Potential second round picks

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Some other European players that might be considered are Rodions Kurucs, a 6'9" SF. Marco Simonovic a 7' center/PF, and Arnoldas Kulboka a 6'10" SF. If the Kings decide to stay in the US with their pick, then a few guys that are borderline, bottom of the first/top of the 2nd, are Keita Bates-Diop, a 6'7" SF from Ohio St. Kevin Hervey, a 6'7" SF from Texas-Arlington, and Melvin Frazer a 6'6" SF with a 7 foot wingspan from Tulane.

I think it's highly likely that the Kings will use their 2nd round pick on a European player that they can stash in Europe for a year or two. It would free up a roster spot in free agency, and help make up for the lack of a 1st round pick in 2019. Bonga fits that scenario. I can think of a couple of others that would also fit the bill.
Was thinking exactly that. The second round pick will not get any playing time anyway. Better to let him develop on someone else's dime, and get him when he is more ready, and we can better use some fresh talent.

I like Aaron Holiday- PG from UCLA.

I think this kid can be a solid back up point guard in the league. He is a hard nosed guy who plays solid defense and is a good 3 point shooter.

He would give the Kings a full sized backup PG and could play some small ball SG too.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Aaron Holiday- PG from UCLA.

I think this kid can be a solid back up point guard in the league. He is a hard nosed guy who plays solid defense and is a good 3 point shooter.

He would give the Kings a full sized backup PG and could play some small ball SG too.
I like Holiday, but he's not much bigger than Frank Mason. In fact there's quite a bit of similarity between the two - small, strong, aggressive, scoring PGs with a good outside shot. I'm not against the idea, but they might be a bit redundant if there's other interesting players around.

I like Holiday, but he's not much bigger than Frank Mason. In fact there's quite a bit of similarity between the two - small, strong, aggressive, scoring PGs with a good outside shot. I'm not against the idea, but they might be a bit redundant if there's other interesting players around.
Yes, Mason and Holiday are similar players offensive wise, but I think Holiday is the better defensive player and a couple of inches taller.

Holiday could hold his own against most PGs on the defensive end.

But, I would agree that if there is a long, athletic small forward available at that spot, they may be a better fit, roster wise.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Malik Pope SD State.......has a Rudy Gay type body....has skills, I'd be interested in how he does at the combine. I believe it was 2 years ago that he was touted as a lottery pick but stayed in school and now has gone under the radar.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Malik Pope SD State.......has a Rudy Gay type body....has skills, I'd be interested in how he does at the combine. I believe it was 2 years ago that he was touted as a lottery pick but stayed in school and now has gone under the radar.
Of course there's a reason he's gone under the radar. He came in with the press clippings, and while he is having his best year this year, one could easily argue that he should be better than he is. If I had to choose between him and Keita Bates-Diop, it would be an easy decision. Diop is the far better player right now, and he plays in a much tougher conference. I wouldn't be surprised if Pope doesn't get drafted. Let me rephrase that. I'll be surprised if he does get drafted.

Justin Tillman of VCU.

He's a new age switch capable 4/5 that is starting to knock down the outside shot. Great energy and is now starting to produce at a high level.