Phil Jackson new Lakers coach!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'll repeat my self over here, cause that's where everyone's gonna be posting.

Phil is such a hypocrite...I hate it.

If you'da read his book you would actually think he was serious about not wanting to coach "uncoachable" Kobe again.

Screw this up too Kobe, I want Phil to SUFFER.

SLAB said:
I'll repeat my self over here, cause that's where everyone's gonna be posting.

Phil is such a hypocrite...I hate it.

If you'da read his book you would actually think he was serious about not wanting to coach "uncoachable" Kobe again.
$

Phil's unique, but he still has human motivations. That's why I always disagreed when anyone said he would never return just because of Kobe. He wants to make more coin before retiring. The spotlight and the relevancy of the position "Laker head coach" he eats up as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OH MY GOD!

Talk about a surprise! I'm shocked and stunned! Who could possibly have seen this one coming?

Am I the only one picturing the scene of Bobby Ewing in the shower on "Dallas," telling his wife he just had the strangest dream?

:rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
OH MY GOD!

Talk about a surprise! I'm shocked and stunned! Who could possibly have seen this one coming?

Am I the only one picturing the scene of Bobby Ewing in the shower on "Dallas," telling his wife he just had the strangest dream?

:rolleyes:
Yes VF21, one hopes that you are indeed the only one on the board currently picturing Patrick Duffy standing naked in the shower. ;) :eek:

T

thesanityannex

Thank god he went back to the Lakers because some of my hate left when Phil left.

The Hate Is Now In Full Force. May the force be with you.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
OH MY!!!! I am so shocked...

NOT!!!!!!!

The Lakers deserve that jerk. It will be fun hating the Lakers again...

Oh wait...

I NEVER STOPPED HATING THE LAKERS!! :D

A

AriesMar27

damn it... i live in los angeles... i dont want to see this happen... the clippers were just starting to become a decent team.... they could be the west coast baby bulls next season.... but now since phil is back the lakers will probably be better than the clippers..... damn it....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Insomniacal Fan said:
Didn't somebody shoot him?
That was JR, Bobby's older brother...played by Capt. Nelson of "I Dream of Jeanie" fame.

OMG! And Phil Jackson's girlfriend is named Jeanie!

:eek:

T

thesanityannex

I can smell the scent of Nag Champa down here in L.A., Phil Jackson must be back. I need to vomit.

Gargamel said:
Hey, whatever helps you win your titles. :)
hey let's face it. the greatest floppers of all time have either played in LA or play for them now.

derrick fischer and vlade!!

and we all know what helps the lakers win theirs!!;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reminder: Just because Phil Jackson is back on the Lakers, we aren't going to let discussions dissolve into smack.

Thank you.

I've said this before about Phil Jackson and Kobe. I read Phil's book and he slams Kobe for essentially being selfish, immature and narcissitic.

I just don't see those two personalities coexisting at this point. But, I guess that is the great challenge for the Zen master!;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
G_M said:
I've said this before about Phil Jackson and Kobe. I read Phil's book and he slams Kobe for essentially being selfish, immature and narcissitic.

I just don't see those two personalities coexisting at this point. But, I guess that is the great challenge for the Zen master!;)
I don't see it as a thing between Phil and Kobe. Personally, I think Dr. Buss sent a very loud message today by rehiring Jackson. I think he pretty much made it clear that he considers Jackson to be more important and valuable to the future of the Lakers than Kobe Bryant. I'm going to be watching with interest to see how this plays out.

If Kobe doesn't "worship at the feet of the Zen Master," is he going to become one of the most expensive pieces of trade bait ever? The Lakers could pretty much rebuild their entire team if they moved Kobe's salary. They're clearly in rebuild mode, so just how much of the old are they going to keep? Or, as I'm wondering, are they taking it down to the foundation and totally starting over?

It could get very interesting in LA this season.

VF21 said:
I don't see it as a thing between Phil and Kobe. Personally, I think Dr. Buss sent a very loud message today by rehiring Jackson. I think he pretty much made it clear that he considers Jackson to be more important and valuable to the future of the Lakers than Kobe Bryant. I'm going to be watching with interest to see how this plays out.

If Kobe doesn't "worship at the feet of the Zen Master," is he going to become one of the most expensive pieces of trade bait ever? The Lakers could pretty much rebuild their entire team if they moved Kobe's salary. They're clearly in rebuild mode, so just how much of the old are they going to keep? Or, as I'm wondering, are they taking it down to the foundation and totally starting over?

It could get very interesting in LA this season.
I dont think the Zen Master came back to LA knowing that they may trade Kobe and start from the very bottom. He wants his 10th ring and knows Kobe is a very important piece.