Poll: How many wins next year?

How many wins will we have next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If most of out player play 70+ games and we don't win 45+ games Cousins not who we thought he was. And I'm the biggest Boogie fan I think he's a top 3 player we will be the the 6th seed. Way better than Jazz, Dallas, and NO depending on matchup we can win the 1st round. I think we would beat the clippers, rockets, and Memphis in a series.

41-45. Increasing your win total by 12+ games is crazy difficult in the NBA. Its certainly possible as we've seen, but if we got above .500, that's a pretty serious accomplishment.

It's put up or shut up time for the main players on our team. Karl has no excuses about a lackluster roster. Neither does Cuz or Rudy. There's more than enough defense/playoff experience vets on this team now that there's no more excuse for our 2. It's not playoffs or bust for me this year, but if we aren't playing meaningful basketball the last 10 games, there's no hiding the failure of the roster.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
What's interesting is Vlade is assembling more of a halfcourt style roster. Sure WCS can get out on breaks but Rondo isn't really an up and down, push the tempo PG. Marco isn't all that athletic. His success, as with most shooters comes through half court sets/spacing. Koufas, well he probably needs a good 10 secs to get to the other end of the floor.

This roster makes sense around Cuz. It's also Vlade forcing Karl to adapt his coaching style. I have a theory that Vlade is setting Karl up either to alter his style/philosophy to this roster or he'll have a clear and valid reason to fire him. The excuse "I'm running more to maximize a lack of talent" won't be there with this squad.

What's interesting is Vlade is assembling more of a halfcourt style roster. Sure WCS can get out on breaks but Rondo isn't really an up and down, push the tempo PG. Marco isn't all that athletic. His success, as with most shooters comes through half court sets/spacing. Koufas, well he probably needs a good 10 secs to get to the other end of the floor.

This roster makes sense around Cuz. It's also Vlade forcing Karl to adapt his coaching style. I have a theory that Vlade is setting Karl up either to alter his style/philosophy to this roster or he'll have a clear and valid reason to fire him. The excuse "I'm running more to maximize a lack of talent" won't be there with this squad.
The good news too with Koufos signing is we'll never be without a rim protector on the floor. Even when we're small, one of Koufos, WCS or Boogie will always be at C. That's insanely strong and something most teams can't do.

The defensive potential of our bigs is absolutely crazy. If WCS comes as advertised defensively, there isn't a better defensive bigs rotation in the game. Insane turn-around after we trotted out sieve after sieve last season.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I went 41-45....seems right but maybe could be more.....I like the makeup of the team and there are many guys who should have a chip on their shoulder as well as Karl.

Cuz- continually being doubted by national media for behavior and ability to lead team.
Gay- people want to define him for his stint in Toronto but he's so much better than that.
Rondo- a chance to prove people wrong.
Collison- with the Rondo signing, I'm sure he feels slighted but he can be a great 6th man for us.

Karl- got dumped by Denver after a great season, a basketball savant, this is his end game to his career. Vlade is providing him with a talented roster, even though it may not be the roster he wanted, I have no doubt that he's going to make it work and finish his career on a high note. He doesn't want this to finish in a disaster of egos and in-fighting that tears it apart. Would be a terrible way to end his career.

i think we'll push to better the 61 win season we had in 01-02 :D

though seriously buy in is very important here. We've made good moves that make sense. We need buy in from all parties to push forward. This is what we make it now. As a franchise our time is now

What is beautiful is that we are playing to our strengths and reinforcing them. Karl needs to follow suit and i hope he does. We need to be all in this together and Karl can do great things for us if he lets himself adapt

i am very much looking forward to us re establishing ourselves as the best team in California and the pacific.

Can not wait for Demarcus to dominate Hibbert and the Lakers, The DeAndre sans Clippers, Bogut and the Warriors and that soft Suns front line.

Ohh Boogie just look at us now son. time to let the cat amongst the pigeons

I guarantee you the Kings will win more games than the Jazz next season.
In fact, I'll bet you that they will.
No need to antagonize him. He created a thread in regards to our spirits on this board, beginning it rather nicely, and then proceeded to throw it all away by sneaking in a comment saying he doesn't think it will translate to additional wins. There is only one thing that could have spurred him to start that thread, well 2 things actually. 1) Jealousy (the Jazz have done squat this offseason, though I admit they have a decent team) and 2) Worry, worry as in worrying that we may actually be not just decent this season, but good, which is what led to the jealousy. It's easy to befriend people when they are down, but when they rise up is when the snarky and sneaky comments come to light.

This is the start of something for us, possibly special and remains to be seen, and I refuse to let a Jazz fan rain on my parade. I've earned this happy feeling, we all have. There has been so much doom and gloom the last 8-10 years that this is like drinking the elixir of youth for me, reminding me why I became a fan in the first place.

This is the start of something for us, possibly special and remains to be seen, and I refuse to let a Jazz fan rain on my parade. I've earned this happy feeling, we all have. There has been so much doom and gloom the last 8-10 years that this is like drinking the elixir of youth for me, reminding me why I became a fan in the first place.
Cheers!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i am very much looking forward to us re establishing ourselves as the best team in California and the pacific.

Can not wait for Demarcus to dominate Hibbert and the Lakers, The DeAndre sans Clippers, Bogut and the Warriors and that soft Suns front line.

Check my signature (the part fr0m Fat Panther). I just hope Boogie does it in Sleep Train in front of the assembled masses of Kings fans who have waited far too long to shake the old barn the way we used to.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: The discussion with npliam about the Utah Jazz has been split out and moved to the NBA forum. :)

Calling my shot- 54- 7th seed. Some of the west have made moves, which, like ours, on paper look like winners and should keep them in contention. Others have not and appear to have lost a step. We have NEVER unleashed the beast with any modicum of support, we are attempting to do that now. This might just be the season Boogie breaks the NBA as predicted.
I was ridiculed for making a 56 win projection way back in 00-01, because it was such a huge leap. We ended with 54, so not too bad=) I have the same feeling about this team, the beginning of something special.

Last edited:
I went with the 41-45, but that was my very conservative estimation. My gut feeling says that WCS will be the sensation of this season and the Kings will be around 4-6th seed for the playoffs. The Kings now have the structure to win in multiple ways. The Kings also look much stronger to sustain injuries. The bench is much longer. Looks really good right now.

The Kings have their star and a borderline-star. The hardest part of building a championship team is done. They have a pass-first PG to get the ball to those two players. They have at least one great distance shooter and possibly two if the efficiency we saw from Ben can continue and maybe even improve. They have Kosta and Willie to be rim protectors as well as guys like Darren and Omri to play hard and smart off the bench. If this team can gel quickly (I believe they can because of the close relationship that some of these guys already have) they can easily be a playoff team.

Remember, the Kings started 9-6 and then for sure after the All-Star break it was full-on tank mode. Therefore, essentially, the absolute worst this team could have been was a 30-win team. Would it be safe to say that last year, if Boogie never got sick and Darren never got hurt and this front office never fired Malone and they decided not to tank, that they could have won 12 more games? I give non-tanking at least 3-4 games, keeping Malone at least 3-4 games, Darren staying healthy at least 3-4 games, and Boogie staying healthy at least 3-4 games. Everyone staying healthy with Malone and no tanking combined is worth at least 12 games to me, especially when the team started as well as they did against as brutal of a schedule as they did.

If we give the Kings 12 more wins last year, they are basically a .500 team. With that in mind, add Rajon Rondo in a contact year looking to get paid. Rondo knows as well as anyone that the PG is not just courted for his stats but for how much better they make the team. Rondo is looking for assists and wins. I believe he can deliver both. Marco adds a desperately needed shooter but no defense. However, the spacing that he provides for Cousins cannot be properly quantified. It will not be as easy to double-team Cousins, especially if Ben AND Marco are on the floor. Kosta and WCS are leaps and bounds better than Landry/JT/Evans. Landry's scoring, when healthy, off the bench from the PF position will be missed but I believe that it will be replaced with SG and SF scoring.

All of that should add to being around the 5th seed. However, it is hard to make a 20-game jump in one season. I believe the Suns did it a couple of years ago, so it is not impossible, but I voted for 42 wins. That puts us at .500 and I believe with the will-to-win within Karl, Rajon, and Boogie, with the playoff experience that Marco, Rudy, Rajon, and Kosta have, they willl push us into the 8th seed. Therefore, I predict PLAYOFFS!

Ask me this question after summer camp and we see what our final roster looks like. It is far too early to tell what this team has. I was overly optimistic last season (and for good reason... till Malone was dismissed). They will need to show me some continuity with the new pieces they have and the pieces they have yet to acquire. But I will hazard the guess of 42+ wins. Just because they have stirred the pot and you cant keep serving the same recipe with different ingredients....

Pure delusion.

I agree 100% ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.