Old Trade Thread (no longer need to post all trades here)

If we are getting KG then we must keep Bibby. Bibby will be an All-Star caliber player with a guy like KG. Brad would just be a nice center, and we would no longer fully utilize his skills with the ball going exclusively through KG. Brad's D may improve with KG around to provide weakside shotblocking, but what's the point? Also, KG has always done best when he's had a PG to run the two-man game with, which Bibby is excellent at.

If we can get KG though, it's a no brainer. We do not have a franchise player, which is a requirement to be successful in the NBA. He's still relatively healthy, and would give us another 4-5 year window to make a title run. This team, as constituted, is going no where. I've questioned his leadership qualities before, but when you can get a franchise guy you do it.

Venom said:
If we are getting KG then we must keep Bibby. Bibby will be an All-Star caliber player with a guy like KG. Brad would just be a nice center, and we would no longer fully utilize his skills with the ball going exclusively through KG. Brad's D may improve with KG around to provide weakside shotblocking, but what's the point? Also, KG has always done best when he's had a PG to run the two-man game with, which Bibby is excellent at.
That makes no sense at all. This team usually had 2 passing big men to run the offense (Vlade/Webber, Vlade/Miller, Miller/Webb) when we were the most successful. Bibby mostly provided a lot of scoring, but the offense has always been run through the post. Also, if we do ship Bibby out, we may get Jaric in return (deal would need to be fleshed out much more.) Jaric/Garnett/Miller is 10 times better than Bibby/Garnett/(Kandi/Skinner) simply by virtue that they could run the offense to perfection AND still play some defense and have intensity.

captain bill said:
Alright, here's my personal ideal trade: Mike, Peja and SAR, or, if possible, Mike and SAR or Mike and Peja. Either way, put KG at C and Brad at PF. We have to great passing big men to initiate the offense, we really don't need a PG to run it. Allow us to play a guy like Jason Hart, or another aquisition, who can play D, rebound, do dirty work that is secondary to scoring and running the offense. Keep Bonzi onboard to continue to be a rebounding machine, give us some offense. Play KT at SF, where he can score a decent amount and give us some rebounds. If we could somehow keep Peja onboard that team would be absolutely unstoppable:
Hart
Bonzi
Peja
Brad
KG
Garnett cleaning up the boards, Brad shooting all the midrange jumpers, getting the ball out to Peja who burns everyone, Bonzi remains our power guard who gets all the boards that Kevin and Brad miss, Hart gives some extra defensive umph, and suddenly we forget how soft Peja is. And, as an added bonus, this team can score like none other. This would be tough to pull off- Bibby, Reef, Thomas for Garnett? Not really, since the Wolves already have Jaric. Then again, make it a 3-team deal, find some team willing to give Minny a better player in exchange for Jaric, then we might have to ship that third team a chunk of our bench- Garcia, Martin, Corliss, Skinner- whoever they're interested in. Pipe dream, yeah, but I still like to think about it. A lot.
That'd be incredible.

jesus, get your head out of your rear end. why put your superstar PF at the center position and have your center at your PF position. so, essentially your gonna have brad miller guard quicker PF's like duncan? didn't you see when webb was out and vlade/miller front line against the spurs? duncan was toying with miller.... wait, he was ABUSING him. there was NO answer for duncan with miller on him. you don't put your superstar PF in the center position unless its last resort. your risking his health when you have a capable center in brad miller to take the punishment down low.

my offer would be...
i'd trade peja/brad/KT/scrub for KG/scrub.

you'd have a potent team in bibby, bonzi, KG, reef, skinner.
frontline + SG can all bang the boards. i wouldn't trade bibby. he's got another gear he switches to when the playoffs roll around. although he has defensive deficiencies... you cannot replace his point guard abilities. if his defender blows by him, you'd have reef, KG and skinner back there to make sure no easy layup would be made.

captain bill said:
Alright, here's my personal ideal trade: Mike, Peja and SAR, or, if possible, Mike and SAR or Mike and Peja. Either way, put KG at C and Brad at PF. We have to great passing big men to initiate the offense, we really don't need a PG to run it. Allow us to play a guy like Jason Hart, or another aquisition, who can play D, rebound, do dirty work that is secondary to scoring and running the offense. Keep Bonzi onboard to continue to be a rebounding machine, give us some offense. Play KT at SF, where he can score a decent amount and give us some rebounds. If we could somehow keep Peja onboard that team would be absolutely unstoppable:
Hart
Bonzi
Peja
Brad
KG
Garnett cleaning up the boards, Brad shooting all the midrange jumpers, getting the ball out to Peja who burns everyone, Bonzi remains our power guard who gets all the boards that Kevin and Brad miss, Hart gives some extra defensive umph, and suddenly we forget how soft Peja is. And, as an added bonus, this team can score like none other. This would be tough to pull off- Bibby, Reef, Thomas for Garnett? Not really, since the Wolves already have Jaric. Then again, make it a 3-team deal, find some team willing to give Minny a better player in exchange for Jaric, then we might have to ship that third team a chunk of our bench- Garcia, Martin, Corliss, Skinner- whoever they're interested in. Pipe dream, yeah, but I still like to think about it. A lot.

playmaker0017 said:
The magic of KG is that he's basically a center.

It's a position title ... nothing more.

I mean, is Miller REALLY a center?

You slide Reef or KG into the "center" role on offense and then play off of that.
don't make me laugh, dude-- they'd get abused down on the low block by bigger centers. when you have a deficiency like that they'll exploit it and you'd have to have some of the other players help by cheating off their man which in turns leaves you vulnerable at 2 spots.... center and the person that is cheating.

T

thesanityannex

KMart23 said:
jesus, get your head out of your rear end. why put your superstar PF at the center position and have your center at your PF position. so, essentially your gonna have brad miller guard quicker PF's like duncan? didn't you see when webb was out and vlade/miller front line against the spurs? duncan was toying with miller.... wait, he was ABUSING him. there was NO answer for duncan with miller on him. you don't put your superstar PF in the center position unless its last resort. your risking his health when you have a capable center in brad miller to take the punishment down low.

Miller plays much better at the 4. And for your info, Duncan ABUSES everyone.

Ahhh!!! The trade threads are here! I love this time of year.

Wait its only 2 weeks into the season!!! :eek:

Still, I will give it my best shot.

Here are some deals I would consider doing. I am not going for any KG deals because, Keving Garnett ain't coming here, and obliterating our roster for him will probably do more harm than good IMO.

Kenny Thomas is obviously going to be the talk of many trade ideas and for some fairly good reasons. His contract, his coming off the bench, his "attitude", etc. So I'll start with some ways I would go.

Deal # 1

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes
Incoming

Tony Battie
6-11 C from Texas Tech
4.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.4 minutes

Orlando Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Tony Battie
6-11 C from Texas Tech
4.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.4 minutes

Incoming

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico

Sac's reason: Kenny Thomas has a rather lengthy contract and would rather start then come off the bench. That won't happen with Reef in town. Tony Battie is a legit 7 footer that is pretty athletic for his size, and could match up well with the "Duncans" of the West. He is also expiring this year.

Orlando's reason
: They are a bad team and Tony Battie doesn't compliment Dwight Howard in the least bit. Kenny would. The Magic are looking to turn Dwight into a legit post player and Kenny could be a good compliment with his outside shooting and ability to rebound out of his zone.

captain bill said:
That makes no sense at all. This team usually had 2 passing big men to run the offense (Vlade/Webber, Vlade/Miller, Miller/Webb) when we were the most successful. Bibby mostly provided a lot of scoring, but the offense has always been run through the post. Also, if we do ship Bibby out, we may get Jaric in return (deal would need to be fleshed out much more.) Jaric/Garnett/Miller is 10 times better than Bibby/Garnett/(Kandi/Skinner) simply by virtue that they could run the offense to perfection AND still play some defense and have intensity.

Well, if you are going to get KG it will take two of our stars, and I think Bibby would play better w/ KG than Miller. Alot of that has to do with the particular leadership deficincies that I percieve in KG, but their differing style of play is big too. I also think that having a high-caliber PG in place would be paramount to keeping KG happy. Again, he performs best when he has a top-flight PG, be it Billups or Cassell.

S

Smart_guy3

SacTownKid said:
As long as Rick Adelman is the coach I don't expect to see Brad going anywhere.
Well obviously; it won't be long until Rick is not the coach. If the Kings like I said struggle like they have by mid december RA will be gone and someone will replace him.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico

Incoming

Jalen Rose
6-8 SG from Michigan
18.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 33.5 minutes

Aaron Williams
6-9 PF from Xavier
2.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes

Joey Graham
6-7 from Oklahoma State

Toronto Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Jalen Rose
6-8 SG from Michigan
18.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 33.5 minutes

Aaron Williams
6-9 PF from Xavier
2.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes

Joey Graham
6-7 from Oklahoma State
No games yet played in 2004/05

Incoming

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico

Sac reason: If Peja is gone (which I don't think is a given) then this is one of the most realistic deals I could think of if we dealt with Toronto (we ain't getting Bosh). Of course it hinges on how we do this season success wise. We lose Peja, which hurts, but we at least send out Kenny Thomas' deal with him. We aquire Jalen Roses' huge contract but this summer it will become extremely valuable as an expiring deal. Aaron Williams expires after this year. Plus we get a young prospect at the 3.

Tor reason: If they want Peja, they don't get him for free, and we aren't really getting much in return except a valuable contract and one that Toronto doesn't want. And a possible future star.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kings113 said:
I love Graham, I was wishfully thinking we'd get him in the draft. :)
However I don't love him remotely enough to trade Peja for him and a turd like Rose.

Graham actually hasn't shown well in the early season. Hard to tell if its rookie stuff, the chaos in Toronto, or maybe he's just not going to be much.

S

Smart_guy3

Bricklayer said:
However I don't love him remotely enough to trade Peja for him and a turd like Rose.

Graham actually hasn't shown well in the early season. Hard to tell if its rookie stuff, the chaos in Toronto, or maybe he's just not going to be much.
It has to be the chaos in Toronto, those guys up there rely on there rookies to do to much and that hurts there Rookies alot can you really blame them though? they have been building through draft for the past 3-4 years.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Smart_guy3 said:
Well obviously; it won't be long until Rick is not the coach. If the Kings like I said struggle like they have by mid december RA will be gone and someone will replace him.
Obvious to whom? Not to me... and I'm willing to bet Petrie and the Maloofs aren't ready to pull the trigger on Adelman quite so soon.

Adelman is doing the right things so far. The team IS improving and the players ARE starting to gel. You don't get rid of a coach just because a team is struggling, especially when they're clearly beginning to look like there's still life...

VF21 said:
Obvious to whom? Not to me... and I'm willing to bet Petrie and the Maloofs aren't ready to pull the trigger on Adelman quite so soon.

Adelman is doing the right things so far. The team IS improving and the players ARE starting to gel. You don't get rid of a coach just because a team is struggling, especially when they're clearly beginning to look like there's still life...
Right on the money.

S

Smart_guy3

VF21 said:

How is Adelman doing the right things? he's been using the bench poorly hes been doing a poor job IMO. there is no doubt there is still life in this Season as I suggested that the Kings will play better at the 2nd half and can make a good run at the playoffs.

again my frustrations don't rely on RA just on this season it's been for a while now.

If this team is already looking for a new direction then they need to change there coach to start fresh right off the bat.

and clearly "IMO" if the Kings have a bad record; down the road December & January then the Maloofs will pull the trigger.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Smart_guy3 said:
How is Adelman doing the right things? he's been using the bench poorly hes been doing a poor job IMO. there is no doubt there is still life in this Season as I suggested that the Kings will play better at the 2nd half and can make a good run at the playoffs.

again my frustrations don't rely on RA just on this season it's been for a while now.

If this team is already looking for a new direction then they need to change there coach to start fresh right off the bat.

and clearly "IMO" if the Kings have a bad record; down the road December & January then the Maloofs will pull the trigger.
Yes, Adelman has been doing the right things. It's been especially evident the more games the team plays together. If you can't see it, I'm sorry...

Using the bench poorly? Dude, have you looked at our bench? It's not like Jimmy Jackson, Hedo, Bobby, etc. are sitting there frustrated because they're not getting much time...

Adelman is doing what pretty much ANY other coach in his position would do. He's using the first part of the season to determine what he has, how it can best be utilitized, etc. Only four of those guys were even in Kings uniforms at the beginning of last season. That's a tremendous turnover in personnel and it's going to take a while for them all to fit together properly.

As far as thesanityannex goes, he's pretty good at sarcasm...

Having watched this team for years, I think there are a lot of reasons to believe that Adelman is doing the right thing. And there are even more reasons to believe that the Maloofs aren't going to switch horses in mid-stream. At least not without real reason to do so.

A team struggling to find its identity but showing progress is nowhere near reason enough.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Word over here is that the Nets may be looking to move Zoran Planinic. Zoran who you say? And why should we care?

Well, Zoran is a young (23) Croatian 6'7" guard who is really more point guard than OG, but can play both. Not much of an athlete, plays old style Euro-defense unfortunately, but a creative fairly unselfish guard who can shoot (from everywhere but the line). Kings style player, both good and bad. I don't think he's ready to tear up the league or anything, but a guy who as a 6'7" backup PG could help, or as a creative OG with size could do a lot of the things Doug could do, and add in shooting as well.

Like most of these things, highly unlikely. And even if it did happen, minor in impact. But purely from a stylistic standpoint not out of the question.

Bricklayer said:

Neither do I. I was just commenting on him.

No, he hasn't been much so far, but that doesn't mean he's done for the season.

I highly doubt it on the last part. I think it's the scene in Toronto while being a rookie, bad combo.