Preseason Kings vs. Jazz

Am I the only one who wanted to see more of Wenyen Gabriel this preseason?
If defense and effort are a big cause for concern for the coach, why wouldn't he put Wenyen out there? The guy is this years JaKarr Sampson except he hasn't reached his ceiling yet so there's actually a player there that can be molded and developed. As soon as he comes into the game you immediately notice that he's out there on nearly every play.

Justin Jackson has 6 rebounds in 110min this preseason. Wenyen has 17 rebounds in 39min. Jackson might be the softest player I've ever seen in a Kings uni.

If we didn't already have Buddy and Bogs (and now apparently Fox) holding down the 2, there probably wouldn't have been as many against the signing.

Vlade needs to balance this roster out. Not having any real SFs for this long is a joke.
While true, I think this team needs as much talent as they can get. In all honesty, right now I think there is only one player on this team who I think could be a big part of our winning team 3 years from now... and that's Bogdanovic. Everyone else is either unproven are extremely inconsistent.

Justin Jackson has 6 rebounds in 110min this preseason. Wenyen has 17 rebounds in 39min. Jackson might be the softest player I've ever seen in a Kings uni.
Send a msg, start
Yogi
Buddy
Weyen
Giles
KK

Second unit
Fox
Bogi (when healthy)
Shump
Bjelly
Bagley

Dont want to see
Mason, jj, wcs, zbo, skal, BMac

Last edited:
If defense and effort are a big cause for concern for the coach, why wouldn't he put Wenyen out there? The guy is this years JaKarr Sampson except he hasn't reached his ceiling yet so there's actually a player there that can be molded and developed. As soon as he comes into the game you immediately notice that he's out there on nearly every play.

Bring back Derrick Williams imo

Agreed to an extent, it looks like Giles can post guys up with his sky hook and his jumper is money. Add his outstanding passing and he’s gonna be a stud, and one of the few player with defense awareness on the team
Good stuff. Obviously in a perfect world, I'd love for them to both be stars in their own right.

Did they give up or were they just not as good at the Jazz? They seemed to be one step slow on defense and offense. I think it was mostly a talent and experience deficiency rather than an effort deficiency.
great post. Utah is a damn good team and they have a damn good coach and personnel to match, they whooped Houston on their homecourt in the playoffs game 2 of the series without their starting PG Ricky Rubio -- their not some appropriate measuring stick to measure this Kings team against, utah when firing on all cylinders can make you look very bad, exposed even, and it's just like you said a step slow on offense or defense.

I like a boxing term "beat to the punch" Utah is the type of team who u let them consistently beat u to the punch -- it's gonna get ugly.

Utah has become increasingly more difficult to beat with the emergence of D. Mitchell too, who's a legit young star in this league.