Pacers trade Dahntay Jones, Darren Collison to Mavs for Ian Mahinmi

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You know, Dallas isn't coming out of this summer as bad as I had initially thought.

Kaman
Dirk
Marion
Carter
Collison
with Brand, Beaubois, Jones, Cunningham, Crowder and potentially Scola as their bench.

You know, Dallas isn't coming out of this summer as bad as I had initially thought.

Kaman
Dirk
Marion
Carter
Collison
with Brand, Beaubois, Jones, Cunningham, Crowder and potentially Scola as their bench.
That's a team that is screwed if they don't make it to the conference finals this coming season though, because I don't see them getting any better as the years go by. Then again, lots of people say the same thing about the Spurs every year, and they're doing fine. But just off the top of my head looking at this list I would think the Spurs have a bigger mix of younger guys than the Mavs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's a team that is screwed if they don't make it to the conference finals this coming season though, because I don't see them getting any better as the years go by. Then again, lots of people say the same thing about the Spurs every year, and they're doing fine. But just off the top of my head looking at this list I would think the Spurs have a bigger mix of younger guys than the Mavs.
Most of these guys are only signed through the next offseason when Dwight and CP3 are free agents. It would appear that Dallas now has its sights on them.

Most of these guys are only signed through the next offseason when Dwight and CP3 are free agents. It would appear that Dallas now has its sights on them.
It amazes me how some teams can keep putting up pretty good/decent teams capable of going deep into the playoffs year after year without even having to rebuild. Oh John Salmons how I loathe you.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It amazes me how some teams can keep putting up pretty good/decent teams capable of going deep into the playoffs year after year without even having to rebuild. Oh John Salmons how I loathe you.
We'll see what happens though. If Dallas fails to sign one of the big FAs next year and Dirk eventually retires, they're obviously going to have to at least rejigger. Have a good owner and coach helps though.