[Game] Preseason Kings @ Clippers, 10/6/21 7:30pm Pacific, 10:30pm Eastern (No Local TV)

I haven't been able to watch either preseason game, but based on what I've seen of both Len and Thompson in recent years, no question in my mind that Len is the choice behind Richaun (the requirements of very particular matchups aside). He brings the toughness and rebounding that TT brings, plus the rim protection he doesn't (AND just maybe a credible 3-ball too).
And he runs Waltons hand offs better than anyone else. It's going to be hard not to justify Len and Thompson getting minutes. They clearly both are going to help the team in ways they need.

Yeah it's interesting. Buddy/Barnes/Bagley are the three guys left that we don't really know Monte's long-term stance on. Basically all the Vlade left-overs are gone: Mitchell/Hali/Harkless/Len/TT/TD and then Metu/King/Queeta/Ramsey are all his guys he brought in over the past year. Fox got the big extension early. Holmes got the big extension. Walton is presumably safe for one more year, but seems like he's tying himself to Walton as well.

So it's just the other 3 Vlade left-overs that we're a bit in the dark on. Barnes, by virtue of his position and actually being good, is more than likely a long-term piece.
I agree, I think Barnes is safe for sure. Buddy and Bagley he's been trying to trade for awhile apparently but here they are and at the moment standing in the way of pieces not on the block so... Winning cures all though I guess.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Len is the only one providing any resistance at the rim and is getting guards open better than any other big out there. Thompson has been solid but his help defense leaves a little to be desired and he's mostly looking for his offense on pick and roll. The frontcourt is kind of the same mess it has been. A lot of bodies that all do different things but in a league where small ball rules and on a team even more guard glutted than before.
I like Len but if you are trying to crunch in some minutes for these bigs, I'd go with Tristan because he sets good screens, is a big body that can take up space and block shots at the rim and provide offensive rebounding

Yeah, that's a win for Davion and the Kings defense. Good chance you win the game if you're forcing PG into shots like that. Great player just made a super tough shot.
It's what the pros have said, at the highest level of basketball, the best defenders' job is to make the shot as tough as humanly possible throughout the game. All you can do is to keep the Kobes and the Lebrons as low in production, contribution, and overall effectiveness as possible. Star players are still gonna get to their spots and score regardless.

Well, sheeeeee-it: Off Night DID get him. Tough shot by a very good player in PG. But if Davion can force a 6'8" perennial all-star into shots like *that* with any regularity, it's ON. PG worked awfully hard to spin away from an almost-jumpball and into a fadeaway over the 7-footer playing help defense. We'll take that all game long.

I had no doubt that Davion's quicks, anticipation and "physicality" would transfer to the NBA. Only question was: would the refs let him play that style? Early answer seems to be: YES.

Sweet.
Meh you'll only get the answer to that question when he has to guard Harden.

I like Len but if you are trying to crunch in some minutes for these bigs, I'd go with Tristan because he sets good screens, is a big body that can take up space and block shots at the rim and provide offensive rebounding
Thompson and Len both set very good screens, rebound well, and "take up space." (Thompson is better on the offensive glass, Len on the defensive.) Len is the much better shot blocker and free throw shooter, and, again, might actually offer a 3-pt threat.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Thompson and Len both set very good screens, rebound well, and "take up space." (Thompson is better on the offensive glass, Len on the defensive.) Len is the much better shot blocker and free throw shooter, and, again, might actually offer a 3-pt threat.
if that is the case, then the Kings don't lose much with whoever gets minutes. Kings don't need Len to shoot the three, he has his role

Everything you’re saying is good about TT is also good about Len. I don’t favor Len over TT, I just need time to see which one is a better fit in certain situations.

Everything you’re saying is good about TT is also good about Len. I don’t favor Len over TT, I just need time to see which one is a better fit in certain situations.
If their output ends up being very similar, why not just use both and keep them fresh throughout a season