Richaun to miss rest of the ('21-'22) season

Probably for the best. I thought he had a great game vs Milwaukee, but it's been pretty clear he just hasn't been the same the last few months. Hope he can take the time to reset his mental health and just grieve properly for his cousin.

I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion Holmes will be traded in the off-season. They aren’t going to get a wing for him and they aren’t going to give him away for peanuts.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
"I’m not convicting Richaun Holmes ahead of his court date. It does, however, appear that the Kings were focused on covering up a serious situation involving allegations of domestic violence by one of their players."

I mean, what the hell were they supposed to do? Put out a press release condemning him before the whole situation even goes to court?

I went through a custody evaluation and then went through a false DHS report and was cleared. I don't have a lot of faith in these systems to be honest, but I believe they should be allowed to run their course. An article that reports on it is fine but to then have it turn into an "I believe the mom" and pile on with a bunch of statistics is unacceptable.

I went through a custody evaluation and then went through a false DHS report and was cleared. I don't have a lot of faith in these systems to be honest, but I believe they should be allowed to run their course. An article that reports on it is fine but to then have it turn into an "I believe the mom" and pile on with a bunch of statistics is unacceptable.
Just read it. Absolutely horrible. "I'm not convicting Richaun Holmes ahead of his court date. It does, however appear that the Kings were focused on covering up a serious situation involving allegations of domestic violence by one of their players." Maybe because allegations in today's age are more or less convictions in the eyes of the public? And Holmes name should not be tarnished if these allegations are untrue?

And then she goes on to right a hit piece that Holmes did it. Absolute nonsense to have breaking news within an opinion piece.

That said, we have no idea what's true or not. That's what the courts are here to determine.

The Kings were covering it up by not proactively telling the public that Holmes was accused of domestic violence? What sort of twisted logic is that?

The vast majority of us (I would hope all of us) have zero tolerance for child abusers and wife beaters and think they should be punished to the full extent of the law, but when did the concept of due process go out the window entirely?

It's terrible since my MLS club very actively covered up multiple sexual abuse and DV situations and I have stopped following the team and this is very clearly something much different happening here.

About 8 years ago I was subletting a satellite office in a building with some attorneys, one of the guys was a divorce attorney. He walks into my office and says you are on my witness list for an upcoming case. I said "no I'm not" He looked confused, "I said you will have to subpoena me." that was before finding out who listed me, once I found out I was even more like "HELL NO" im not getting in the middle of their crap.

Poor kids is all I have to say.