Preseason Kings vs. Jazz

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I can see it, but as you said, until Bogdan comes back. Iman is yet another SG who is really more of a combo PG/SG historically. That's a tough spot to be in with a team overloaded at both ends and a coach who seemingly loves small dual PG lineups.
He could play the 3 also. He's strong enough.

Well that was ugly. Sometimes losses are so horrible there's really not even a meaningful learning experience they're just something to be forgotten.

He could play the 3 also. He's strong enough.

Yeah, but apparently that's going to also be a spot where Buddy, Bagley, and Bjelica play. If he plays then they need to move on from whoevers minutes he's taking over. Attempt to salvage some value because if Iman Shumpert is taking your role with where the Kings are at, you're toast. You're obviously not losing a ton on Mason or Jackson fading from the lineup but it's still players on longer terms deals vs. a player in a contract year.

Brilliant Kings strategy!

Since the Kings play Utah twice in the first week of the regular season, they are lulling Utah to sleep, so they can pounce on them during the regular season, when it counts! :rolleyes:

If the Kings put up a poor showing and look this clueless I give Joerger 8-10 games to right the ship. I think they'll be more prepped and less fatigued with the season starts.

Kings couldn't guard a simple pick and roll. As Christie said during the game: Why didn't they start with defensive pressure at the beginning of the game, not the start of the 2nd half? Painful game to watch.

Play of the game from the Kings' perspective: Bagley taking the rebound coast to coast for a layup.
Yes. If you're going to play a fast athletic type of game, do it on defense too. Pressure the ball constantly on defense to create easy baskets. Run the other teams out of the gym.

I'm not usually one to go this route this early in the season, but it's starting to look like a classic case of a GM and coach who's gotten a team to a certain point but may not be able to push them over the hump.

If it stays this ugly in the regular season, Kings fans may start demanding to see more ZBo, KK and Shump! :eek:

Sometimes I'm not so sure that isn't the intent with all of this. "See, I tried to play the kids and they weren't ready. So they need to watch a little more." Coaches with a plan always find a way. ;)

I wish the Kings would trade for Alec Burks who's stuck on Utah's bench. He could function in the role they had hoped LaVine would. He can get his own shot, which the Kings desperately need.
Well...what do you have that we want? I think Alec could help you guys and he isn't really going to play much in Utah.

I wish the Kings would trade for Alec Burks who's stuck on Utah's bench. He could function in the role they had hoped LaVine would. He can get his own shot, which the Kings desperately need.

And this is how bad the Kings top picks are being utilized. They have two former college players of the year alone and it appears as if no King can even get their own shot. It's hard to get your own shot when you are thinking swing the ball first, second, and third.

I’m curious how many minutes Fox played off the ball versus the primary ball handler? Anyone have an estimate?

I saw Buddy with the ball in his hands quite a bit. I think this model works when Bogi is paired with Fox but tonight was a disaster. Buddy is best used like Reddick not as a Bogi lite.

I’m curious how many minutes Fox played off the ball versus the primary ball handler? Anyone have an estimate?

I saw Buddy with the ball in his hands quite a bit. I think this model works when Bogi is paired with Fox but tonight was a disaster. Buddy is best used like Reddick not as a Bogi lite.
I'm more curious on catch and shoot attempts and who took them.

I'm all for expanding their games, but as always can we get a bit more balance? Buddy's passing game is way beyond what I thought it would ever be. Good job coach, but Fox is an elite slasher, Buddy is an elite catch and shoot player. How can this be so hard to figure out!? o_O

Vlade didn't want to take the ball out of Fox's hands and draft D***** which made me laugh at the time because his coach takes it out of his hands about 66% of the time and places it in the hands of WCS.

Late post prediction: Bagley will be our best player for years. Had liked him as a prospect (casually) for years before the draft, and he was my favorite player in this draft from a potential standpoint. I admit this humbly at this point, but it's the truth. If he works out for us, I'll be more than excited. The team played harder when Bagley was in the game tonight and I don't think that's arguable.

Vlade didn't want to take the ball out of Fox's hands and draft D***** which made me laugh at the time because his coach takes it out of his hands about 66% of the time and places it in the hands of WCS.
I didn’t wanna be the one to say that!

Late post prediction: Bagley will be our best player for years. Had liked him as a prospect (casually) for years before the draft, and he was my favorite player in this draft from a potential standpoint. I admit this humbly at this point, but it's the truth. If he works out for us, I'll be more than excited. The team played harder when Bagley was in the game tonight and I don't think that's arguable.
Giles will have a say in this

This game is on Joeger. His team was woefully unprepared. True they missed a lot of gimmes but there was no lockdown occurring on the other end. There is too much talent for something of this magnitude to happen TWICE in 4 games.

His head is going to roll sooner rather than later if he cant get this offense and defense to change ASAP.

Bagley was the only player for the Kings who could get his, because of his energy and ball hawking ability. Fox and Giles also have the potential but the offense is set up for Fox to fail and Giles barely got any burn tonight.

I didn’t wanna be the one to say that!

Giles will have a say in this
Early career prediction: Bagley will be the more dynamic player of the two. Love Giles too, but bagley could end up a different level of very good player. Potential star if I've ever seen one. Gets his numbers doing the dirty work off the bench. #2 pick mind you. not an ounce of deer in the headlights, he belongs.

Ugly game.

Kings really needed to length the floor tonight, but got pushed off their spots. Utah punched them in the mouth on the perimeter, forced the kings to drive n allowed Gobert to fly swat everything.

Nights like these when you need a ron-ron or a matt Barnes on the team.

Kings are trying to emulate the 02 Kings/Memphis high, low post offense with two elite bigs. Problem, only Giles can play the high post spot right now and the kings don’t have the right type of wings and guards to play that offense.

The Kings screening game is crapty. Not just the bigs but the guards too. No one works for each other on this team. Makes you wonder what the hell theyre practicing.

Kings defense sucks. Only players playing any defense was Fox n Shump. Buddy looks like he’s akergic to it. JJ looks like he doesn’t want to be out there.

Only bright spot was Bags. He’s thinking less. Spinning n using his right more. He’s going to be a stud.

Early career prediction: Bagley will be the more dynamic player of the two. Love Giles too, but bagley could end up a different level of very good player. Potential star if I've ever seen one. Gets his numbers doing the dirty work off the bench. #2 pick mind you. not an ounce of deer in the headlights, he belongs.
Agreed to an extent, it looks like Giles can post guys up with his sky hook and his jumper is money. Add his outstanding passing and he’s gonna be a stud, and one of the few player with defense awareness on the team

Only bright spot was Bags. He’s thinking less. Spinning n using his right more. He’s going to be a stud.
Yes. I didn't watch the game (no need after I saw the first quarter score), but based on the highlights it seems like he's starting to show the tenacity on the offensive boards. That's what he needs to do at this point. 17 shots in 21 minutes...wow! Assuming a lot of that was missed tip-ins? Or was he just really chucking?

Agreed to an extent, it looks like Giles can post guys up with his sky hook and his jumper is money. Add his outstanding passing and he’s gonna be a stud, and one of the few player with defense awareness on the team
Seeing more of both of them over the preseason, they really are quite different players. If it all starts to click with both of them, then I do start to get a better feel for the decision to take Bagley. I think they could complement each other very well as they mature.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yes. I didn't watch the game (no need after I saw the first quarter score), but based on the highlights it seems like he's starting to show the tenacity on the offensive boards. That's what he needs to do at this point. 17 shots in 21 minutes...wow! Assuming a lot of that was missed tip-ins? Or was he just really chucking?
A little of both but there were a couple of sequences where he did the whole Moses/Boogie thing of just throwing up absolute junk towards the hoop knowing that he had the best chance of rebounding his own miss.

Last edited:
Doc Rivers imo basically cost the Clippers a title when he cut Joe Ingles like 3 or so years ago he was exactly what they needed at SF a good defender, elite shooter and a 3rd playmaker to go with Cp3/Blake.

We have not changed anything about the way the Kings play from last season history is just on repeat mode.