Remember me?

I'm an old timer and I'm sure many of you might not know me, but for those that do I have some information on my life I thought might be interesting and figured I'd pass it on. Yesterday I was accepted to the Army Officer Canidate School and today I swore in to active duty. I leave for boot camp on the 27th of this month. It's something I've wanted and needed to do for a long time and I'm glad I finally get the chance to do it.

So, for those I know, I might not be around as often as I once was but I enjoyed all the times I spent here. Okay, maybe not all the times I spent here but most of the times. And anchoring the KF basketball team was a personal highlight.
Congratulations or should I say HOOAH! That's quite an accomplishment. Where are you going for training? My grandson is stationed at Fort Bragg getting ready for deployment after the first of the year.

Ryan

I like turtles
Great to hear from you, J. Please consume as many pork tenderloin's while still in Iowa.

You'd be pleased to know I get chuckle every time I see a trailer for the next Fast And Furious movie. Your once bold prediction that there would be 12 is seemingly coming true.

Congratulations or should I say HOOAH! That's quite an accomplishment. Where are you going for training? My grandson is stationed at Fort Bragg getting ready for deployment after the first of the year.
I "went" to Benning for training. That was an old post you quotes. I've been stationed and deployed out of Bragg myself, he will be in good company I am sure.

Great to hear from you, J. Please consume as many pork tenderloin's while still in Iowa.

You'd be pleased to know I get chuckle every time I see a trailer for the next Fast And Furious movie. Your once bold prediction that there would be 12 is seemingly coming true.
Out of Iowa, I would recommend a stop at Whitey's over the pork.

Fast and Furious is the last true movie star.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Good to see you, JSin! Looks like you have had a busy life. As I am getting older, mine is slowing down. Congrats on all your promotions and especially on your marriage and the birth of your son. How old is he now? If I can swing it, gonna retire to Maui in a few short years. Been a long time since I enjoyed watching you anchor our Kingsfans.com basketball team.

Good to see you, JSin! Looks like you have had a busy life. As I am getting older, mine is slowing down. Congrats on all your promotions and especially on your marriage and the birth of your son. How old is he now? If I can swing it, gonna retire to Maui in a few short years. Been a long time since I enjoyed watching you anchor our Kingsfans.com basketball team.
My son turns 1 on veteran's day (figure that). I have no complaints about Hawaii, highly recommended. Anchoring the KF basketball team was a blast, has it every happened since?

Family serves just like active duty military bread winner. As USAF-brat my younger sister and I lived overseas as much as inside USA growing up. Grade School in Turkey (Incirlik Airbase), Middle School in Portugal (Lajes Field, Azores), High School in Philippines (Clark Air Force Base) plus several USAF bases stateside, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, California. It was incredible education exposed to so many different backgrounds, cultures, geography, histories, seeing large parts of Western Europe, Middle East, East Asia. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything and mom loved worldwide tour too. JSin's kids surely to feel same way learning so much along the way hopefully in Europe, possibly far beyond. Congrats on the promotion. Carry on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
5 year update... if anyone remains. Hawaii, promotion, Kansas, now Washington... life keeps rolling along. Hopefully, me and the family (son and daughter now) will be headed over to Europe this coming summer.
Congratulations on the promotion, the kids and the duty station. And thank you for your service.

Middle School in Portugal (Lajes Field, Azores)
Small world, that's where I was born... I appreciate the kind words, with children it is always a debate about which would be better; the stability of growing up close to home and family versus the exposure of living and learning about the world and its people/cultures. Your words grow my confidence in the choice we've made for our little ones.

JSin: And after all the global travel as USAF dependent growing up, it never really stopped. After graduating college international travel bug had bitten, continuing to range far and wide as much as possible. Now over 35 countries across 5 continents (plus 32 states) and continue to have bucket list! Still, it is true growing up a lot overseas left me and my sister with less of a hometown feel or strong local ties, fewer life-long friends as would be the case otherwise. But for me incredible worldwide adventure priceless. No regrets at all, just fond memories and more exciting memories to make.

Last edited: