops.

Last edited:
Grant keeps saying that he's sure this will change after the all star break. Joeger is a stubborn mule. Joeger does what joeger does. He loves zbo and for some reason buddy's minutes are going down. I know this was just a pick up game but buddy and bogdon showed what they can do when in a nice groove.
If the kings started winning games with fox freewheeling and bogs and buddy launching I'd be a-ok with it.
I just tell myself Buddy is too good, Joerger knows it, and by next season, rotations will be a whole lot different. Joerger may be stubborn ( or not ) but he is not dumb.

Either way, makes one feel better to think this way for now becasue, it IS possible the above is true. We don't know.

I can't get too bent with the mispronunciation of Bogdanovic. I still hear people mispronounce Nowitki's name and phonetically call him Nowitskee rather than Novitskee. (I think I heard Paul Pierce do that just recently). It seemed like it took it decade for most announcers to finally understand that the germans pronounce the w as a v. If it took that long for them to get a HOFer's name right, I'm not holding my breath on Bogs.
Hell they even spelled Dirk's name wrong on his jersey a few games back. Like really? 19 years man lol.

He stopped a fast break by committing a Eurofoul -- infuriating enough even when the game counts -- and was booed by the crowd when he tried to dribble out the clock before being stripped by Donovan Mitchell.

This is my guy.:cool:
Same reason I would never shadow box with people. I am either at peace or at war, no pretend fighting haha.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: The discussion of proper pronunciation of Nowitzki ;) has been moved to the Lounge, per user request.

Last night I watched some of the video of the Kings victory against Cleveland. The starting five was interesting: Hill, Richardson, Randolph, Mason, Temple. Vince had the remarkable game off the bench, but it was really Bogdan that had his coming out party. Willie also had one of his best games in a Kings uniform. It was very intersting to watch Bogdan matched up with LeBron. Bogey is a really good defender, and a great passer. The Kings have really sorted out a lot of their talent since the beginning of the season. If Buddy can challenge for MVP at the Rising Stars challenge you would think he could get more minutes from a basement dwelling team. Fox did not show well on Fri night but I am willing to bet he becomes a dominant player. Jackson has moved forward a lot. The Kings are pretty solid from 1-3.