Potential draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, Ignas Brazdeikis might be showing out here in the 5 on 5. He's my number 2 favorite behind Schofield and more in the range of the Kings pick on most mocks. He has size, he's skilled, and he can defend. Somebody sit this kid before he climbs!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Argh, Ignas Brazdeikis might be showing out here in the 5 on 5. He's my number 2 favorite behind Schofield and more in the range of the Kings pick on most mocks. He has size, he's skilled, and he can defend. Somebody sit this kid before he climbs!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He's a tough kid with high BBIQ. That was a hell of a dunk in traffic. He's definitely on my target list. I'm not as high on Schofield as you, but wouldnt be disappointed with him. I think DaQuan Jeffries has more long term upside, and is a similar player, but better defender.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He's a tough kid with high BBIQ. That was a hell of a dunk in traffic. He's definitely on my target list. I'm not as high on Schofield as you, but wouldnt be disappointed with him. I think DaQuan Jeffries has more long term upside, and is a similar player, but better defender.
Jeffries is alright but I think Schofield got a chance to shine against better competition and has developed into a terrific spot shooter. Also, Jeffries clocks in at 215-225, Schofield is 240-250. Both have physical upside but Schofield is a beast. I think there might be a trend developing with the true monsters especially after these playoffs exposed some things.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Jeffries is alright but I think Schofield got a chance to shine against better competition and has developed into a terrific spot shooter. Also, Jeffries clocks in at 215-225, Schofield is 240-250. Both have physical upside but Schofield is a beast. I think there might be a trend developing with the true monsters especially after these playoffs exposed some things.
Well, Schofield has struggled with his weight from time to time, so I don't see the weight necessarily as an advantage. Jeffries is a very muscular player at 215 lbs. Both players are good shooters, but I think Jeffries is a better defender. But really, the bottom line is, I doubt we'll even get a chance at Schofield, where I'm fairly certain that we will get a chance at Jeffries. So I'm trying to be realistic with my targets. So, it's not that I don't like Schofield, I do! I just think he'll be long gone before we pick, unless we move up, and if so, there are others I would take over him depending on the position.

Well, Schofield has struggled with his weight from time to time, so I don't see the weight necessarily as an advantage. Jeffries is a very muscular player at 215 lbs. Both players are good shooters, but I think Jeffries is a better defender. But really, the bottom line is, I doubt we'll even get a chance at Schofield, where I'm fairly certain that we will get a chance at Jeffries. So I'm trying to be realistic with my targets. So, it's not that I don't like Schofield, I do! I just think he'll be long gone before we pick, unless we move up, and if so, there are others I would take over him depending on the position.
True. I wouldn't mind Vlade making moves to try and move up and snag him if possible. The Kings have a ton of future 2nds and honestly, this is a draft where buying into the bottom of the first is very possible. You have teams with multiple picks and the teams that do aren't going to want to spend cap on multiple players that won't even crack their rotation. As for standing pat, Jeffries with one of them is a decent haul.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
What type of player do you guys see Jeffries possibly turning out like? Like a Royce O'Neale/Dorian Finney-Smith type?
Most pundits look at him as a three and D type player, who can guard at least three positions. In college he guarded four positions because of his long arms, and his strength. He is a good shooter, who shot 39% from the three his freshman and sophmore years, and was just a tick under 38% this year. I think he has good enough handles to attack the basket, at least in a straight line. He's a good athlete and a physical player. As I said earlier, his favorite player in the NBA is Kawhi Leonard, and that's who he likens his game after.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Players that I would target, and who also played well in the five on fives at the combine are:

Isaiah Roby: SF/PF - 6'8.5" w/shoes - 7'1" wingspan - 8'10" standing reach - 214 Lbs - 10.63 lane agility - 3.05 shuttle run - 3.21 sprint - 32.5" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I guess the question some would have is what position does he play? I think he can play either the SF or PF position. He's a physical player, who is a decent to good shooter. Something he needs to work on. He's a good rebounder with a nose for the ball. But most of all, he's a very good defender who blocks a lot of shot as a weakside help defender, or as a pursuit defender. I really like him. He's a tough, hustle, hard nosed player, who I think can be a solid bench rotational player.

He played well in both scrimmages especially on day two. Shot the ball better on day one. But you knew he was out there on the floor.

Luka Samanic: SF/PF - 6'11" w/shoes - 6'10.5" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 227 Lbs - 11.01 lane agility - 3.03 shuttle run - 3.23 sprint - 27.0" standing vertical - 38.0" Max vertical.

Samanic really surprised me. Much better athlete than In envisioned. Very smooth and fluid movements. Looked like the best player on the floor at times when he was out there, and that's hard for a big man to do in this kind of environment. He shot the ball well, moved without the ball well. Was able to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket, and showed some advanced footwork around the basket. His performance may have moved him out of our range, but if not, I wouldn't be disappointed with him on the team.

Darius Bazley: SF - 6'9" w/shoes - 7'0" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 208 Lbs - 11.09 lane agility - 2.95 shuttle run - 3.29 sprint - 30.5" standing Vertical - 37.0 Max vertical.

I thought he played well, especially on day two. I think he shook off some of the rust on day one. He was in there banging bodies for rebounds. Shot the ball fairly well from the three, and displayed a nice one foot step back fall away shot from 18 feet. He looked like the longer he played the more comfortable he got. There's definitely some talent there worth investigating. Surprisingly, he didn't look lost out there after not playing last season.

Ignas Brazdeikis: SF - 6'7.25" w/shoes - 6'9.25" wingspan - 8'6" standing reach - 220 Lbs - 11.06 lane agility - 3.17 shuttle run - 3.32 sprint - 31.0" standing vertical - 36.5" Max vertical.

Ignas is a tough kid that is constantly hustling. He's very physical with a nose for the ball. At times he's a bit out of control. Almost looks like his mind is ahead of his body. But he knows when to cut or slide into the open spot on the floor. He appears to have very high BBIQ. He just needs to slow everything down a bit. He turned the ball over a few times, but then had few wow plays that seemed to come from nowhere. As an example, on one play he tried to turn the corner at the top of the freethrow circle, tripped, almost fell down, recovered, and immediately spun to his left, split two defenders and threw down a thunderous dunk. Awesome!

Jalen McDaniels: SF - 6'9.75" w/shoes - 7'0.25" wingspan - 8'9.5" standing reach - 191 Lbs - 11.54 lane agility - 3.28 shuttle run - 3.35 sprint - 29.5" standing vertical - 33.5" Max vertical.

McDaniels didn't play very well on day one, but on day two he came out and looked like a prospect. Scored in a variety of ways, hit some three's, a couple of midrange, and some points at the basket. I'd say he a slightly above average athlete, but he's moves very well. He definitely needs to add some muscle. He's skinny as a rail and one has to wonder if he wouldn't get broken in two by the likes of a Cousins or a Gobert. But despite his slight frame, he's not afraid to go after rebounds. Not my first choice, but there's something there.

Kyle Guy: PG/SG - 6'2.25" w/shoes - 6'4.5" wingspan - 7'11.5" standing reach - 167 Lbs - 10.48 lane agility - 3.06 shuttle run - 3.28 sprint - 30.5" standing vertical - 36.5" Max vertical.

Overall, I thought Guy played fairly well. He shot the ball very well, but then we knew he could shoot the ball. They had him playing the point, which is where he'll likely have to play in the NBA. He's quite capable of bringing the ball up, but it was apparent he lacks the natural instincts of a PG, and is much better playing off the ball. They started trapping him toward the end of the 2nd game, and he really struggled with it, so he has some work to do. But other than that, I can see a future for him in the league.

Dewan Hernandez: PF/C - 6'10.25" w/shoes - 7'1.75" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 232 Lbs - 11.46 lane agility - 3.25 shuttle run - 3.30 sprint - 30.5" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I thought Hernandez played quite well for not having played the previous season. He ran the floor well, showed that he did have a 3pt shot and displayed some nice athleticism as well. He was a pleasant surprise. He needs some development, but I think the reward would be high with him. Don't know if he stays in the draft or not, but there's talent there.

Jaylen Nowell: SG - 6'4.25" w/shoes - 6'7.25" wingspan - 8'2" standing reach - 202 Lbs - 10.76 lane agility - 3.13 shuttle run - 3.13 sprint - 32.0" standing vertical - 38.5" Max vertical.

Nowell played well and shot the ball extremely well, especially on catch and shoot. He has a very effortless shot that he can get off quickly. He did a little bit of everything well, including defense. He moved laterally quite well and seemed to have good anticipation. He might be one of those players that plays better in the NBA than he did in college.

I think that in this kind of format it's difficult to stand out, and all these players found a way to do just that. so kudos to them. I believe all these players could be available when the Kings pick. However I'm just pointing out players that I'm interested in that played. By the way, you don't see Grant Williams name up there and he did play, and he played horribly. I doubt that will affect his draft status, but it's an example of how hard it is to stand out in this kind of scenario.

Two other players I'll post, but who didn't play are players that I would snap up, especially the first one.

Dylan Windler: SF - 6'7.5" w/shoes - 6'10" wingspan - 8'8.5" standing reach - 195 Lbs - 10.70 lane agility - 2.94 shuttle run - 3.25 sprint - 29.0" standing vertical - 37.5" Max vertical.

Dylan is my number one choice. He's a terrific shooter from the three, and can score from the mid-range or at the basket. He's a unbelievable rebounder for his size averaging over 10 boards a game. He's an excellent passer who can play some point forward, and he's a solid defender. Mostly, Dylan is a team guy who is very unselfish with the ball. He finds a way to impact every game he's in, even when his shot isn't falling. I don't know if he'll slide down to us or not, but if he does, I take him and go home happy.

Mfiondu Kabengele: PF/C - 6'10.25" w/shoes - 7'3" wingspan - 9'1.5" standing reach - 256 Lbs - 11.21 lane agility - 3.30 shuttle run - 3.38 sprint - 28.0" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I think Kabengele has a lot of upside left in the tank. He can block shots, and has shown the ability to score away from the basket. He shot 37% from the three last season. He's athletic, and physical, a nice combination. He needs to rebound a little better, but I think he's first rd talent, so if you can snatch first rd talent in the 2nd rd, then well done.

damn bajaden. you really must watch a lot of college hoops. I'm glad you threw in a couple guards in your latest list, they don't seem to get much attention in these draft conversations.

Players that I would target, and who also played well in the five on fives at the combine are:

Isaiah Roby: SF/PF - 6'8.5" w/shoes - 7'1" wingspan - 8'10" standing reach - 214 Lbs - 10.63 lane agility - 3.05 shuttle run - 3.21 sprint - 32.5" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I guess the question some would have is what position does he play? I think he can play either the SF or PF position. He's a physical player, who is a decent to good shooter. Something he needs to work on. He's a good rebounder with a nose for the ball. But most of all, he's a very good defender who blocks a lot of shot as a weakside help defender, or as a pursuit defender. I really like him. He's a tough, hustle, hard nosed player, who I think can be a solid bench rotational player.

He played well in both scrimmages especially on day two. Shot the ball better on day one. But you knew he was out there on the floor.

Luka Samanic: SF/PF - 6'11" w/shoes - 6'10.5" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 227 Lbs - 11.01 lane agility - 3.03 shuttle run - 3.23 sprint - 27.0" standing vertical - 38.0" Max vertical.

Samanic really surprised me. Much better athlete than In envisioned. Very smooth and fluid movements. Looked like the best player on the floor at times when he was out there, and that's hard for a big man to do in this kind of environment. He shot the ball well, moved without the ball well. Was able to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket, and showed some advanced footwork around the basket. His performance may have moved him out of our range, but if not, I wouldn't be disappointed with him on the team.

Darius Bazley: SF - 6'9" w/shoes - 7'0" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 208 Lbs - 11.09 lane agility - 2.95 shuttle run - 3.29 sprint - 30.5" standing Vertical - 37.0 Max vertical.

I thought he played well, especially on day two. I think he shook off some of the rust on day one. He was in there banging bodies for rebounds. Shot the ball fairly well from the three, and displayed a nice one foot step back fall away shot from 18 feet. He looked like the longer he played the more comfortable he got. There's definitely some talent there worth investigating. Surprisingly, he didn't look lost out there after not playing last season.

Ignas Brazdeikis: SF - 6'7.25" w/shoes - 6'9.25" wingspan - 8'6" standing reach - 220 Lbs - 11.06 lane agility - 3.17 shuttle run - 3.32 sprint - 31.0" standing vertical - 36.5" Max vertical.

Ignas is a tough kid that is constantly hustling. He's very physical with a nose for the ball. At times he's a bit out of control. Almost looks like his mind is ahead of his body. But he knows when to cut or slide into the open spot on the floor. He appears to have very high BBIQ. He just needs to slow everything down a bit. He turned the ball over a few times, but then had few wow plays that seemed to come from nowhere. As an example, on one play he tried to turn the corner at the top of the freethrow circle, tripped, almost fell down, recovered, and immediately spun to his left, split two defenders and threw down a thunderous dunk. Awesome!

Jalen McDaniels: SF - 6'9.75" w/shoes - 7'0.25" wingspan - 8'9.5" standing reach - 191 Lbs - 11.54 lane agility - 3.28 shuttle run - 3.35 sprint - 29.5" standing vertical - 33.5" Max vertical.

McDaniels didn't play very well on day one, but on day two he came out and looked like a prospect. Scored in a variety of ways, hit some three's, a couple of midrange, and some points at the basket. I'd say he a slightly above average athlete, but he's moves very well. He definitely needs to add some muscle. He's skinny as a rail and one has to wonder if he wouldn't get broken in two by the likes of a Cousins or a Gobert. But despite his slight frame, he's not afraid to go after rebounds. Not my first choice, but there's something there.

Kyle Guy: PG/SG - 6'2.25" w/shoes - 6'4.5" wingspan - 7'11.5" standing reach - 167 Lbs - 10.48 lane agility - 3.06 shuttle run - 3.28 sprint - 30.5" standing vertical - 36.5" Max vertical.

Overall, I thought Guy played fairly well. He shot the ball very well, but then we knew he could shoot the ball. They had him playing the point, which is where he'll likely have to play in the NBA. He's quite capable of bringing the ball up, but it was apparent he lacks the natural instincts of a PG, and is much better playing off the ball. They started trapping him toward the end of the 2nd game, and he really struggled with it, so he has some work to do. But other than that, I can see a future for him in the league.

Dewan Hernandez: PF/C - 6'10.25" w/shoes - 7'1.75" wingspan - 8'11" standing reach - 232 Lbs - 11.46 lane agility - 3.25 shuttle run - 3.30 sprint - 30.5" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I thought Hernandez played quite well for not having played the previous season. He ran the floor well, showed that he did have a 3pt shot and displayed some nice athleticism as well. He was a pleasant surprise. He needs some development, but I think the reward would be high with him. Don't know if he stays in the draft or not, but there's talent there.

Jaylen Nowell: SG - 6'4.25" w/shoes - 6'7.25" wingspan - 8'2" standing reach - 202 Lbs - 10.76 lane agility - 3.13 shuttle run - 3.13 sprint - 32.0" standing vertical - 38.5" Max vertical.

Nowell played well and shot the ball extremely well, especially on catch and shoot. He has a very effortless shot that he can get off quickly. He did a little bit of everything well, including defense. He moved laterally quite well and seemed to have good anticipation. He might be one of those players that plays better in the NBA than he did in college.

I think that in this kind of format it's difficult to stand out, and all these players found a way to do just that. so kudos to them. I believe all these players could be available when the Kings pick. However I'm just pointing out players that I'm interested in that played. By the way, you don't see Grant Williams name up there and he did play, and he played horribly. I doubt that will affect his draft status, but it's an example of how hard it is to stand out in this kind of scenario.

Two other players I'll post, but who didn't play are players that I would snap up, especially the first one.

Dylan Windler: SF - 6'7.5" w/shoes - 6'10" wingspan - 8'8.5" standing reach - 195 Lbs - 10.70 lane agility - 2.94 shuttle run - 3.25 sprint - 29.0" standing vertical - 37.5" Max vertical.

Dylan is my number one choice. He's a terrific shooter from the three, and can score from the mid-range or at the basket. He's a unbelievable rebounder for his size averaging over 10 boards a game. He's an excellent passer who can play some point forward, and he's a solid defender. Mostly, Dylan is a team guy who is very unselfish with the ball. He finds a way to impact every game he's in, even when his shot isn't falling. I don't know if he'll slide down to us or not, but if he does, I take him and go home happy.

Mfiondu Kabengele: PF/C - 6'10.25" w/shoes - 7'3" wingspan - 9'1.5" standing reach - 256 Lbs - 11.21 lane agility - 3.30 shuttle run - 3.38 sprint - 28.0" standing vertical - 35.5" Max vertical.

I think Kabengele has a lot of upside left in the tank. He can block shots, and has shown the ability to score away from the basket. He shot 37% from the three last season. He's athletic, and physical, a nice combination. He needs to rebound a little better, but I think he's first rd talent, so if you can snatch first rd talent in the 2nd rd, then well done.
Great list though I don’t think Windler or Samanic make it to 40.... if they did I would grab either. Roby at 40 would be my target in hopes of providing depth on the wing. I would go Bazley at 45 and expect him to play in Stockton. Lastly I would go with Guy at the point for 60.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Great list though I don’t think Windler or Samanic make it to 40.... if they did I would grab either. Roby at 40 would be my target in hopes of providing depth on the wing. I would go Bazley at 45 and expect him to play in Stockton. Lastly I would go with Guy at the point for 60.
Sadly, I suspect your right about neither of them sliding to us. But one can hope. My nightmare is one them making it to 39 and getting picked.

Sadly, I suspect your right about neither of them sliding to us. But one can hope. My nightmare is one them making it to 39 and getting picked.
I think Roby might be a great get. We need a defensive stopper who doesn’t demand the ball to be happy and Roby fits that bill very well. With Fox, Bagley and Hield lots of shots will be taken already.

Given we are drafting late, I think we need to focus on length and defense. We tend to be positionally small at the wings with Hield and Barnes and Bogdan. Neither have a 7 ft plus wingspan.

Plus defenders with height/length would be:
Roby: 6’ 7.5. 7’ 1”
Bazley: 6’ 7.75. 7’ 0”

Dewan Hernandez, formerly known as Dewan Huell, is a player I believe the Kings wont touch with 1,000 foot pole. I have a strong suspicion he's a jackass, and not the type of guy Vlade wants here aka redflagged for character concerns.... He was arrested on campus as a freshman... I suspect thats part of the reason he changed his name...

He does have nice tools, but I'd be absolutely shocked, like moreso than most any other name u could pull out of a hat, if he's selected by us. He doesn't offer us the upside (and MArvin is better at everything) to take on that kind of reclamation project, and tht kid is a project for sure, he is also rail thin....

I think that kid is kinda dim...

I hope we're looking at a player that could have an immediate impact on the team. The player that comes to mind for me is Admiral Schofield. He's older than most people in the draft and had an nba-ready body. I think he'd fit in real good in our team and organization.
Probably he'll get picked earlier than our picks (probably early second round) so i hope we can trade our 3 picks to whatever team he gets drafted by. I don't really know what to do with 3 late round picks at this moment in time for our Kings.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I hope we're looking at a player that could have an immediate impact on the team. The player that comes to mind for me is Admiral Schofield. He's older than most people in the draft and had an nba-ready body. I think he'd fit in real good in our team and organization.
Probably he'll get picked earlier than our picks (probably early second round) so i hope we can trade our 3 picks to whatever team he gets drafted by. I don't really know what to do with 3 late round picks at this moment in time for our Kings.
First off, remember we're talking about 2nd rd picks, not lottery picks. Most teams hope that their lottery pick will have immediate impact. It's a bit of a pipe dream to have that hope for a 2nd rd pick. Not saying it's not possible, but I think one has to temper his expectations. That said, if that is what your looking for, a player that can play sooner than later, then you have to target 3rd or 4th year college players. Which is why I've targeted Dylan Windler.

I know everyone is in love with Admiral Schofield, but we have to be realistic. He's likely to go in the bottom of the 1st rd, or at worse, the very top of the 2nd rd. So I'm not going to spend my time talking about a player that in all likely hood won't be available. I might as well talk about how great a fit Jarrett Culver would be on our team.

As for trading up, there are better players than Schofield I'd trade up for. Where do we have a need? At backup PG, backup SF, and possibly at center. I don't see a glaring need at SG. So if I'm going to trade up, which might include losing an asset, it would be to fill a need. Like targeting a player like Ty Jerome, a 6'5" PG who is also a good defender. If we let Willie walk, then even if we sign a player like Dedmon to replace him, we still need to acquire a young player for the future to develop at that position. Like Bol Bol.

I'd love to acquire Jaxson Hayes, but were talking about a lottery pick and the price would be too high, if even possible. By the way, I'll tell you one little secret about both Schofield and Grant Williams. Both players have struggled when guarded by size, especially Williams who isn't known for his max vertical. Just go back and watch the first Kentucky/Tennessee game as an example. One thing the Admiral has going for him though is his outside shot, although I'm interested to see if he's able to create in the NBA like he did in college.

First off, remember we're talking about 2nd rd picks, not lottery picks. Most teams hope that their lottery pick will have immediate impact. It's a bit of a pipe dream to have that hope for a 2nd rd pick. Not saying it's not possible, but I think one has to temper his expectations. That said, if that is what your looking for, a player that can play sooner than later, then you have to target 3rd or 4th year college players. Which is why I've targeted Dylan Windler.

I know everyone is in love with Admiral Schofield, but we have to be realistic. He's likely to go in the bottom of the 1st rd, or at worse, the very top of the 2nd rd. So I'm not going to spend my time talking about a player that in all likely hood won't be available. I might as well talk about how great a fit Jarrett Culver would be on our team.

As for trading up, there are better players than Schofield I'd trade up for. Where do we have a need? At backup PG, backup SF, and possibly at center. I don't see a glaring need at SG. So if I'm going to trade up, which might include losing an asset, it would be to fill a need. Like targeting a player like Ty Jerome, a 6'5" PG who is also a good defender. If we let Willie walk, then even if we sign a player like Dedmon to replace him, we still need to acquire a young player for the future to develop at that position. Like Bol Bol.

I'd love to acquire Jaxson Hayes, but were talking about a lottery pick and the price would be too high, if even possible. By the way, I'll tell you one little secret about both Schofield and Grant Williams. Both players have struggled when guarded by size, especially Williams who isn't known for his max vertical. Just go back and watch the first Kentucky/Tennessee game as an example. One thing the Admiral has going for him though is his outside shot, although I'm interested to see if he's able to create in the NBA like he did in college.
With a starting 5 of Fox, Buddy, Barnes, Bagley, FA.... Giles, Bogdanovic, Beli, Yogi not sure Schofield will have many chances to create a shot. What we do need is someone who can play perimeter D in that second group. Bogi and Yogi are too small... Beli and Giles foot speed is too slow.

I don’t care who if they are long and can defend the perimeter. Just give us 10 minutes without being a sieve at 3 and grab a board or 2. The interesting question is do you take Fall at 45 if only to guard the in-bound pass late in games.

Last edited:
Given we are drafting late, I think we need to focus on length and defense. We tend to be positionally small at the wings with Hield and Barnes and Bogdan. Neither have a 7 ft plus wingspan.

Roby screams small ball PF to me, Bazley too. I don't see either as a true wing. Similar to a poor mans Aaron Gordan where they can handle the ball but wing skills otherwise are somewhat limited. The Kings have plenty of length with Heild, Bogdan, and Barnes. Hield is good for a SG, Bogdan has a huge wingspan for his height, and Barnes is fine.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Maybe I'm nit picking, but I like to post players height with shoes, since they don't play in their bare feet, and so they don't get confused with other players height that's listed with shoes. For instance most people list Bogdanovic as 6'6.25", which is in his shoes. So Bazley at 6'7.75" doesn't seem that much taller, when in fact he's 6'9" in shoes. Roby is 6'8.5" in shoes.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Roby screams small ball PF to me, Bazley too. I don't see either as a true wing. Similar to a poor mans Aaron Gordan where they can handle the ball but wing skills otherwise are somewhat limited. The Kings have plenty of length with Heild, Bogdan, and Barnes. Hield is good for a SG, Bogdan has a huge wingspan for his height, and Barnes is fine.
First, I think Roby can play SF as well as some PF. Plus, I think Roby will be a far better 3pt shooter than Gordon is. Roby shot 40% from the three his sophmore year, then dipped to 33% this past season, but mostly by getting off to a poor start. His last ten games of the season he shot 39.3% from the three. Lets not forget that Gordon was a high 1st rd pick, and were talking 2nd round for Roby, who could eventually end up being a better player than Gordon. I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of Gordon's.

Look the main reason I like Roby is for his hustle, and defense. He averaged around 1.3 steals a game and almost 2 blocks a game. I can't speak with any authority on Bazley because all I have to go on at this point are two five on five games at the combine. But he did impress me, especially in game two. He looks like a player with potential who could turn out to be something more than a bench rotational player. I'm not sure how you can pass judgement on Bazley since you really haven't seen enough of him playing to know what he's capable of.

But defensively, you can't compare either Roby or Bazley to Buddy as far as matchup's go. Buddy is 6'5" in shoes with a 8'5" standing reach, while Bazley is 6'9" in shoes with a 8'11" standing reach. Ditto Roby! Hell, Windler has a 8'8.5" standing reach. We can debate whether Roby or Bazley is a SF or a PF till the cows come in, but in truth we won't know until we see them play the position. Gerald Wallace played center in college. That didn't mean he was a center! That's the same scenario Roby was in. Sometimes you just happen to be the tallest player on your team. Matt Barnes played center in highschool.

I freaking hate labels!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm nit picking, but I like to post players height with shoes, since they don't play in their bare feet, and so they don't get confused with other players height that's listed with shoes. For instance most people list Bogdanovic as 6'6.25", which is in his shoes. So Bazley at 6'7.75" doesn't seem that much taller, when in fact he's 6'9" in shoes. Roby is 6'8.5" in shoes.
Yeah when quoting height I prefer using skin since skin width doesn’t vary like shoe sole depth. For example, my son who is a 6’ 5.5 water polo player took a pick with Bogdan and was a good inch taller than him. Bogdan is maybe 6’ 4.5.

First, I think Roby can play SF as well as some PF. Plus, I think Roby will be a far better 3pt shooter than Gordon is. Roby shot 40% from the three his sophmore year, then dipped to 33% this past season, but mostly by getting off to a poor start. His last ten games of the season he shot 39.3% from the three. Lets not forget that Gordon was a high 1st rd pick, and were talking 2nd round for Roby, who could eventually end up being a better player than Gordon. I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of Gordon's.

Look the main reason I like Roby is for his hustle, and defense. He averaged around 1.3 steals a game and almost 2 blocks a game. I can't speak with any authority on Bazley because all I have to go on at this point are two five on five games at the combine. But he did impress me, especially in game two. He looks like a player with potential who could turn out to be something more than a bench rotational player. I'm not sure how you can pass judgement on Bazley since you really haven't seen enough of him playing to know what he's capable of.

But defensively, you can't compare either Roby or Bazley to Buddy as far as matchup's go. Buddy is 6'5" in shoes with a 8'5" standing reach, while Bazley is 6'9" in shoes with a 8'11" standing reach. Ditto Roby! Hell, Windler has a 8'8.5" standing reach. We can debate whether Roby or Bazley is a SF or a PF till the cows come in, but in truth we won't know until we see them play the position. Gerald Wallace played center in college. That didn't mean he was a center! That's the same scenario Roby was in. Sometimes you just happen to be the tallest player on your team. Matt Barnes played center in highschool.

I freaking hate labels!
Can I agree with both of you??.....

Roby and Bazley currently don’t have the handles or offense to be a full time 3. But I’m not really looking for that in a 2nd round pick. I want what Boston got from Semi. Someone who can give 10 minutes of good switchable defense and occasionally hit a corner 3.

BTW. We are close to long enough on the wing. It’s why our small ball line-up got killed and why we don’t have a decent back-up to Barnes and have to keep playing Bogi out of position.

Roby and Bazley currently don’t have the handles or offense to be a full time 3. But I’m not really looking for that in a 2nd round pick. I want what Boston got from Semi. Someone who can give 10 minutes of good switchable defense and occasionally hit a corner 3.

BTW. We are close to long enough on the wing. It’s why our small ball line-up got killed and why we don’t have a decent back-up to Barnes and have to keep playing Bogi out of position.
I was just going to say from the clips I just watched of Roby thought he had pretty good handles. That along with great wingspan and known defensive presence I would be happy to pick him up in the 2nd round. There is generally a jewel or two in the 2nd besides I am a Cornhusker at heart, although football mostly.

I would have liked to see the Kings small ball team coached like a small ball team last year. It's too hard to even know what they were honestly. Again, when Joerger went small he seemed to want to overpower teams even more which was such a WTF move.

Status
Not open for further replies.