OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
karesk said:
We could at least get Dalembert. Miller could play 4 and Dalembert would provide some defense at 5. But we got nothing for an all-star player. Actually it would be much better if we got nothing because all we got is tweener players with bad contracts.

I understand that Webber's value is not that high but couldn't we at least get some promising player or a draft pick?
My sentiments Eaxactly. but hey we have Kenny Thomas for 5 years now. Wopppidy F-U-C-King dooooooo

T

TGB20A5SI

Finally Webber is gone! Time for Peja to play like the All Star he is rather than sitting back and letting Webber go to work. Webber shoo'd Peja's A game off the court and with the Webb gone Peja will soon be a 25-30 point a night player once again.

Bye Webber :)

Thanks for starting the Kings, but we don't need your punkass anymore :D

First of all everyone needs to CALM DOWN PLEASE!!!! OK
First of all
We now have 3 players that can be traded, we may not be done trading, TRUST PETRIE PLEASE! I WILL MISS WEBBER TOO!! But!! We have to look at the positives even if there isn't anymore trades!!!!

(1)- Remeber last year when we didn't have Webber how good the Kings did, Peja was an MVP candidate!
(2)Our team is Deeper more Defensive/Athletic
(3)We got rid of Webber's MASSIVE contract for 3 smaller contracts that will be easier to move.
(4) Webber's aging, and could go down anytime with another injury and could be out for good.
(5) We now get too see what this team can do without Webber taking 25 shots a game. Miller can hit those shots that Webber can Miller- 53%, Webber- 45%
(6) Songaila will now average a Double Double for the rest of the year and his stock will go up majorly, along with Pejas, Bibbys, Millers & Mobleys!

OUR TEAM NEEDED A CHANGE, I know it is sad to say this, I loved Webber and have supported him for the last 7 years, but lets face the facts, weren't going to win a championship, now we are just one step closer to winning it.

C-Miller/Skinner
PF-Songaila/Thomas
SF-Peja/Williamson
SG-Mobley/Evans
PG-Bibby/Bobby/House

ImaKingsFan said:
You are kidding right? Did you lQQk at who they traded him for?:mad:
I did see who we traded for. WE have a pretty deep bench now. If songaila starts I'll be a happy guy. Once peja comes back and gets his rhythm back watch what happens with his play

6th said:
Well, we won't have to worry about a playoff loss. We probably won't be in the playoffs. Still time without Chris to fall right out of the playoff picture. You don't think Peja..."the man"...can get us there do ya. He can't even create his own damn shot.

Somebody get me a GD cigarette!!
Don't do it!

Entity

Hall of Famer
TGB20A5SI said:
Finally Webber is gone! Time for Peja to play like the All Star he is rather than sitting back and letting Webber go to work. Webber shoo'd Peja's A game off the court and with the Webb gone Peja will soon be a 25-30 point a night player once again.

Now I hope you and Petrie Die

ReinadelosReys said:
Are we suddenly going to become a cellar dwelller, no. But we will never be the same. Talent? What about heart? What about the sheer desire to win? What about the guys who brought the intangibles? What about the leadership? Vlade, DC, now Chris.
Interesting thought...who is our leader now?

OptimusRhyme said:
First of all
We now have 3 players that can be traded, we may not be done trading, TRUST PETRIE PLEASE! I WILL MISS WEBBER TOO!! But!! We have to look at the positives even if there isn't anymore trades!!!!

(1)- Remeber last year when we didn't have Webber how good the Kings did, Peja was an MVP candidate!
(3)We got rid of Webber's MASSIVE contract for 3 smaller contracts that will be easier to move.
(4) Webber's aging, and could go down anytime with another injury and could be out for good.
(5) We now get too see what this team can do without Webber taking 25 shots a game. Miller can hit those shots that Webber can Miller- 53%, Webber- 45%
(6) Songaila will now average a Double Double for the rest of the year and his stock will go up majorly, along with Pejas, Bibbys, Millers & Mobleys!

OUR TEAM NEEDED A CHANGE, I know it is sad to say this, I loved Webber and have supported him for the last 7 years, but lets face the facts, weren't going to win a championship, now we are just one step closer to winning it.

C-Miller/Skinner
PF-Songaila/Thomas
SF-Peja/Williamson
SG-Mobley/Evans
PG-Bibby/Bobby/House
Even though ill miss CWebb (a lot)..... I totally agree with you!!!

OptimusRhyme said:
First of all

C-Miller/Skinner
PF-Songaila/Thomas
SF-Peja/Williamson
SG-Mobley/Evans
PG-Bibby/Bobby/House
I don't think that Songy will be our starter. Brad will move to the 4.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just read through this entire thread, and I am on the same boat as everyone else...I'm pissed. Simple as that. When I first read it I was speechless, then after staring at the screen for several moments, I hucked my shoe at the screen and let out a yell.

I guess Petrie has done nothing bad for this team. Hopefully he has a few deals waiting in the wings, however I'm really pretty damn sure that the market value of Kenny Thomas, Brian Skinner, and Corliss Williamson are to high...Ugh...

But Petrie has made someone REALLY happy tonight...Aleine Voison. Her article should be just peachy...

:( :( :(

ReinadelosReys said:
Are we suddenly going to become a cellar dwelller, no. But we will never be the same. Talent? What about heart? What about the sheer desire to win? What about the guys who brought the intangibles? What about the leadership? Vlade, DC, now Chris.
You're right we won't be the same talent we will harvest new talent.

We won't have the same heart, new TEAM heart will arise. Let me say this and listen up.

CHRIS WEBBER IS NOT THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA, OR CURRENTLY IN THE NBA, OR CURRENTLY ON THE KINGS WITH HEART AND THE DESIRE TO WIN.

To say that is a slap in the face to all the other members of the team. Enough of doom and gloom it's done. Look forwards not in your rear view mirror.

Hey guys,

I am a reporter with the Capital Campus News, a journalism publication at Sacramento State University. I am working on a story about tonight's Webber trade and was looking for some fan feedback that I could use in the story.

If anyone wants to help out, please send me your thoughts on the trade, along with your full name, city and email address.

You can email me at my personal account, alan83@pacbell.net

Thanks a lot!

I am ashame of Maloof brother. They think they can save a couple million dollors. But if our team suck you tell me who will watch the game anymore? None. I really hope the fans send a message to the Kings origanization: don't go to Kings game anymore. I have the 3/12 vs Detroit ticket. Man I regret I bought that ticket right now. Call me a bandwager but I honestly think I am going to jump ship. Sorry guys.

TGB20A5SI said:

what a loser. get a life fool.:mad:

I was just woken up with a text message about this. I can not believe this. I guess everyone who said Petrie does trades no one knows about are right. I thought for sure Peja was gone. Has anyone thought about the possiblilty that they could still trade Peja? Since they seem to be scrapping the whole season, why not trade Peja too? I am in disbelief right now and can not go back to sleep.

Entity

Hall of Famer
CSUHornet83 said:
Hey guys,

I am a reporter with the Capital Campus News, a journalism publication at Sacramento State University. I am working on a story about tonight's Webber trade and was looking for some fan feedback that I could use in the story.

If anyone wants to help out, please send me your thoughts on the trade, along with your full name, city and email address.

Thanks a lot!
We all want Petrie to Die. Also we want Peja to be deported back to Serbia. WE love chris and hopes he somehow screws us down the road.

CSUHornet83 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!
Probably be best if you didn't ask :)

DocHolliday said:
I did see who we traded for. WE have a pretty deep bench now. If songaila starts I'll be a happy guy. Once peja comes back and gets his rhythm back watch what happens with his play

I would not pin my hopes on Peja to win the playoffs for us. He cannot create his own shot. He was too busy pouting all summer and did not take the great advice by none other than Larry Bird and work on improving his game. I cannot believe people think a freaking bench is gonna win a National title. Unbelievable.
For the record I am not putting down the rest of the Kings, but reality is what it is.

Im just as shocked...Chris Webber has been my favorite player for years...and he was a big reason I started watching Kings basketball. I guess they believe Brad Miller is gonna carry the load since he was scoring 30+ when Webber had to sit out.

My question is...who are we tryin to get in the offseason thats going to have a bigger impact on the team than Chris Webber?

Heuge said:
Interesting thought...who is our leader now?
i really hope the cat steps in and takes this team by the horns. i love mike bibby, but he's not a vocal kinda leader. he leads by example on the court. the cat is gonna have to be our vocal guy for the next few seasons. (that is, if he stays....)

DocHolliday said:
You're right we won't be the same talent we will harvest new talent.

We won't have the same heart, new TEAM heart will arise. Let me say this and listen up.

CHRIS WEBBER IS NOT THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA, OR CURRENTLY IN THE NBA, OR CURRENTLY ON THE KINGS WITH HEART AND THE DESIRE TO WIN.

To say that is a slap in the face to all the other members of the team. Enough of doom and gloom it's done. Look forwards not in your rear view mirror.
Ok, I'm looking forward. I don't see anything. ...No wait, I see this season maybe ending in the first round. I'm seeing a team giving the reigns to a guy who can't creat his own shot. I see our only post presence is a guy we used to call scoreless. I see an a$$ kicking on Saturday. I see guys on a Kings team who will be heartbroken. I see Mike Bibby loosing his running mate. I see Brad Miller's job getting whole lot harder. I see Rick Aldeman lose the guy he ran his team through, one of the only guys he trusted. I see Allen Iverson jumping for joy. Should I go on, becasue I really don't feel any better doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.