Our Chances......

47-52 wins? I think we improved to more than that, i mean yes the suns still have a good team but i just dont see them winning the division this year with the loss of richardson and johnson.

I mean 50 wins in a struggling season last year, with this team.... who knows.......alright how many wins next year everybody? i wanna say 57 just because im really excited about this roster but who knows

Not sure really...

PG: Mike Bibby, Jason Hart, Ronnie Price
SG: Bonzi Wells, Kevin Martin, Francisco Garcia
SF: Peja Stojakovic, Bonzi Wells
PF: Abdur-Rahim (sp?), Kenny Thomas, Brian Skinner
C: Brad Miller, Jamal Sampson

With good team-work, pacific division champs!
With great team-work, 2nd round!
With FANTASTIC team-work WCF!
Beating San-Antonio, miracle.

OOOOO, I just can't wait for the NBA season to start. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, its debatable whether the current roster is better than the roster that started last year and earned most of the good record. It's certainly better than the team that ended last year, but that team was around .500 and could only win once in the playoffs, so it would take a big improvement to push them into elite status.

Who knows if duncan's knee or back or whatever doesn't surprisingly pop back up again. I roll with 55 wins and more if we get everybody happy and stuff. I think SAR and Bonzi will get along very well since both of them hated portland.

KT/Corliss will be traded.

I'd trade Songaila to get another big like Evans/E. Thomas too.

No, we will not amnesty waive KT. That wouldn't be good at all, we'd still have to pay his salary where-ever he goes. He isn't untradeable either, especially now, and a team like the Knicks/Hornets/Blazers/Nets could use him.

Last edited:
Does anybody remember when Charles Barkley made this statement: "I am glad that I don't have to say CONTENDER and KINGS in the same sentence ever again." He made that statement after we lost to Seattle and gave up over 120 pts in Game 5. Well Charles is going to have to get used to it all over again. We are 1-2 solid moves away from easily being WCF and Finals type quality. Shareef has instantly upgraded the length, and athleticism of the Kings, not to mention his lost post presence. Peja is going to reminiscent of his 03' self, when he averaged 25+ a game(Webber made him go down to 24). Bonzi is go be sick when he's posting up and scoring at will, and Bibby of course will be rock solid.I am so excited about all the excellent moves Petrie has made thus far, and just awaiting a couple more moves for us to be a force to be reckoned with.

Omaha-King7275 said:
do you think that we will waive kt with the amnesty clause? im not sure if we can do that or not but he has such a huge contract.
That wouldn't help because we'd still have to pay the salary and it would still count against the cap.

SacTownKid said:
If Bibby/Cat/Peja/Webber/Miller didn't fight over shots then why would this one?
I said I COULD see it happening. Besides the attitudes of the individual players, shot selection is affected by defensive rotations. Webber was a huge factor in the team's shot selection. We'll have to see if teams D this team up like they did with Webber. I'll tell you this...if I was defending our current roster, I would rarely double-team anyone. Webber drew at least the occasional double-team, which made moving the ball a a whole lot easier. Shots were spread around quite a bit. When Webber left, Cat jacked up just about everything, and I think it affected the flow of the offense and the quality and quantity of shots for Peja/Miller/Bibby. One of the biggest problems after the Webber trade is that the ball stopped moving. SAR is a great player...I just hope he can draw some attention from multiple defenders to free up our perimeter shooting. He'll have to, since he's the only starter we'll have who will spend most of the time in the post. Miller is effectively a high-post jump-shooter, and we know where Peja will be most of the time. If other teams are just able to play us straight up, you'll see more one-on-one play, and you could see some in-fighting.

Ryan

I like turtles
I can honestly say right now that I don’t care what our chances are. The Kings are going to be SO much fun to watch that I don’t even care if we make it to the WCF. I mean, I CARE, but right now I’m way to excited to be thinking about our chances. All I know is that right now we have a damn fun team and I can’t wait for the season to start.

T

thesanityannex

Ryan@CU said:
I can honestly say right now that I don’t care what our chances are. The Kings are going to be SO much fun to watch that I don’t even care if we make it to the WCF. I mean, I CARE, but right now I’m way to excited to be thinking about our chances. All I know is that right now we have a damn fun team and I can’t wait for the season to start.
I tip a glass of Clou du Bois Reserve to that my friend. Cheers.

Kings will win the Pacific Division

i think the kings will win the pacific division this year... the suns have taken a few steps back and kurt thomas is not the answer at Center... if anything, kurt thomas will slow them down.... like the sonics and suns last year, i think the kings will surprise and be 55+ wins next year... they will get to the WCF, but probaly lose to Spurs...

kingsofnba said:
i think the kings will win the pacific division this year... the suns have taken a few steps back and kurt thomas is not the answer at Center... if anything, kurt thomas will slow them down.... like the sonics and suns last year, i think the kings will surprise and be 55+ wins next year... they will get to the WCF, but probaly lose to Spurs...
unless TD gets a serious injury and is out for the playoffs....

T

thesanityannex

Ryan@CU said:
seriousy? did i say something about that earlier? because I have a Clou du Bois Reserve
yup. gonna pop some rodney strong pinot in a few minutes. cheers.