Portland trading Kent Bazemore to the Kings

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't think a Yogi buyout makes much sense for the Kings. I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that we bring him back next year if he can't find a legit backup spot, but for now, he's our only real option as a third-string PG (as I don't imagine Guy is ready for that job). One injury and we'd be scrambling quite a bit, even though we could fill some of that time with Bogi.

I like what Bazemore brings to the team on the defensive end and just his energy all around but I just can't help but think that we have a player who is 7 years younger that could potentially do everything Bazemore does and then potentially a lot more in the future. But for whatever reason, he's not allowed off the bench anymore despite looking pretty darn good for a rookie 2nd rounder.

I like what Bazemore brings to the team on the defensive end and just his energy all around but I just can't help but think that we have a player who is 7 years younger that could potentially do everything Bazemore does and then potentially a lot more in the future. But for whatever reason, he's not allowed off the bench anymore despite looking pretty darn good for a rookie 2nd rounder.
You don't play a rookie 2nd rounder over a proven player like Bazemore. Now, a question could be raised as to why Waltons first option is to go with Yogi in a 3 guard lineup when the logical choice is to bring that size JJ provides at SG in that small ball lineup. Yogi does OK at times but real small ball teams will eat the Kings 3 small guard lineup alive at some point.

You don't play a rookie 2nd rounder over a proven player like Bazemore. Now, a question could be raised as to why Waltons first option is to go with Yogi in a 3 guard lineup when the logical choice is to bring that size JJ provides at SG in that small ball lineup. Yogi does OK at times but real small ball teams will eat the Kings 3 small guard lineup alive at some point.
Why would you play Bazemore? Going after a 32 win season keeps the team in the same purgatory it's always in.