Rank the players

As they are today

Tier 1
Fox, Bogi, Buddy
Our guards carry this team. Bogi does it all. They are our top 3 scorers. If you are doing today not sure how you can’t have these three in your top 3.

Tier 2
WCS, Bjelicia, Shumpert
These three often determine if we win or lose with their play. If they play well we win. If they play poorly we lose. May or may not be in long term core but key to this season

Tier 3
Bagley, Giles
These two have the potential to completely change the script the second half. With amazing talent in different ways, the two of them will drive the team forward

Tier 4
Yogi, Jackson,
Two guys that will be rotation guys in the future

Tier 5
Koufos, Ben, Skal, Mason
These guys most likely not in long term plan but could move up to tier 4

Tier 6
ZBo. Likely a coach next year

Here's my tier showing the value of Kings players for our future:

Tier 1:
1. Fox
2. Bagley

Tier 2:
3. Buddy
4. WCS
5. Bogdanovic

Tier 3:
6. Giles

Tier 4:
7. Jackson
8. Ferrell

The future of our team is so dependent on Fox or Bagley becoming a franchise player, legitimate all-NBA players and at minimum, all-stars. They have all the potential in the world to reach their ceiling, but it's the matter of "if". Bagley will turn 20 in March, and Fox just turned 21. Extremely young.

For tier 2, it's the starters or main supporting cast. All of them are much older than our tier 1 player, spanning 4-5 years cause a discrepancy if you're talking about building a dynasty(not to get ahead of ourselves), but they prove to be valuable pieces for this franchise whether it be from their performance or as assets. Yes, I also have WCS here because he plays an integral part of our team now and he could be so much more as a great athletic pairing with Bagley, but like everyone else on the team, can he reach that point? Buddy and Bogdan are already showing us how good they can be.

For tier 3, it's just Giles. I don't think the success on our team depends on him much. He has good potential, but we've only seen flashes in small spurts. For all the good we've seen, we've seen an equal amount of bad. However, we have enough players in tier 1 or 2 that our entire success would not make or break the future of our team. Giles is like betting red or black on a roulette table.

Tier 4 is for interchangable role players. JJ doesn't have a high ceiling. His archetype doesn't offer much to this team unless he can show consistency. Even then, role players are found all over the NBA. If he can reach his potential, he could be a solid 3&D SF. Yogi is more of a combo-guard/undersized SG. His physical limitations hamper him to be anything more than a bench player.

I don't think anyone else has much value to this team moving forward. Bjelica is already 30 and we've seen at up and down performance from him. Shumpert is an inconsistent 28yearold bench player. He doesn't have much value for the future of our team. KK is the same story. Guys like Skal, Williams, Ben, etc. don't have any real value for this team

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I wonder if everybody is getting to watch a LOT of Giles. He looks so good. Like, I know he is a foul machine and can goof-up now and then, but to me he looks practically bust-proof barring injury, with Kevin Garnett upside. I think a lot of Kings fans are sleeping on him.
I’m shocked that with the amount he’s shown while playing so little real competitive basketball the last THREE YEARS (!) that people have him below untouchable. Lol

His offensive instincts are a special trait that normal players just don’t have and will never ever learn. He has “IT”. Plus how quickly he’s figured out defense? Mah goodness.

The only thing holding him back from superstardom are those knees.

I'm excited about Giles just like everyone else, but this talk about his potential for superstardom, let alone stardom is crazy premature to me lol.

He's been good lately, but I'm not gonna look at his last game of 4 points and 5 rebounds and say "Yep, that right there is a future star".
I know a box score doesn't tell the whole tale, and his potential is intriguing for sure, but not Bagley-like intriguing to me.

That said, every fan base tends to overvalue their own players, especially if they're homegrown. I'm just as guilty of getting caught up in the hype train as everyone else. I wouldn't want to trade Giles at all, but he's not completely invincible at the right cost. Those knees still scare me.

I remember a while back when Skal had a string of great games, there were some people saying he was going to be the next great star. It seemed legit back then (he was pretty much the only ray of hope), but obviously looks ridiculous now. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective.

I wouldn't be opposed to Giles roaring out of the gates tonight, serving up a monster double double and a huge platter of crow.

I'm excited about Giles just like everyone else, but this talk about his potential for superstardom, let alone stardom is crazy premature to me lol.

He's been good lately, but I'm not gonna look at his last game of 4 points and 5 rebounds and say "Yep, that right there is a future star".
I know a box score doesn't tell the whole tale, and his potential is intriguing for sure, but not Bagley-like intriguing to me.

That said, every fan base tends to overvalue their own players, especially if they're homegrown. I'm just as guilty of getting caught up in the hype train as everyone else. I wouldn't want to trade Giles at all, but he's not completely invincible at the right cost. Those knees still scare me.

I remember a while back when Skal had a string of great games, there were some people saying he was going to be the next great star. It seemed legit back then (he was pretty much the only ray of hope), but obviously looks ridiculous now. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective.

I wouldn't be opposed to Giles roaring out of the gates tonight, serving up a monster double double and a huge platter of crow.

Yes I hear you and I realize my hype for Giles seems crazy. HOWEVER, just couple things: when Skal had good games it was because he was hitting shots, including contested midrange jumpers. Giles has barely even added that to his game. His game is extremely well rounded and his #1 skill, his passing, appears to me to be a potential all time great level skill. He'll be a better passer than Vlade and Webb, and arguable is better than them at their primes (in passing) RIGHT NOW. That's just insane. His other positives are not obvious right now, and of course he might not work out... but that seems less and less likely. Keep in mind that Giles was the consensus #1 overall pick, if not for the knee injuries. That's it. Our gamble on Giles was always just an injury related one. The talent was never in dispute. I'm completely comfortable of thinking of him as a #1 overall pick that fell into our laps due to circumstances. I'm not a doctor, but I almost zero trace of the previous injuries, and I have full faith in the Kings medical staff that they have brought him along right. I think they are really focusing on the mental aspect of the recovery, which is great to see. Remember he hasn't played consistent high level basketball (before this recent stretch of games) in basically two years. So, when I seem him doing well early it tells me a few things: 1. the physically injury doesn't appear to hamper hims and 2. not only is is mental game not affected, but it may actually have been a blessing that made him mentally stronger... in fact that is what he says. Given those two things, I feel we have a #1 overall pick, talent wise, and I see nothing on the court that puts me off that opinion... and we are STILL being cautious with him. Giles going on to be a franchise or near franchise level guy was always the long term upside.

Here's what I've learned in this thread: we have a lot of really good players.
Ahh, remember when fans use to argue with eachother about which bad player was less bad for the team? It was just 2 seasons ago where we had debates about Arron Afflalo vs. Ben McLemore. (still like you Ben)

Yes I hear you and I realize my hype for Giles seems crazy. HOWEVER, just couple things: when Skal had good games it was because he was hitting shots, including contested midrange jumpers. Giles has barely even added that to his game. His game is extremely well rounded and his #1 skill, his passing, appears to me to be a potential all time great level skill. He'll be a better passer than Vlade and Webb, and arguable is better than them at their primes (in passing) RIGHT NOW. That's just insane. His other positives are not obvious right now, and of course he might not work out... but that seems less and less likely. Keep in mind that Giles was the consensus #1 overall pick, if not for the knee injuries. That's it. Our gamble on Giles was always just an injury related one. The talent was never in dispute. I'm completely comfortable of thinking of him as a #1 overall pick that fell into our laps due to circumstances. I'm not a doctor, but I almost zero trace of the previous injuries, and I have full faith in the Kings medical staff that they have brought him along right. I think they are really focusing on the mental aspect of the recovery, which is great to see. Remember he hasn't played consistent high level basketball (before this recent stretch of games) in basically two years. So, when I seem him doing well early it tells me a few things: 1. the physically injury doesn't appear to hamper hims and 2. not only is is mental game not affected, but it may actually have been a blessing that made him mentally stronger... in fact that is what he says. Given those two things, I feel we have a #1 overall pick, talent wise, and I see nothing on the court that puts me off that opinion... and we are STILL being cautious with him. Giles going on to be a franchise or near franchise level guy was always the long term upside.
I tend to be lower on all of our players because I have a much more realistic outlook...one might mistake that for pessimism though. With young players, we've been burned by way too many who show "potential" but don't even end up half as good as they can be. Giles is a bit different than others because of his passing ability, but he needs to show me more before I can genuinely get excited about him and see him anywhere near an untouchable. Yes a passing big man is special, but what else can he do? Passing ability alone doesn't warrant a "special" label. People love to compare Giles to Jokic, so let's do it. Jokic has legitimate PG vision averaging 7.5apg. But that's not the sole reason why he's a special player. He's also averaging 19.7pts 10.2rebs 1.4stls ALONG WITH 7.5asts on 50.6/32.5/83.7. It's Jokic's entire package that makes him an MVP candidate. He's been playing at a high level in the NBA since he was 21 yearsold.

Passing ability for Harry Giles is a good sign, but what else does he bring to the table? What other positive asset does he have? This is why I have Harry as a project player. I do have legitimate concerns about Harry's game in the future, but I don't want to bombard this thread with Harry talk. So maybe we can move it over to his thread? Don't take it the wrong way, I am high on him, but I don't see him as an untouchable. I don't think our organization's success is Harry or bust. Our success depends much more on other players than it does Harry imo.

Ahh, remember when fans use to argue with eachother about which bad player was less bad for the team? It was just 2 seasons ago where we had debates about Arron Afflalo vs. Ben McLemore. (still like you Ben)

I tend to be lower on all of our players because I have a much more realistic outlook...one might mistake that for pessimism though. With young players, we've been burned by way too many who show "potential" but don't even end up half as good as they can be. Giles is a bit different than others because of his passing ability, but he needs to show me more before I can genuinely get excited about him and see him anywhere near an untouchable. Yes a passing big man is special, but what else can he do? Passing ability alone doesn't warrant a "special" label. People love to compare Giles to Jokic, so let's do it. Jokic has legitimate PG vision averaging 7.5apg. But that's not the sole reason why he's a special player. He's also averaging 19.7pts 10.2rebs 1.4stls ALONG WITH 7.5asts on 50.6/32.5/83.7. It's Jokic's entire package that makes him an MVP candidate. He's been playing at a high level in the NBA since he was 21 yearsold.

Passing ability for Harry Giles is a good sign, but what else does he bring to the table? What other positive asset does he have? This is why I have Harry as a project player. I do have legitimate concerns about Harry's game in the future, but I don't want to bombard this thread with Harry talk. So maybe we can move it over to his thread? Don't take it the wrong way, I am high on him, but I don't see him as an untouchable. I don't think our organization's success is Harry or bust. Our success depends much more on other players than it does Harry imo.
This is an accurate take. To add that, Jokic is doing it against opposing starters (many of them elite defenders) as a focal point of offense.

Let's see if Giles can still pass if he has +7' of wingspan draping all over him.

This is an accurate take. To add that, Jokic is doing it against opposing starters (many of them elite defenders) as a focal point of offense.

Let's see if Giles can still pass if he has +7' of wingspan draping all over him.
Fair. I will note... that the SECOND he was double teamed by the Hornets he passed out of it and found the open guy who promptly hit the open shot. So we haven't seen him beat double teams consistently, but we do know he possesses, at an elite level, in his rookie year, at age 19, without having played for two years, the #1 trait for a big man that beats double teams: passing.

Fair. I will note... that the SECOND he was double teamed by the Hornets he passed out of it and found the open guy who promptly hit the open shot. So we haven't seen him beat double teams consistently, but we do know he possesses, at an elite level, in his rookie year, at age 19, without having played for two years, the #1 trait for a big man that beats double teams: passing.
I already took his passing into my ranking. He has very high basketball IQ with a lot of skills. That is why he is in my second tier.

For a big man to be a franchise cornerstone, he has to be an efficient finisher with high usage. In my opinion, Giles is a facilitator/opportunistic scorer. He has good touch on his shots but he just does not have the insane athleticism of Bagley. Plus, Giles does not have that wide shoulders to carve out space or length to shoot over big guys.

In theory Giles/Bayley is a good pairing as Giles facilitates and Bagley finishes. They should be our future front court. Should work well on offense. Not sure about defense as neither guy is big or long.

As they are today

Tier 1
Fox, Bogi, Buddy
Our guards carry this team. Bogi does it all. They are our top 3 scorers. If you are doing today not sure how you can’t have these three in your top 3.

Tier 2
WCS, Bjelicia, Shumpert
These three often determine if we win or lose with their play. If they play well we win. If they play poorly we lose. May or may not be in long term core but key to this season

Tier 3
Bagley, Giles
These two have the potential to completely change the script the second half. With amazing talent in different ways, the two of them will drive the team forward

Tier 4
Yogi, Jackson,
Two guys that will be rotation guys in the future

Tier 5
Koufos, Ben, Skal, Mason
These guys most likely not in long term plan but could move up to tier 4

Tier 6
ZBo. Likely a coach next year
I can't believe my tiers are not necessary. Just copy/paste from you. The only difference is that I would probably put Kosta in tier 4 despite his current strugling. And of course it applies for this season. The future impact and importance is quite different discussion, but it looks like the majority of postrers are making tiers from that point of view. I don't want to discuss the future, because there are too many unknowns.

Last edited:
Having League Pass allows me to occasionally watch the other team’s broadcast and it’s interesting to get their relatively unbiased perspective on the Kings. The Kings have earned a lot of respect this year. They are sometimes referred to as “these are not your father’s Kings anymore” or something along the lines of that. Thoughts on their perspective:
  • They are generally amazed by Fox and pretty much go “ga-ga” over him.
  • They recognize Buddy as an elite shooter.
  • They have good things to say about Bogi, but probably aren’t as high on him as most Kings fans, (but Bogi brings a lot of subtle things with his all-around game that may not be appreciated as much when you do not watch him play regularly).
  • Unlike a very outspoken subset of the Kings online fans, they have good things to say about WCS for the most part with about the only negative being his FT shooting.
  • They are impressed with Bagley and think he has a lot of potential, but many still question passing on Doncic.
  • Same impression for Giles as Bagley, but with a shorter sample size, they are just starting to see Giles play. Again, high potential, but in Giles case, they question whether his knees will hold up.
  • They are not generally as enthusiastic (overly enthusiastic?) as Grant and Doug are about either Bagley or Giles play, not to say they are down on them, they just aren’t “amazed” like Grant and Doug, but they are certainly amazed by Fox, so I don’t think that is necessarily a homer thing on their part.
  • The rest of the Kings players are for the most part kind of invisible to them, they may comment on Bjelica’s high 3-point percentage, Shump’s defense, or even Jackson’s college career and potential, but that’s about it.
  • They recognize the job Joerger and his staff have done with the young players.
Sometimes, I think Grant and Doug, with Grant in particular, feel they have a mandate to hype certain players and influence Kings fans maybe to sell tickets or to justify the front office decisions, I don’t know, just a feeling. I do think too much hype by the team media and social media is not good, especially for young players, it can raise the fans expectations to unrealistic levels and then when the players fail short of those expectations can do more harm than good.

I think that after Harry had a good summer league, he was way over hyped, going to start right away, going to be ROY, etc. and he had played almost no games competitively in around 3 years. Then when he got into the real NBA it was quite a shock to him when he couldn’t produce, couldn’t even stay on the court and then saw his playing time drastically reduced with DNPs, etc. I think it destroyed his confidence. He is only now starting to adjust and show his true potential.

Bagley had the good fortune to have a less than stellar performance in the summer league and also suffered an injury. So, the hype was not as great for him coming into the season and possibly because of all the Luka drama, there was even quite a bit of unwarranted criticism on social media before he even played an NBA game. It may have humbled him a little bit, which isn’t a bad thing. He has shown steady progress and become an integral part of the Kings rotation.

However, I am concerned that the hype machine is starting up again for both players. Some fans act like they have already arrived and are already the next big thing. Bagley has been good all season and has steadily improved. Giles has just started to show what he can do. Both players have a lot of potential, but both have a long way to go. Player development is measured in years, not weeks. With extremely young players like one-and-dones, it takes years to even see what kind of player they will grow into. They have a lot of physical growing to do yet.

Anyway, that’s my rant for the day. As for player ranking, from a where do they fit into the Kings future perspective and based on my own humble opinion plus what I have absorbed from watching other broadcasts and from other non-King related sources:
  • Tier 1 (Pretty much untradeable, future of the franchise)
    • Fox -- Future Franchise player. Outstanding offensive PG, scorer and playmaker. Superb defender, but, needs to work on defensive consistency. He’s already surpassed his “floor” and is well on his way to becoming that franchise player.

• Tier 2 (Core players who meld extremely well with the “franchise player”, trade at your own risk)
    • Buddy-- Elite shooter. Dogged defender but still gets lost too much. Has improved his ball handling but still needs work. Tighten up his defense and ball handling and he becomes an elite player approaching tier 1.
    • Bogdanovic-- Really good all-around player. Not an elite shooter, but an excellent shooter, clutch shooter. High BBIQ player, very good playmaker. Not a great defender, but adequate. May be close to his ceiling already. A “glue guy”.

• Tier 3 (Players with high potential, but not established yet. If they reach that potential, they will become Tier 2 Core players possibly even approaching Tier 1. Any or all of these players could become Tier 2 Core players)
    • Bagley-- Sky’s the limit. Probably most suited to PF with some time at Center, but the question is as his body and game matures could he possibly play SF or will he bulk up and play Center more. Of all the Tier 3 players he is probably the closest to untradeable, Kings really need a couple of years to see what they have.
    • Giles-- Similar to Bagley, but questions about his knees, can they take the stress of the long NBA season? I remember Bill Walton’s knees. Like Bagley, probably most suited to PF with some Center, but may be over matched by some of the bulkier centers. Needs to cut down on fouling and make better shot selection, sometimes forces too much on offense.
    • WCS-- Actually, with this team’s current construction and development a Tier 2 player, this season. Kings would not be where they are this season without WCS contributions. However, to actually become a full-fledged Tier 2 player he needs to provide more consistency with rebounding and defense. Offensively, needs to work on touch around basket and FT shooting. Elite athleticism, but, needs to continue working on improving mental aspect of game. Has shown improvement every season and has provided more consistency this year. Not nearly as bad as his detractors claim, not nearly as good as he could be. Physical limitations, stamina and recovery time may be impacted by sickle-cell trait.
    • Jackson-- Has good size and reach to play the SF, but lacks overall strength to guard tougher, bigger SF. Needs to bulk up more. For the most part shows good BBIQ, rarely turns the ball over. Can be a good spot up 3-point shooter, but, lacks consistency. Has a nice floater in the lane. Even if he reaches his full potential, may be best suited as a solid bench rotational player.

• Tier 4 (Key pieces on the current team, Bjelica and Shumpert should be considered part of this season’s Tier 2 core. Mature, veterans, but not “old” players. Probably already reached their ceilings, what you see is what you get. Could be part of near future, probably not long term.)
    • Bjelica-- Excellent 3-point shooter, really helps spread the floor. At times, a surprisingly good rebounder, especially on the offensive end. With the right matchups, a decent defender, blocks quite a few shots.
    • Shumpert-- Great teammate, leader in the locker room and on the floor. Provides that veteran presence. Scrappy dogged defender, really a shooting guard pressed into service as a small forward. Over matched at times by bigger SF (but who isn’t?). Inconsistent offense, streaky 3-point shooter, continues to shoot when he is off.
    • Ferrell-- As a backup to Fox, Ferrell has shown the ability to run the team at Joerger’s pace. Has also shown the ability to hit the 3-pointer. An adequate backup to Fox, generally exercises good judgement. Provides scrappy defense.

• Tier 5 (Unlikely to be part of the Kings future)
    • Koufus-- Pains me to put Koufus here. I thought at one time, he might provide an adequate backup for the Kings against more beefy centers for the near future. But sadly, his game has regressed, probably in part due to the pace the Kings play. I think with the right team he can still provide some reliable depth at center. Expiring contract, may be a good trade chip.
    • McLemore-- What can you say about Ben? Good guy, good teammate. His expiring contract may provide some value as a trade chip.
    • Mason-- Don’t know what to think about Mason. Undersized, very quick, a bulldog, but poor BBIQ. Just continues to show poor judgement. Haven’t totally given up on him, but right now, don’t see him as part of the future. Not sure how much trade value he has.
    • Randolph-- The forgotten man. Loved watching his “old man” game last year, although it did grow tiresome. Expiring contract may provide some value as a trade chip.
    • Skal-- All that potential. Beautiful jump shot out to 3-point range. Just never could get a grasp of the team concept, not a selfish player, just a lost player on both ends of the court. Hard worker, really bulked up in the off-season, but unfortunately, with the Kings glut at the power positions, no opportunity for him to play. His time with the Kings may have passed. I wish someone would make the Kings an offer and he would get a chance at a fresh start. He might excel, yet.

• Tier 6 (Two-Way Players, unknown future)
    • Williams-- High energy, shows some promise, but still plays out of control a lot.
    • Gabriel-- Intriguing player. Haven’t seen him play much as a pro. But from watching him at UK, very energetic, long and athletic. Can hit the 3. Depends on how he develops in the G-League, may have some future value. Another PF, could he possibly play some SF?

I can't believe my tiers are not necessary. Just copy/paste from you. The only difference is that I would probably put Kosta in tier 4 despite his current strugling. And of course it applies for this season. The future impact and importance is quite different discussion, but it looks like the majority of postrers are making tiers from that point of view. I don't want to discuss the future, because there are to many unknowns.
Yeah I debated where to put Kosta.

• They are not generally as enthusiastic (overly enthusiastic?) as Grant and Doug are about either Bagley or Giles play, not to say they are down on them, they just aren’t “amazed” like Grant and Doug, but they are certainly amazed by Fox, so I don’t think that is necessarily a homer thing on their part.
Why would they be? They don't watch the Kings. Giles was a guy who hasn't played competitively at a high level for 3 seasons and Bagley is the guy that we inexplicably picked over Doncic, LOLKANGZ.

They didn't see Fox 82 games last year, they don't see how when they are on the court together they amplify each other (we had one game in summer league that showed a glimpse of the future). They probably haven't charted Buddy's growth over the two seasons he's had with Joerger, or paid attention to the leaps that Bagley has made over 3 months or that Giles has shown over the last 3 weeks.

The most important thing however in ranking these players, is that we pretty much have a full squad in everybody's top 2-3 tiers, and then we're very quietly developing our own 3 and D specialist in Jackson. Nobody is stepping on anybody's toes, we aren't looking to trade last years lotto pick to acquiesce to this year's budding superstar, etc. etc.

This has all happened under everybody's noses and radars. We were predicted to win <25 games this season and are staring that mark in the face right now. Unquestionably we will see a 10+ improvement over last season. Hell we're talking playoffs in a stacked West. I don't know if we'll make it and if we don't it shouldn't be held as a failure. That would be moving the goal posts to another stadium.

If the Kings keep their current trajectory and neither is traded, I don't think it would be unrealistic to see Bagley and Giles make multiple all-star appearances in the future. It will be harder for Fox to make it as a guard even if he winds up the best of all 3.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can't believe my tiers are not necessary. Just copy/paste from you. The only difference is that I would probably put Kosta in tier 4 despite his current strugling. And of course it applies for this season. The future impact and importance is quite different discussion, but it looks like the majority of postrers are making tiers from that point of view. I don't want to discuss the future, because there are to many unknowns.
Ah, but that's the beauty of message boards. We can have discussions like this regardless of the unknowns. After all, every single game has unknowns and yet a lot of us still play the prediction game. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...The most important thing however in ranking these players, is that we pretty much have a full squad in everybody's top 2-3 tiers, and then we're very quietly developing our own 3 and D specialist in Jackson. Nobody is stepping on anybody's toes, we aren't looking to trade last years lotto pick to acquiesce to this year's budding superstar, etc. etc.

This has all happened under everybody's noses and radars. We were predicted to win <25 games this season and are staring that mark in the face right now. Unquestionably we will see a 10+ improvement over last season. Hell we're talking playoffs in a stacked West. I don't know if we'll make it and if we don't it shouldn't be held as a failure. That would be moving the goal posts to another stadium.

If the Kings keep their current trajectory and neither is traded, I don't think it would be unrealistic to see Bagley and Giles make multiple all-star appearances in the future. It will be harder for Fox to make it as a guard even if he winds up the best of all 3.
That's what I was looking for when I started this thread. I wanted to see how many people viewed our Kings the same way I do. I have not been disappointed. ;)

Ah, but that's the beauty of message boards. We can have discussions like this regardless of the unknowns. After all, every single game has unknowns and yet a lot of us still play the prediction game. :)
I am not against others posting from that point of view, I just don't want to do it myself. The Ron's prediction game is like weather forcast for tomorrow, just a bit less accurate ;). OTOH, predicting roster next year, accounting percieved importance and development of young players, trades and FA signings is just too much for me. It is like wether forcast for the next month :)

That's what I was looking for when I started this thread. I wanted to see how many people viewed our Kings the same way I do. I have not been disappointed. ;)
I think the bottom line is we actually have 6 or 7 players that could meaningfully contribute and get 20+ minutes on any team in the league right now, and most of them are under 24.

People were saying ahead of the game last night that the Blazers had 3 players better than anyone on our roster, assuming this meant Dame, CJ and Nurk it is to be noted we completely shut two of those guys down and beyond that they have nothing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the bottom line is we actually have 6 or 7 players that could meaningfully contribute and get 20+ minutes on any team in the league right now, and most of them are under 24.

People were saying ahead of the game last night that the Blazers had 3 players better than anyone on our roster, assuming this meant Dame, CJ and Nurk it is to be noted we completely shut two of those guys down and beyond that they have nothing.
Exactly. It's hard to remember the last time we could honestly say that. :)

And it is not like Lillard lit us up either. He scored his 35 pts on 11-27 shooting.