Pacific Division Rosters.

So thought it would be good to keep track of Pacific Division rosters as any playoff run is going to require winning 5 or so games in the Pacific.

as illustration
5-11. 36-30 54.5% remaining win percentage
4-12. 37-29 56% remaining win percentage
3-13. 38-28 57.5% remaining win percentage

The 57.5% rate over 82 games would put you at 47 wins. That percentage is a healthy jump given the Kings just finished winning at a .43% rate.

To keep updates manageable I will make each roster a post.

Golden State Warriors

CR: Kevin Looney, James Wiseman
PF: Draymond, Nemanja Bjelicia, Juan Toscano Anderson
SF: Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr., Jonathan Kuminga
SG: Thompson, Damien Lee, Moses Moody
PG: Curry, Jordan Poole

Best hope is play Golden State early before Klays back and any youngsters get going.

Last edited:
Los Angeles Lakers.

CR: Anthony Davis, Paul Gasol, Dwight Howard
PF: Trevor Ariza, Carmelo Anthony
SF: LeBron James, Kent Bazemore
SG: Wayne Ellington, Talen HT, Malik Monk
PG: Westbrook, Kendrick Nunn

with this team it’s the opposite. Ideally we wouldn’t have a game until Feb and they are all broken down.

Los Angeles Clippers

CR: Ivica Zubac, Serge Ibaka
PF: Marcus Morris, Nic Batum
SF: Paul George, Justice Winslow, (Leonard)
SG: Pat Beverly, Terrance Mann, Keon Johnson
PG: Reggie Jackson, Rajan Rondo, Jason Preston

this team you want to play early before Leonard comes back if he does. Hope we are done by March.

Phoenix Suns

CR: Ayton, JaVale McGee, Frank Kaminsky
PF: Dario Saric, Jalen Smith
SF: Bridges, Jae Crowder, Abdel Nadar
SG: Booker, Shamet
PG: Paul, Cam Payne,

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This is probably the toughest the Pacific Division has ever been. The good news though is that the Lakers have gone all-in on a veteran model which is only going to carry them for a couple seasons and Golden State is relying on two oft-injured superstars getting close to the end of their careers. The Suns are going to be a problem for awhile though and the Clippers are somewhere in the middle with vets in their early 30s and bottomless pockets to add supporting players as needed. Without help from injuries it's going to be a challenge to win any games in our division next season which is going to make our playoff goal that much harder.

This is probably the toughest the Pacific Division has ever been. The good news though is that the Lakers have gone all-in on a veteran model which is only going to carry them for a couple seasons and Golden State is relying on two oft-injured superstars getting close to the end of their careers. The Suns are going to be a problem for awhile though and the Clippers are somewhere in the middle with vets in their early 30s and bottomless pockets to add supporting players as needed. Without help from injuries it's going to be a challenge to win any games in our division next season which is going to make our playoff goal that much harder.
If we don’t win any it won’t be harder it will be impossible.

0-16. 41- 25. 62% win rate.

where those games are on the schedule will be big. Hope GS and Clippers early. Lakers and perhaps Phoenix late.

It will all come down to injuries. If everyone is healthy, Kings match up pretty well against a Kawhi less Clips team and maybe the Warriors if Klay isn't back to his old self. With some of the East teams getting a bit better/deeper (Knicks, Wizards), the Kings roster looks like it will be in the bottom third of the league again. Good news is that the offseason just started and a trade or two could be on the horizon that changes the landscape.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It will all come down to injuries. If everyone is healthy, Kings match up pretty well against a Kawhi less Clips team and maybe the Warriors if Klay isn't back to his old self. With some of the East teams getting a bit better/deeper (Knicks, Wizards), the Kings roster looks like it will be in the bottom third of the league again. Good news is that the offseason just started and a trade or two could be on the horizon that changes the landscape.
That's right. Looking at this from the other angle, if Monte manages to complete a trade for Pascal Siakam without giving up Fox or Haliburton and the team commits to playing defense for the full 48 minutes next season, I wouldn't count us out against anyone. Fox established himself as a go-to scorer this year and even edged out Lebron on the PPG leader board by the end of the season. Overall the team was top 10 in PPG and third in our division. All the improvement needs to come on the defensive end. Adding Davion Mitchell to the back court was a good start and having T. Davis and Harkless on the roster all season will help too. I don't know how much we can expect out of Queta as a rookie 2nd rounder. He probably doesn't see the floor much if at all but Thompson would help if he's still on the team when the season starts. There are some incremental improvements here but I think we're still one big piece short of really competing with the big boy teams.

Eh, the warriors aren’t scaring anyone with that roster. That is poorly constructed if you ask me
I’m curious if you can provide specifics?

If Nemanja is motivated I think he will be a good get for them as a small ball 5 against teams like us. I expect some growth from Wiseman. Of course, Thompson and Steph will bomb away and Wiggins will take the tougher defensive assignments from Klay.

Klay has largely been a catch and shoot 3 point shooter. I expect that hasn’t changed. Wiggins will probably take the tougher defensive assignments Klay used to have.

Golden State Warriors

CR: Kevin Looney, James Wiseman
PF: Draymond, Nemanja Bjelicia, Juan Toscano Anderson
SF: Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr., Jonathan Kuminga
SG: Thompson, Damien Lee, Moses Moody
PG: Curry, Jordan Poole

Best hope is play Golden State early before Klays back and any youngsters get going.
Interesting article in the Athletic with Kerr. He says Bjelicia as a small ball 5 that could be paired with Draymond.

I look at Bjelica as the 3-point-shooting version of Mo (Speights), in many ways. Because all of a sudden, you’re looking at a spaced floor when you consider Klay’s return and Steph’s play last year, the ability to play Bjelica with Draymond, which basically turns Draymond into the five and the pick-and-roll guy with Bjelica spaced. Really exciting.

it could be interesting pairing Nemanja with Draymond as I suspect they will be highly complementary. On Defense, Nemanja can take a less mobile 5 while Draymond takes the more mobile player. It will be really curious if they ran a 4/5 pick and roll with Draymond and Nemanja.

The division looks really scary at a first view and it will be tough to win around 50% of games. But on the other hand I till think there are some good chances to get near the 50% as were mentioned before. GSW should be vincible (at least in 50% of the games), especially if Klay is still missing in some games. Clippers are difficult to evaluate but without Kawi we should also manage to win a few games against them. For the Lakers, I Hope for some b2b games as the old men’s will have some problems in this case (st least a guess from my side). Phoenix should be a tough opponent but I ca even imagine that they will have some struggles during the season (a little bit like Miami last year).
So I guess to win a lot of games in the division is linked to having some luck in case of timing. But I am optimistic that Fortuna will be on our side (at last once every 20years that should be the case)