Peja!!

Look, he's had plenty of time off. This whole trade IMO, and everyone elses opinion around the league, is because of him. Peja you have to play Saturday. We need you to step up. I am not flaming anybody, but let's not be naive. This is about Peja and the Kings, he needs to step up and step up big. Flu-like symptoms and a sore hammi aren't going to cut it. Peja we need you. I have faith in you. The fans have faith in you. Step up! We need you.

KP said:
Look, he's had plenty of time off. This whole trade IMO, and everyone elses opinion around the league, is because of him. Peja you have to play Saturday. We need you to step up. I am not flaming anybody, but let's not be naive. This is about Peja and the Kings, he needs to step up and step up big. Flu-like symptoms and a sore hammi aren't going to cut it. Peja we need you. I have faith in you. The fans have faith in you. Step up! We need you.
it's put up or shut up time for him..he got his wish now it's no more baby time with injuries and not stepping up...i want the MVP Peja....none of this "i hope we can make the playoffs" quote he made on tnt when they asked him about the trade. we know what he is capable of and he can do alot more we all know it and so does he.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If he is unhealthy he shouldn't play. We had a hobbled Webb for so long, we don't need a hobbled Peja.

But I agree, Its time to step it up Peja!!

Hey! Let Peja take all the rest he needs. It's not like we're competing for the Pacific Division title. There is no point in rushing him back -- it only serves to aggravate any injury he maybe carrying. When he is ready and free from injury, we will see how good the Kings are.

coolhandluke said:
Hey! Let Peja take all the rest he needs. It's not like we're competing for the Pacific Division title. There is no point in rushing him back -- it only serves to aggravate any injury he maybe carrying. When he is ready and free from injury, we will see how good the Kings are.
Yeah why even play the rest of the year we aren't going to do anything anyways... rest all you want Peja.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well how can the team help but be inspired by the guy who responded to questions about the loss of Webber by saying, "We are just going to go out there and TRY and make the play offs."

Last edited:
HndsmCelt said:
Well how can the team help but be inspired by the guy who responded to questions about the loss of Webber by saying, "We are just going to go out there and TRY and amke the paly offs."
Thank you Celt. Peja has got to take a stand... sooner rather than later.

Peja's going to come back, and come back with a vengance. It is rumored among the wee folk that before Master Webber left the Land of the Sacrament-o, he said to Peja, "Young Master-Sensai Stojokavich, you must be wise as you are courageous. Great tempests and trials lie ahead, but you must be stronger and more feroucious than them all. Unleash your passion and you will find the strength to lead this Kingdom to power and glory never before known." With that Master Webber disapeared and began his quest to find The Answer. Master-Sensai Stojakavich stood in contemplation for a moment, and fire grew in his eyes....

Last edited:
HndsmCelt said:
Well how can the team help but be inspired by the guy who responded to questions about the loss of Webber by saying, "We are just going to go out there and TRY and amke the paly offs."
yeah, a little different from Webb saying after the Hawks game that nothing short of a championship was good enough... damn... I really miss him already.

Kev.in said:
Peja needs to be in uniform Saturday night and he needs to put in a strong performance, something like 27 and 7.
Well seeing Webbs history we know he is gonna put up big numbers. He always does against former teams.

Would love Peja to play and put up a double double or even a trip D.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BigWaxer said:
Whoa there! :D

I'd more than settle for the 27 and 7. Career night is not necessary.

Of course I still have some mixed feelings about Peja comign abck magically strong -- that's just got slimy written all over it. In some ways it would be better for Sacto's opinion of him if he came back and kept on struggling.

KP said:
Real talk KP

Bricklayer said:
that's just got slimy written all over it. In some ways it would be better for Sacto's opinion of him if he came back and kept on struggling.
I am feeling the same. Thought the same if he came back tonight also vs next game. That is almost KOBE style action

BigWaxer said:
I am ready to see Peja. I am a big Peja and Webb supporter so IMO its PEJAVU!
i agree

PEJAVU i like that as much as Ice Ice Bibby...i forget who came up with that

i think Peja will play come Saturday but i wouldn't be surprised if he stays out one more game

BigWaxer said:
Well seeing Webbs history we know he is gonna put up big numbers. He always does against former teams.

Let's not get silly, here.

I think, personally, that Saturday's game is going to be ugly on both sides.

Six different players trying to play with their new team for the first time, AGAINST their old team?? That's crazy! I'm just hoping that no one passes to the wrong person, goes to the wrong bench, showers in the wrong locker room, high-fives the wrong coach, etc.

Not to mention the emotions and frustrations that are going to be running rampant out there.

Someone is going to grind their way to a big (maybe not big, but, significant) win, but we're not going to see anything that even resembles a fluid offensive/defensive sequence on either side.

That's just my hunch.

GoGoGadget said:
Six different players trying to play with their new team for the first time, AGAINST their old team?? That's crazy! I'm just hoping that no one passes to the wrong person, goes to the wrong bench, showers in the wrong locker room, high-fives the wrong coach, etc.
let me add one: clap the wrong hand after a free throw. (SF almost did that in a Magic-Rocket game to Yao.;))

Cannot say it better myself.

funsc said:
let me add one: clap the wrong hand after a free throw. (SF almost did that in a Magic-Rocket game to Yao.;))

Cannot say it better myself.
no way! lol

(note: it took me awhile to figure out who SF was...its late)

HndsmCelt said:
Well how can the team help but be inspired by the guy who responded to questions about the loss of Webber by saying, "We are just going to go out there and TRY and make the play offs."
That right there is what I cannot stand in Pedja. Where is his fire?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You need to read the whole quote, because the above, taken out of context, makes it sound much worse than it really was. In actuality he was pretty much just saying the team has to take things one step at a time.

I believe Pedja's comments are actually posted in the Bibby/Adelman comment thread.

And one more thing? Remember, Pedja has only been speaking English for a couple of years. He still struggles sometimes to find the right word to match what he's trying to say.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21, you are always so kind... I MIGHT have been a little quick tojudge Pedja, but his flat affect and the statement about trying to make the play offs just struk me as odd from the guy many are looking to lead the team.

VF21 said:
You need to read the whole quote, because the above, taken out of context, makes it sound much worse than it really was. In actuality he was pretty much just saying the team has to take things one step at a time.

I believe Pedja's comments are actually posted in the Bibby/Adelman comment thread.

And one more thing? Remember, Pedja has only been speaking English for a couple of years. He still struggles sometimes to find the right word to match what he's trying to say.
Why isnt Peja saying anything close of a championship is failure like C-Webb? Peja got what he wanted, now if he doesnt sack up and develop his game a bit more(i.e: low post, rebounding), then we might as well trade him to whoever so we can get someone in here who WANTS and SAYS that anything less that a championship is failure...C-Webb IS a leader. Peja cant be the little boy anymore and crawl into a corner or run to his agent and ask for a trade if someone calls him out for some reason. This is what you wanted Mr Stojakovic, make us believers dammit!

VF21 said:

I read the entire quote but that statement is what burns me. Whether he speaks good English or not I question his goals. Bibby, for instance, seems to have his life's goal to win a championship. This clearly drives him, and infects his teammates. That is not Pedja's...I've never heard him say that. Now that he is our leader, he sets the bar for this team. If his attitude doesn't change, as long as he's is the man, we are in trouble.

love_them_kings said:
yeah, a little different from Webb saying after the Hawks game that nothing short of a championship was good enough... damn... I really miss him already.
soo true - wheres that fire and determination gonna comre from now

Bricklayer said:
Whoa there! :D

I'd more than settle for the 27 and 7. Career night is not necessary.

Of course I still have some mixed feelings about Peja comign abck magically strong -- that's just got slimy written all over it. In some ways it would be better for Sacto's opinion of him if he came back and kept on struggling.

There are several factors that can improve his play. I think he'll get better shots and more rythm shots than he did before now that he will be the primary scoring option. He was also playing hurt for some time, and his game really gets affected when he is in any way not 100%(sucks but that's the way it is). I don't think its an automatic that if he plays better he was tanking it before.