[Game] (Preseason) Kings @ Warriors 7:00pm Pacific, 10:00pm Eastern 10/18/2023 (NBATV)

They bank a 3 and then get a call at the end. Still we dominate them all game and then they got hot at the right time.
No, the starters let them get hot at the end. It was the bench that ran up a good lead. I was worried about the opposite. They were up by 14 points when Sabonis and Mitchell came in at 8:51 for McGee and Fox, and by 10 points when Barnes, Murray, and Huerter came in with 7:18 left.

Last edited:
The Warriors had the lead for a total of 51 seconds in this game.

Curry had to score 13 points in the last two minutes, including a three he missed so badly he banked it trying to draw a kickout foul, and the Warriors got an extra possession when Curry touched the ball while out of bounds and apparently none of the cameras could see it, just so the Warriors could win by 1.

And they blew all their luck on a game that doesn't count in the standings. Fine by me. Just glad I don't ever have to listen to that Warriors announcing team again.
Their luck against us will eventually run out. I can't wait for the games to matter in the coming days.

No, the starters let them get hot at the end. It was the bench that ran up a good lead. I was worried about the opposite. They were up by 14 points when Sabonis and Mitchell came in at 8:51 for McGee and Fox, and by 10 points when Barnes, Murray, and Huerter came in with 7:18 left.
Huerter and Barnes need to step it up and Sabonis needs to not worry about foul trouble and buckle the hell down defensively

Didn’t watch the game but sounds like it was a solid one minus the announcers. Could care less about GS winning this game, let’s see what’s what when it matters. Lots of positives to take from this one, but I do think Huerter has more questions to answer this season than some of us anticipated. Can he man the 2 spot if he isn’t shooting well? Will his defense continue to be an issue? I don’t think he holds on to the starting role myself, regardless of his offensive proficiency, as he has too many holes on the other side of the ball. We need a Doug Christie type alongside Fox. A do it all guard with solid to good defense.

The West will be tough this year. Can’t afford to lose some of the easy ones like we did last year. Definitely can’t afford to start 0-4 in the regular season again either.

Didn’t watch the game but sounds like it was a solid one minus the announcers. Could care less about GS winning this game, let’s see what’s what when it matters. Lots of positives to take from this one, but I do think Huerter has more questions to answer this season than some of us anticipated. Can he man the 2 spot if he isn’t shooting well? Will his defense continue to be an issue? I don’t think he holds on to the starting role myself, regardless of his offensive proficiency, as he has too many holes on the other side of the ball. We need a Doug Christie type alongside Fox. A do it all guard with solid to good defense.

The West will be tough this year. Can’t afford to lose some of the easy ones like we did last year. Definitely can’t afford to start 0-4 in the regular season again either.
Colby Jones is looking shockingly good. It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a little extra ball handling in the starting lineup. He has that Christie glue guy vibe about him too - but with just a bit more flash. What a great pick at 34. Would have been a great pick at 20.

This then would also somewhat strangely cement Davion in his spot in the rotation as Jones and Davion are not competing for the same minutes. It does squeeze Heurter though, obviously. I could see a move like this happening possibly after the first third of the season. Davion then becomes the official PG of the second unit.

I love Heurter's game though and hope he finds a way to fit in even if his shot isn't falling.

Good
Would have liked to see K33gs get the last shot. He is a steady and reliable shooter and has added some creativity to his offense. He is a real bright spot.

As many have said Colby looks comfortable. The floaters, the high IQ, the defensive rotations, passing, etc. make the 3s that fell gravy.

Davion's shot and confidence in his shot look improved. He still ends up in weird spots, such as under the basket. Why is he initiating the offense when Monk is on the floor?

Worrisome
Fox and Sabonis look like the All Stars they were last year, but Sabonis did not go against Dray and Looney. We haven't seen nor played a full squad this preaseason.

Barnes is normally a steadying force, but he wasn't able to do much this game, 1 for 6 from the field and only 3 boards in 32 mins. With Dray and Looney out Barnes needed to contribute in other ways like on the glass.

Pathetic
Huerter can't shoot anymore so he's just about worthless and McGee drives me crazy. He should never have the ball outside the paint, his decisions are mind boggling. Vezenkov has not come around and most had envisioned him as more than just a stay in the corner kind-of-guy.

Good
Would have liked to see K33gs get the last shot. He is a steady and reliable shooter and has added some creativity to his offense. He is a real bright spot.

As many have said Colby looks comfortable. The floaters, the high IQ, the defensive rotations, passing, etc. make the 3s that fell gravy.

Davion's shot and confidence in his shot look improved. He still ends up in weird spots, such as under the basket. Why is he initiating the offense when Monk is on the floor?

Worrisome
Fox and Sabonis look like the All Stars they were last year, but Sabonis did not go against Dray and Looney. We haven't seen nor played a full squad this preaseason.

Barnes is normally a steadying force, but he wasn't able to do much this game, 1 for 6 from the field and only 3 boards in 32 mins. With Dray and Looney out Barnes needed to contribute in other ways like on the glass.

Pathetic
Huerter can't shoot anymore so he's just about worthless and McGee drives me crazy. He should never have the ball outside the paint, his decisions are mind boggling. Vezenkov has not come around and most had envisioned him as more than just a stay in the corner kind-of-guy.
Sabonis looked really bad against their rookie. Maybe the Warriors have his number? He was very frustrated the entire game. He got some generous calls in the 4th quarter after he got elbowed in the face on defense lol

gunks

Hall of Famer
The Warriors announcers primary job seems to be 1. Get high on your own supply and then 2. Pass the pipe to the fans.

Most annoying announcers in sports. Worse than the Lakers even imo.
It's funny, I was totally thinking.... how do these guys make Stu Lantz look good???

Just insanely horrible. But on brand for how obnoxious the franchise is in general.

Sabonis looked really bad against their rookie. Maybe the Warriors have his number? He was very frustrated the entire game. He got some generous calls in the 4th quarter after he got elbowed in the face on defense lol
He played against Looney just three days ago and looked excellent. This is why you don’t worry about preseason games because you’re going to just forget what you watched after a week..or sometimes after 24 hours

note: this was mostly in reference to the post you quoted

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Colby Jones is looking shockingly good. It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a little extra ball handling in the starting lineup. He has that Christie glue guy vibe about him too - but with just a bit more flash. What a great pick at 34. Would have been a great pick at 20.

This then would also somewhat strangely cement Davion in his spot in the rotation as Jones and Davion are not competing for the same minutes. It does squeeze Heurter though, obviously. I could see a move like this happening possibly after the first third of the season. Davion then becomes the official PG of the second unit.

I love Heurter's game though and hope he finds a way to fit in even if his shot isn't falling.
I'd like to see how Mitchell and Jones in the backcourt would look for a stretch of minutes. Defensively, they should be very good. And maybe with Jones's playmaking they would be good enough offensively.

P.S. I've been a big Heurter fan, but if he doesn't switch gears soon he's going to be playing his way off of this team.

The Warriors announcers primary job seems to be 1. Get high on your own supply and then 2. Pass the pipe to the fans.

Most annoying announcers in sports. Worse than the Lakers even imo.
Shockingly, the Lakers' announcers aren't that bad. I expect every team to have cheerleaders to some degree, but Fitzgerald takes it to a whole different level. I guess I can't totally blame him. I'd be riding high also if I lived through the down Warrior years only to get a decade of calling some of the greatest players in NBA history. With that said, he's been amazingly annoying for a long long time.

I don't like the fact that we are winless in the preseason (likely 0-5 after the back to back tonight), but keep telling myself it is meaningless. It is, but at the same time would like to build some momentum. This team does have big time confidence so I don't think it's an issue.

I don't like the fact that we are winless in the preseason (likely 0-5 after the back to back tonight), but keep telling myself it is meaningless. It is, but at the same time would like to build some momentum. This team does have big time confidence so I don't think it's an issue.
It's not the record that bothers me, it's the quality of play. Granted, it was a lot better last night, but I still get the sense that the team is not jelling as quickly as expected. The start of the season may be rough.

Now there's some bulletin board material for you, Kings!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I mean the whole "screw the rules it's preseason just give it to Steph so he can end it" (which is actually what happened, because I have a hard time believing that an overhead view of the baseline would show him in bounds) takes the cake from homer to "I don't give a F as long as my team wins", he should be commentating 2nd grade hot shots where dribbling is a suggestion.