Prospects of the future, 2015 and beyond:

Josh Jackson is 18 already and will be 20, before his freshman season in college ends, so Shabazz is the right analogy. Jackson looks more skilled though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Josh Jackson is 18 already and will be 20, before his freshman season in college ends, so Shabazz is the right analogy. Jackson looks more skilled though.
Actually, I was just making a general comment about the age of some players, but not comparing Jackson to Shabazz. I should have been more clear.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Since this player is just a freshman in highschool, this is more for fun than anything else. However, he's someone we might want to check back on in a few years. I'm talking about Jonathan McGriff, who has the look of a future NBA PG. Of course he has a long way to go, but he has amazing handles and court vision for a player his age.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This for the Capt. in particular since he's a big UCLA fan. This video is fairly long, but pay attention to number one in white. That's Lonzo Ball's little brother, who has already committed to UCLA. Actually, I believe there are two Ball brothers committed to UCLA. Anyway, if you have nothing better to do, take a look at another future NBA star in the making.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This for the Capt. in particular since he's a big UCLA fan. This video is fairly long, but pay attention to number one in white. That's Lonzo Ball's little brother, who has already committed to UCLA. Actually, I believe there are two Ball brothers committed to UCLA. Anyway, if you have nothing better to do, take a look at another future NBA star in the making.
LiAngelo ("Gelo"), who is arriving at UCLA next year, is becoming an amazing scorer. His jumper is pure and he's completely fearless in the paint regardless of how many defenders he has on him. He seems a bit heavy, and I never thought he'd be a one-and-done like his father claims, but if he can score in college like he does in high school (and let's take away the cherrypicking, because that probably won't happen in the NCAAs) then he might.

LaMelo ("Melo"), who isn't coming to UCLA until the summer of 2019, has a lot of growing to do. He's already got great vision as a PG, and his drive and handle and finishing around the basket are about all you can ask for. His shot is probably uglier in form than Lonzo's, and he was missing left right and backwards in that video except outside of about 35 feet. Obviously his shot needs a lot of work (calling the half-court shot notwithstanding) but he has a lot of time to fix things - two and a half high-school seasons. And keep in mind that he was actually moved up a year in school so he's a year YOUNGER than your average sophomore right now.

It's a nice recruiting pipeline for UCLA, so it's kind of unfortunate that Papa Ball appears to have finished making NBA players.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
LiAngelo ("Gelo"), who is arriving at UCLA next year, is becoming an amazing scorer. His jumper is pure and he's completely fearless in the paint regardless of how many defenders he has on him. He seems a bit heavy, and I never thought he'd be a one-and-done like his father claims, but if he can score in college like he does in high school (and let's take away the cherrypicking, because that probably won't happen in the NCAAs) then he might.

LaMelo ("Melo"), who isn't coming to UCLA until the summer of 2019, has a lot of growing to do. He's already got great vision as a PG, and his drive and handle and finishing around the basket are about all you can ask for. His shot is probably uglier in form than Lonzo's, and he was missing left right and backwards in that video except outside of about 35 feet. Obviously his shot needs a lot of work (calling the half-court shot notwithstanding) but he has a lot of time to fix things - two and a half high-school seasons. And keep in mind that he was actually moved up a year in school so he's a year YOUNGER than your average sophomore right now.

It's a nice recruiting pipeline for UCLA, so it's kind of unfortunate that Papa Ball appears to have finished making NBA players.

Yeah, his shot needs some work, but I had to admire his court vision and the quickness with which he took advantage of openings. Amazing at his age. Kid's going to be great in a couple of years.