Pistons-Cavs (game 6)

2 point game right now with 3 minutes left in the 1st half.
I thought it was interesting that Chauncey called a player's meeting for the first time in quite a while. They didn't divulge any details but I'm thinking they're not as confident as they say they are. They did say their intensity is not as high as it should be.

Pistons defense has stepped up in the 4th. Currently up by 2 with 5.30 left.
Cavs killing them on points in the paint 40-18. FT% for Pistons is only 55%, that's not helping them.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hell, I'm not even sure the Pistons are better than the Cavs anymore. Remember the Cavs have been doing this without the guy who was supposed to be their 2nd best player. 2002 Kings/Lakers?

Bricklayer said:
Hell, I'm not even sure the Pistons are better than the Cavs anymore. Remember the Cavs have been doing this without the guy who was supposed to be their 2nd best player. 2002 Kings/Lakers?
I didn't even watch the game until the last 2 minutes. Did Hughes not play??? I thought he would be back for game 6??

Wow, the Cavs had so many chances. Too bad they lost, seriously too too bad. Its not the Pistons' problem they lost. They were doing what they needed to stay alive. Oh man, how many chances they had.. for game 7 they definitely need to imrpove on defense & rebounding. It was horrible how they let the Pistons get those rebounds. GO Cavs

I like this series. Its very interesting, and fun to watch. I'm hoping for the Cavs in game 7. They deserve a chance to the ECF. Someone who hasn't won in the past 10 years or at all. GO CAVS !!!

I just hope the Cavs play the Pistons this well in Game 7. All they need is a shot to win the game at the end since they have the best player on the floor among the two teams.

Man, what a game... another fun one. Tons of wildness through out it all, especially in the 4th. Cavs blew it with their rebounding and few too many TOs.

GAME SEVEN.

Bricklayer

Game 7 should be the Pistons blowout. That's the way these things normally work -- underdog comes close in the series, gets a little deflated about a Game 7, thinks they've done enough to be respectable, and the home favorites put it away.

But as I've mentioned before, those rules don't always seem to apply with LeBron's Cavs, so we'll see. Hughes should be back -- inspiration? Or distraction?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ugh...

From the clutch time I have watched, Big Z has been nothing but a benefit for the Pistons.

His reaction times on rebounds have been atrocuios...He can't box out Big Ben because Ben slides around him with absolute ease...

I really think Gooden should be in there...He's so much quicker to the ball than Z.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Props to the Cavs on a good series eaither way... this team is improving by leaps and bounds... next season they may well be THE team to beat in the East.

Ryle said:
Up by 3 so what do you do???? FOUL. Not a big fan of Flip Saunders as a coach but his team seemed to know what to do.
I'm not sure the foul was deliberate. The player seemed upset that a foul was called. James threw a bad pass that his teammate had to slide toward the end line to get. It would have been a tough shot, though it would have tied the game.

Rasheed was solid, but he did what he could to lose the game with his inexplicable three point attempt and his two free throw misses. Even Billups missed a free through.

Was Flip Murray trying to one hand a rebound for effect?

Bricklayer

KevinMartin'sShotDoctor said:
I'm not sure the foul was deliberate. The player seemed upset that a foul was called.
1) h, looked pretty ticky tack for an intentions (in fact when it disadvantages the ofensive team ont hat sort of play, I don't think the refs should even call that stuff unless its clearly intentional),

2) there were also 1.3seconds left or whatever -- entirely different situation than the one not so slyly being referenced here. You didn't se the Pistons fouling the Cavs with 5+ seconds to go.

bibbyweb said:
Ohh never thought about that:rolleyes: But if that was the case he did not even need to be suited up for the game.
Larry said that he wanted to show support for his team(by suiting up), but didn't want to interrupt the flow they had going. I think he's going to play Sunday.