Point Guard(s)

Sam Amick is reporting that the Suns have dropped their asking price for Brandon Knight to just an expiring contract and a high second-round pick.

Well, we've got both. I love Tyreke, but let's face it, his health is not going to allow him to return to form. So he's best viewed as an expiring contract. Hint hint.

Brandon Knight is not my fantasy for the Kings PG of the future. But between him and Ty Lawson, I think we would be serviceable at PG for the next season or two while we look for or develop the long-term solution.

That would make it easier to swallow the suggested trade of Collison, who is currently our best active player, for a first round pick.

For those of you thinking Galloway can be part of our PG solution, please read up on him. He's got defense and can get hot, but he's a chucker with a low shooting percentage and can't pass the ball. I hope, however, that he proves me wrong.

I think he's definitely worth an expiring and a second-rounder, obviously, but if he sticks around through the whole rebuild, he'll be about 30 years old when we are ready to win.

I don't see the point of getting Knight now.
I would not have minded if we had traded DC (in a separate deal). Eat his contract. Give him some minutes and usage to increase his value. Ship him out in the off-season or next TDL for some assets. We need to gather as many assets as possible, ala 76ers. Sit on them and hope the investment pays off.

...But Vlade gonna Vlade.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
don't worry guys, you still have all the PGs you had when you had Boogie. + Galloway. + Reke.

No need for anymore changes. you are set. No need to even play the new Steph Curry since you have about 15 guards.