Questions for PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind some redunduncy in the questions...hammers the point home to PDA that we kings fans are pissed and demand for him to explain his "genius move" to us so we can understand where this was good at any level.

Id Like to ask him why he thinks he shouldn't be fired for canning Malone causing the bottom to fall out of a team that was beginning to rise?

Reports have indicated that many players found out about both the firing on Michael Malone and the hiring of Ty Corbin through social media. For some, that was like finding about the death of a close family member online. Given the strong emotional bonds that had formed between many of the team's key players and Michael Malone, specifically Demarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay, have the players been given access to any kind of grief counseling to work through this difficult process?

Entity

Hall of Famer
In hindsight do you feel the firing of Malone was a hasty decision?

Have spoken with the players about your philosophy on how you want them to play? Or was it just your vision and they just have to do it the way you want it, their concerns be damned?

There's so many great Qs but likely Kingfans two representatives will only have opportunity for select number to fire at PDA. Hopefully someone can sort through all that's here to come up with most compelling. Maybe poll on best of the best. I suspect PDA will do plenty of dodging, deception, obfuscation, dare say outright LIE. At this point might only trust it if this GM was put under oath in legal deposition to explain his machinations. The ultimate truth is probably only going to come from Malone and so far he's been silent. Good luck to the questioners from our esteemed group:)

Entity

Hall of Famer
In college coaches recruit players that fit into their system. It seems you are trying to re invent the wheel and wanting players to adapt to what you want in the middle of their NBA careers. Do you think that is fair to the players that signed multi year contracts under one philosophy to suddenly change the way they have played their whole career?

There's so many great Qs but likely Kingfans two representatives will only have opportunity for select number to fire at PDA. Hopefully someone can sort through all that's here to come up with most compelling. Maybe poll on best of the best. I suspect PDA will do plenty of dodging, deception, obfuscation, dare say outright LIE. At this point might only trust it if this GM was put under oath in legal deposition to explain his machinations. The ultimate truth is probably only going to come from Malone and so far he's been silent. Good luck to the questioners from our esteemed group:)
after all, he is a former agent. he's had practice doing that

We haven't had much reason to celebrate the end of 2014... But here's hoping 2015 holds better fortunes for us fans, the organization, and the players. Happy New Year to everyone. Hang tough, we are all battle tested let's not give in now.

Why do you insist on pursuing a play style the fans don't want, your star player is ill-suited to play, has never proven to be successful at the NBA level and the antithesis of which had been showing signs of success in the early part of the season?

Otherwise, I'd just like to echo previous posts that simply ask "What is your plan to fix this mess you caused?"

- Why did the players learn about Michael Malone's firing through secondary sources, rather than through the front office?

- Why did the players learn about Tyrone Corbin's signing more than a week after the fact?

- Does the front office plan to have the Sacramento Kings running 4 on 5 within the next decade? (This is not asking will the team run 4 on 5. If the question was worded with "will", PDA can simply answer, "We don't know what will happen in the future.")

K

KingMilz

#1: Since the coaching change a number of players have seem to given up on the team and themselves and showed a complete lack of respect for the Kings uniform what do you plan on doing with these players?
#2: What kind of players would you be looking to bring in to replace these quitters?
#3 The Kings have have a long history of quitters in the organization from Marcus Thornton to JJ Hickson and now the current group what can be done to actually change the culture in Sacramento where players don't wilt at the first sign of trouble?

I'd suggest asking questions PDA hasn't been asked before, or ones that will give us new information we didn't have before.

Be specific. "Why did you ruin this team?" and questions of that type aren't really going to get us anywhere. I'd focus on questioning the things they've lied about in the past. Follow ups are important.

This organizations has been a walking contradiction for a year now, and I wan't to know why they say one thing and do another. Here are some examples.

When Malone was fired they said they thought he was a good coach blah blah blah, and he did great getting us to this point blah blah blah. I want to hear him say they got the Malone hiring wrong. I want to hear PDA admit something they did was wrong. I'm tired of the justification of everything. I want specific admission of mistakes. Either Malone shouldn't have been fired and you got that wrong, or Malone shouldn't have been hired and you got that wrong. You can't have it both ways. They are now paying him to sit at home. That's a mistake. I want to hear someone say that.

I also want him to say he's failed at constructing a roster that HE told us he wanted and would construct. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the need to add shooting (three-point shooting, specifically) to this roster since PDA took over. They are 29th in total 3's, 28th in 3's attempted, and 21st in 3P%. I want PDA to admit that he didn't do what he wanted to do, and then tell me why. This goes for improving defense as well, etc. He's done essentially nothing he said he was going to do since he took over.

When Malone was fired, PDA was asked if it was his decision. He said yes. Vivek then said the team would be better with Corbin. I want to know if PDA told Vivek this. I want to know if PDA thought or still thinks this team is / will be better under Corbin. I want to know or hear him say on the record that he thinks this is a playoff team like Vivek said after Corbin was hired. It's one thing for an owner who doesn't really know basketball to think they have a playoff team on their hands, it's another for your general manager to think that. If PDA truly thought this team would be better after firing Malone, under Corbin, and it would be enough to secure a playoff spot .... I want to hear him admit that, and then subsequently lose all faith in this front office entirely.

I also want to know if everyone in their front office and coaching staff is on the same page. I'm sure he'll say yes to this. My follow up - you guys said the same thing all offseason and over the past (almost) two years when Malone was here, and you guys fired him indicating that clearly was not the case. Can we believe you now? why?

I would like him to address something somewhat specific that had been on my mind since the Grantland Doc. Malone was in the draft war room when the draft started sitting right next to Vivek and PDA, when Vivek was doing his notorious 'Stauskas? Stauskas? Stauskas? routine, Malone was never asked. Or at least, he was never shown agreeing. Did he want Stauskas? or was the he voice leaning toward Payton?

Are you worried about ruining DeMarcus Cousins' prime? You may have to get him to admit that this season is over before he will admit that this is another lost year, but it has been. Reference Kevin Love and how the Timberwolves squandered their chance to build around him. This will be Cousins 5th losing season in Sacramento, the 2nd under your regime. Every season in his career has been a failure. Don't ask him if Cousins is losing faith in the organization. He can deflect that one easily. Ask him if he would blame Cousins for losing faith after 5 bad season in Sacramento. How do you build back trust with a player you blindsided a month ago?

PDA had a comment after they fired Malone that drove me insane. I don't remember the wording exactly, but it was something a long the lines of them firing Malone no matter what the Kings record was. That's freaking absurd. I want PDA to understand and then explain why this organization is talking out of both sides of their mouth. Is it about wins and losses like Vivek said? If so, why fire Malone under the impression that the record didn't matter and it was about style? Which is it? I want PDA to tell me that Malone would have been fired even if the Kings had a better record, and than if he says yes, ask him to justify that.

That's all for now. I didn't plan on going that long, so sorry if its a bit disjointed. I'm sure I'll have more soon.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks to everyone for their questions. I think we have a pretty good selection to choose from. I'm going to close this thread and start to wade through all the suggestions, and winnow it down to 10. One thing to remember is that there are three separate forums submitting questions to Dave, who - unless things change - only has an hour for phone calls, questions from the forums (which Dave will ask PDA himself) and - I think - a question or two from the audience. That's very few questions from a lot of different sources in a short period of time. I suspect Dave will go through all the questions submitted by the forums and ask the ones he feels best (which is, of course, his right).

Thanks again. This is really something new and different. And, as I tweeted with Aaron Bruski yesterday, it's about time the fans got to ask questions directly instead of having them filtered through the media. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.