[Game] Preseason Kings vs. Blazers 10/9/2022 6pm Pacific 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy to think 3 years ago baze averaged 10ppg for us and last year metu started 20 games for us. Now one may get cut and the other will get a lot of DNP
I think one of Lyles or Metu should be on chopping block. He tried running Lyles and Metu together with Murray/Barnes, they don't need another PF at this point. Playing one of Lyles/Metu over Len is clearly not an option either.

Okpala seems to have locked down a roster spot, if not a starting role. I'd swap him for Metu in your list.

And if I were making the decision, I'd keep Moneke, Bazemore, and probably Dellevadova.

Merrill is a candidate for Stockton, I don't have a strong preference between Cook and Delly, but I think Delly has the edge at the moment, and as much as I want Metu to succeed, he's a tweener who can't defend at C or on the wing and isn't good enough offensively to offset that issue.

Plus I think having extra wings is important.
Metu can swing 4 / 5. I think he is a lock

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Holmes is sick. Why does Covid have to be mentioned if it’s not Covid? I mean the could say Holmes is out with a non cancerous illness. It feels the same
Because there are COVID protocols, remember? Non-COVID doesn't trigger those.

DeAaron played great on both sides of the ball, shot well and played dog defense. Happy for him. Wonder if his detractors on the board will give him kudos or
C'mon now, PS. It's a little early for kudos, no? Everybody knows that DFox can play great on both sides - which is EXACTLY why it's so frustrating that he has chosen consistent inconsistency - at best - on the defensive end. With quality depth at both backcourt positions, there's ZERO excuse for Fox not to play hard on both ends as a rule.

We'll see.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
That was a FUN game to be at - we were commenting on how nice it was to see such a free-flowing offense and the ball zipping around to different players all night. Defense was definitely improved. Good 3-point shooting (although the FT could use some work).

So much better than the past few years....

So is Murray gonna be lifted into starting rotation or super-sub for a bit when the season starts?
My hypothesis is that Okpala starts games to guard their best 1-4 with the idea that it causes a slow start: Dont know how much that will actually work. Murray will sub for him in the 1st and play a majority of the minutes at the position. I still dont like it, but if you think about it Okpala is a lot less impressive of a player if his defense primarily being used against 2 units. Perhaps starting him is what gets the most out of his defense? Still hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.