One and Done Or Gettin it Done

How far do you think the Kings will go this year?

• Bounced in 1st Round

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Lose in Western Conference Semis

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • Lose in Western Conference Finals

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Get to the Finals then Lose

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • All the Way BABY!

Votes: 48 36.6%

• Total voters
If Brad Miller comes back for the playoffs, and is near 90-100% form we will win the championship.. :D

I feel Brad is the Key to this team more so than any other player on this team because of the way our offense is run. I know I will take some heat on this, but when Brad does not play, we are average, when he does we are a contender.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Sorry, I broke my crystal ball last night, while I was dusting.

The Kings could get bounced immediately, or they could move right through to the Championship. It depends which team shows up. However, because of problems discussed in other threads of this ilk, I do not see them winning a championship this year. Would I love it? Hell yeah!!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Why do you have to decide now what the end is going to be?

Why not sit back and enjoy every single moment of the ride for as long as it lasts?

I get accused of being negative when I say I honestly don't think we have what it takes to win it all. I'm not going to vote in this poll because while I still think we're a player or two short of the perfect mix, I would absolutely die of joy and excitement if these guys - with hearts bigger than their bank accounts - could do the impossible.

piksi

Hall of Famer
The way I see it -

The longer we are alive in PO - the shorter will be the summer. And the summer will be llllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg - that is a guarantee

VF21 said:
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Why do you have to decide now what the end is going to be?

Why not sit back and enjoy every single moment of the ride for as long as it lasts?

I get accused of being negative when I say I honestly don't think we have what it takes to win it all. I'm not going to vote in this poll because while I still think we're a player or two short of the perfect mix, I would absolutely die of joy and excitement if these guys - with hearts bigger than their bank accounts - could do the impossible.
I will enjoy every moment...beleive me! I just wanted to see how far everybody thinks we can actually make it. If we vote with our hearts I would expect 100% to say championship! I think we'll get a good amount of different answers which goes to show these playoffs are more wide open than any in a long time!

piksi

Hall of Famer
6th said:
Sorry, I broke my crystal ball last night, while I was dusting.
Shame on You ! ;)

where am I going to get the lottery numbers now ?

maybe the lakers and the wolves can help me with that :D

I like this poll. The results will be interesting and they even are so far. I wonder if the trend will keep up... a lot of us seem to have different opinions about how these playoffs are going to shake out.

There is nothing wrong with predicting. It will give us something to discuss while we wait for the next game. I say we fall in round one, but i hope I am wrong.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Geez.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "predicting" although this is would more accurately be called guessing than predicting.

What I'm saying is there are a number of people who simply don't know and they don't have a way to respond to the poll...

Heuge said:
I say we fall in round one, but i hope I am wrong.
I would have to agree with you, and I would also love to be wrong(it wouldn't be the first time). I just don't think we have the personnel to do it. It's interesting to me that so many think we will win it all. As for an "I don't know yet option" thats easy, just don't vote.

KP said:
I would have to agree with you, and I would also love to be wrong(it wouldn't be the first time). I just don't think we have the personel to do it. It's interesting to me that so many think we will win it all.
you're probably right. if we play dallas, we lose, it's there turn to beat us. but if we play seattle (which i hope we do so i can go to a playoff game) i think we can beat them. anything can happen though and i will enjoy watching the rest of the season and playoffs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KP said:
...As for an "I don't know yet option" thats easy, just don't vote.
KP - I would like to be able to express my opinion in it. If you think about it, almost all surveys, polls, etc. have a provision for people to indicate the "none of the above" or "I don't know" option. There are fans who, like me, honestly do not know how far they think the Kings will go. Unlike some prior years when I felt down to my very toes the Kings should and could get to the NBA finals, this just isn't one of those years. My response of I don't know is every bit as valid as someone who thinks the Kings are going to bomb out in the first round OR go all the way.

kingsfannPDX said:
you're probably right. if we play dallas, we lose, it's there turn to beat us. but if we play seattle (which i hope we do so i can go to a playoff game) i think we can beat them. anything can happen though and i will enjoy watching the rest of the season and playoffs.
Yeah, Seattle looks vulnerable and I really think we could beat either, if like 6th said the right Kings team shows up, but if I were a betting man...

Who knows for sure. All I know is that I am very proud of how this team has overcome so much this year. I am not even going to address the injuries. We lost two of our main players to trades and managed to incorporate MANY new players. We could still have a 50 win season, have clinched the playoffs for the seventh season in a row. I am going to enjoy the playoffs as far we go. If we go out in the first round or go all the way, I am going to LOVE every minute of it! My heart says, "ALL THE WAY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!! GET THOSE RINGS." My head may argue with it, but I hope my heart wins out!

VF21 said:
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "predicting" although this is would more accurately be called guessing than predicting.
It's predicting. Other then belittling this thread I have no idea why you would make the distinction. If people want to predict what is going to happen in the playoffs, there is no need for you to rain on their parade.

VF21 said:
My response of I don't know is every bit as valid as someone who thinks the Kings are going to bomb out in the first round OR go all the way.
The "I don't know" is the easy, non-committal way out. Why make a non-opinion in an opinion poll? It just doesn't make sense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was not belittling the thread. I was pretty much just asking for one more option. teamdimechampionship had no problem with my comments, so I don't see why your panties are in a bunch.

VF21 said:
KP - I would like to be able to express my opinion in it. If you think about it, almost all surveys, polls, etc. have a provision for people to indicate the "none of the above" or "I don't know" option. There are fans who, like me, honestly do not know how far they think the Kings will go. Unlike some prior years when I felt down to my very toes the Kings should and could get to the NBA finals, this just isn't one of those years. My response of I don't know is every bit as valid as someone who thinks the Kings are going to bomb out in the first round OR go all the way.
The poll is just a conversation starter....I don't think you have to answer the question by choosing one of the 5. I think the answer you've given in conversation is valid.;)

I watch some of the "better teams" struggle as of late,and then there's denver coming on strong and we're putting some wins together.I personally think the west is up for grabs because EVERYONE can be beat,(thats why they play the games)I't about who wants it the most,Gotta put my money on the KINGS.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
teamdimechampionship said:
The poll is just a conversation starter....I don't think you have to answer the question by choosing one of the 5. I think the answer you've given in conversation is valid.;)
Thanks, teamdimechampionship.

It's all cool.

:D

VF21 said:
I think you misunderstood me, you stated your opinion by saying in the thread you're not sure yet. I'm fine with that. I was just saying you don't have to vote either. I def think your point is valid too.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KP - What? Me misunderstand someone? Oh, that so doesn't happen. Ever!!!

;)

You were saying I don't have to vote. I was saying it seemed like you were saying my vote didn't count because it didn't fit into one of the pre-ordained categories.

And just think...we're still in the regular season. Can you imagine how this place is going to get once it's all over...

in JUNE???

;)

(See, there's my answer. Cleverly encrypted so only the most astute will know what I meant.)

VF21 said:
KP - What? Me misunderstand someone? Oh, that so doesn't happen. Ever!!!

;)

You were saying I don't have to vote. I was saying it seemed like you were saying my vote didn't count because it didn't fit into one of the pre-ordained categories.

And just think...we're still in the regular season. Can you imagine how this place is going to get once it's all over...

in JUNE???

;)

(See, there's my answer. Cleverly encrypted so only the most astute will know what I meant.)

;) I knew it

A

AriesMar27

why am i the only one who thinks tha the best way to the finals is through dallas? they will be our toughest opponents.... phoenix will be a breeze in comparisson because we match up better with the suns..... welll.... we'll see how that theory works out in the next few games....

but the idea of marion guarding thomas or skinner is almost laughable.... or qrich/johnson guarding peja..... with nash burned out by the second round that looks like easy pickings..... on route to the WCF against god only knows what tired arse team....

i mean the spurs could end up with denver in the first then houston or a healthy seattle in the 2nd.... thats way worse than dallas and phoenix... hell, denver alone is worse than dallas, but to then play houston/seattle or dallas/phoenix/sac-town in the WCF just to get to the finals and play detroit/miami.... i feel sorry for san antonio.... they have it rough.... so does seattle.... if they get denver....

any team that gets denver in the 1st round better watch out....and we just get dallas... we are so lucky....

AriesMar27 said:
why am i the only one who thinks tha the best way to the finals is through dallas? they will be our toughest opponents.... phoenix will be a breeze in comparisson because we match up better with the suns..... welll.... we'll see how that theory works out in the next few games....

but the idea of marion guarding thomas or skinner is almost laughable.... or qrich/johnson guarding peja..... with nash burned out by the second round that looks like easy pickings..... on route to the WCF against god only knows what tired arse team....

i mean the spurs could end up with denver in the first then houston or a healthy seattle in the 2nd.... thats way worse than dallas and phoenix... hell, denver alone is worse than dallas, but to then play houston/seattle or dallas/phoenix/sac-town in the WCF just to get to the finals and play detroit/miami.... i feel sorry for san antonio.... they have it rough.... so does seattle.... if they get denver....

any team that gets denver in the 1st round better watch out....and we just get dallas... we are so lucky....
I think Phoenix is a lot more athletic than us......Nash would be in the paint all series long with Mike trying to guard him....Joe Johnson and Q-Rich would light up Cat and Peja too but I also like our offensive matchups like Mike vs. Nash but I think Marion might guard Peja a lot and thats a tough match for Peja. We would have a definite size advantage if Brad was healthy though. Gotta admit it would be a fun series for the fans of offense!