one more shot at garnett

Sad!!!! Nooooooooooooo

Taylor Can't Envision Trading KG
Mar 30 - Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was asked, once again, if he envisioned trading Kevin Garnett this summer, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
"Today as I stand here, I can't see a possibility that makes sense for this team to do that. I just see so many other opportunities that we can build around," he told the newspaper.
Taylor told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Garnett's contract (3 years, $66 million remaining) makes it more difficult to surround him with talent but "certainly won't make it impossible for us to do things. It will make it more difficult, but I've known that for a long time." I have faith that Glen will step in," Garnett told the newspaper. "I know he's a very competitive person like me, so I know he understands my pain, so we'll see what happens."

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Taylor is the only thing holding KG in town at this point. But of course he is entirely correct -- you would have to be an idiot to trade an all time great.

Only way I see that deadlock being broken is by KG demanding a trade. And probably the most likely way for that to happen would be for him to insist on showing insane loyalty to his other employee -- McHale, who KG seems to have open disdain for at this point.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.8 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 39.2 minutes

Trenton Hassell
6-5 SG from Austin Peay
9.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.4 apg in 33.3 minutes

Incoming

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.1 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.9 apg in 37.5 minutes

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
18.0 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 39.5 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.6 minutes

Change in team outlook: +11.2 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.1 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.9 apg in 37.5 minutes

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
18.0 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 39.5 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.6 minutes

Incoming
Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
21.8 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 39.2 minutes

Trenton Hassell
6-5 SG from Austin Peay
9.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.4 apg in 33.3 minutes

Change in team outlook: -11.2 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and -3.9 apg.

Would you do it? You lose an All-star perimeter defender who has poor shot selection at times but has a great contract, a great offensive center, and an undersized PF with a bad contract who rebounds. You gain an All-star player (offensively and defensively) and a good perimeter defender. This pretty much equates to gutting the team for Garnett, but considering how inconsistent the Kings have been and will continue to be with what they got, I would do it. I think with Garnett, Bibby, Hassell, and Shareef, we'd have a better shot at signing a C like Pryzbilla who can actually defend the paint.