Official Fire PDA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that Cousins' extension had to happen the very summer that Ranadive bought the team. The FO that extended Cousins did not have any front-row day-in day-out exposure to Boogie yet. According to PDA, Vivek sought out advice from around the league as to whether to extend Cousins or not, and by PDA's account, the feedback was overwhelmingly in the "no" category. Presumably the reason that Vivek sought out advice was precisely because he and his front office didn't have the exposure to Cousins that a normal front office would have, because they were brand new.
I can't believe you were one of the 2 representatives of KingsFans at the PDA conference.

Let's be fair. It was never about Dave fighting back. It was about Dave providing the forum for PDA and the fans to interact and he did that.

I would NEVER ask or expect Dave to put himself in a position to be FIRED AGAIN because he said what we couldn't/wouldn't. We have voices. Those voices include not buying tickets if that's your inclination. KEEP Dave where he is. We need him.
I seriously have to wonder how committed to the format 1140 is.

I guess you're going to have to get used to the idea.
For what it's worth I'm glad you were there. Both because I respect your basketball knowledge and your analytic approach to things. But also quite honestly because you have a different outlook on the what is currently going on with the Kings.

Always best to see things from multiple angles to develop a balanced and nuanced perspective.

For what it's worth I'm glad you were there. Both because I respect your basketball knowledge and your analytic approach to things. But also quite honestly because you have a different outlook on the what is currently going on with the Kings.

Always best to see things from multiple angles to develop a balanced and nuanced perspective.
Not saying anything about the current discussion, but in general: a balanced viewpoint is not always the best viewpoint. It has a chance to be though.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I seriously have to wonder how committed to the format 1140 is.
Agreed....I don't have any trouble thinking that it is all a set up...... Set up in that it was at the end off the show so that they couldn't take calls, it was in the morning show instead of on Grant's show, I never got my hopes up about learning anything from PDA....what's he really going to say? That whole thing was counterproductive.

Not saying anything about the current discussion, but in general: a balanced viewpoint is not always the best viewpoint. It has a chance to be though.
I know what you mean, and I think it comes down to what you define as "balanced" views. I absolutely agree that it doesn't mean a compromise between two views. But I think it does mean seeing if there are valid points made from someone an opinion opposed to yours that should be incorporated into what you believe. Sometimes that's the case and sometimes it's not. And because of the sheer volume of opinions out there on any given topic that also means figuring out whose opinion you want to listen and possibly give weight to. When it comes to the Kings, Capt. Factorial absolutely falls into that category for me. And I'd wager on a number of other topics outside the Kings as well.

Ultimately it was Vivek's decision.

No matter how eloquent or full of bananas Pete may sound, I doubt the complete truth would come out. Also when you just hose a guy, it is classless to spell out every reason or justification for doing so especially if they were doing a good job at the time.
I honestly believe they cant just come out and tell the truth. Because the reasons for the firing had nothing to do with the reasons that were given. I have heard and believe the main reason that Malone was not fired was to assist in the resigning of Gay. If they had fired Malone in the summer they would never have resigned Gay. Too unstable to hitch your wagon to. So once the ink dried on the Gay resigning, they manufactured a reason to get rid of Malone because Petey never wanted him in the first place. I believe they hatched the plan during the summer. And getting off to an unexpected good start was not going to sidetrack their plan.

So if they just came out and said they only held on to Malone to dupe Gay into resigning, they alienate Gay and look bad to the entire league. Just a theory because we will most probably never know the truth. Which makes fans seethe in anger.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly believe they cant just come out and tell the truth. Because the reasons for the firing had nothing to do with the reasons that were given. I have heard and believe the main reason that Malone was not fired was to assist in the resigning of Gay. If they had fired Malone in the summer they would never have resigned Gay. Too unstable to hitch your wagon to. So once the ink dried on the Gay resigning, they manufactured a reason to get rid of Malone because Petey never wanted him in the first place. I believe they hatched the plan during the summer. And getting off to an unexpected good start was not going to sidetrack their plan.

So if they just came out and said they only held on to Malone to dupe Gay into resigning, they alienate Gay and look bad to the entire league. Just a theory because we will most probably never know the truth. Which makes fans seethe in anger.
I'm not a lawyer but your theory sounds a lot like fraud.

K

Kingsguy881

Yeah PA needs to be fired. His 'plan' was to put us fans through another nightmare after we had slowly but passionately built our hope when keeping our team and believing in what Malone THE COACH OF THESE GUYS HAD US BELIEVING IN AGAIN???' Gerbil you #&$^ #&!*@^! I was on board before you fired Malone. #&!& you!!! You are a &$(@£÷_ &@^! God I hate Pete D'Allafuuutard. Pete you really better show me something real fing soon. REALLY FING SOON. You have done NOTHING but find players. You had a coach that was doing something with the random collection of players you assembled. Hindsight is 20/20 ain't it you ****ing *****. You would change everything but lie to us in our face if you could I know. You look and feel stupid. That's why Vivek is AOL isn't it. Your choice, you're **** up. Yeah, I'll trust you. You're a lying ass lawyer right? You have NOT been a GM for however long you want us to believe.

microphone drops.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Is this true? Saw it posted by a poster on another website and found it interesting.

Pete tidbit on CK podcast today

For those who didn’t get a chance to check out the Cowbell Kingdom podcast today, James Ham talked about being mentioned by Pete on Dave’s show Monday. Pete was asked why the players had to learn about Corbin being hired on for the remainder of the season via the internet. Pete responded that "the reporter texted me, but I was getting on a plane and didn’t get a chance to call him back, my bad."

The plane was THE TEAM PLANE, and Ham reports that he gave Pete a heads up to give him the chance to tell his players before the report was published. Pete declined to call Ham back or tell the team and Ham published the report. Once in the air, the players learned that the GM riding on the plane with them declined to inform them that Corbin would coach the rest of the season.

Is this true? Saw it posted by a poster on another website and found it interesting.

Pete tidbit on CK podcast today
For those who didn’t get a chance to check out the Cowbell Kingdom podcast today, James Ham talked about being mentioned by Pete on Dave’s show Monday. Pete was asked why the players had to learn about Corbin being hired on for the remainder of the season via the internet. Pete responded that "the reporter texted me, but I was getting on a plane and didn’t get a chance to call him back, my bad."

The plane was THE TEAM PLANE, and Ham reports that he gave Pete a heads up to give him the chance to tell his players before the report was published. Pete declined to call Ham back or tell the team and Ham published the report. Once in the air, the players learned that the GM riding on the plane with them declined to inform them that Corbin would coach the rest of the season.
what? gerbil's never been skydiving w/o a parachute before?

It irks me to no end that PDA is claiming the Demarcus Cousins signing was some act of genius.

I don't see how the team had any other option but to sign him and hope for the best. I really don't.
The concept that the FO should be praised for extending DMC is asinine.
I agree.

But again, maybe PDA/Vivek wanted us to ponder how stupid Malone was on his reluctance regarding Cousins' extension.

Now, do we still regret having such a stupid coach being fired?

The same coach who seemingly was on dope who attempted to use an under-performing rookie Stauskas during a crucial time to win a game?

I guess we'll never know for sure what the real reasons are for firing Malone until the FO/Vivek decided to disrespect Malone.

Michael Malone opposed extensions for DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/...osed-extensions-for-demarcus-cousins-rudy-gay

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I agree.

But again, maybe PDA/Vivek wanted us to ponder how stupid Malone was on his reluctance regarding Cousins' extension.

Now, do we still regret having such a stupid coach being fired?

The same coach who seemingly was on dope who attempted to use an under-performing rookie Stauskas during a crucial time to win a game?

I guess we'll never know for sure what the real reasons are for firing Malone until the FO/Vivek decided to disrespect Malone.

Michael Malone opposed extensions for DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/...osed-extensions-for-demarcus-cousins-rudy-gay
Okay Prince, enough. As in that was the last one. The rest will disappear.

Amongst other reasons for that spin being stupid was of course that Malone would have had all of about a month to "oppose" Boogie's extension, before he had ever coached him, and very likely in a "well my philosophy is we should let him earn it on the court" sort of way. That's before we even get into the stupidity of trying to claim that a coach was fired for front office moves he didn't even make. Its completely irrelevant. If Phil Jackson didn;t want Jordan extended it still wouldn't make him one iota of a lesser coach.

In any case, you;re jsut trolling now, so it ends.

P

Pace

PDA has to implement his system, and Malone didn't fit. Malone was a stopgap, not sure why people don't understand. Vivek from the beginning established that this team was going to be modeled after the old king heyday teams. He got an a guy (accomplished guy) in PDA to insure this vision. Malone was just a stopgap to the future, I thought that's what we all thought in the beginning?

PDA has to implement his system, and Malone didn't fit. Malone was a stopgap, not sure why people don't understand. Vivek from the beginning established that this team was going to be modeled after the old king heyday teams. He got an a guy (accomplished guy) in PDA to insure this vision. Malone was just a stopgap to the future, I thought that's what we all thought in the beginning?
Are you trolling?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ermmmmmm

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Welcome, Kings employee.

I've been trying to sell my tickets for tomorrow's game or get a refund. Might you help?

Being an gm of an NBA team isn't accomplished?
"He got an[sic] a guy (accomplished guy) in PDA to insure this vision"

The way it reads, you're saying Vivek got in an already accomplished guy in PDA, but he was a first-year GM last year. Vivek was a first year owner as well. Are you going to say Vivek got in an accomplished mentor in Chris Mullin? Mullin was a great player, but his managing record stinks. As for PDA, he's "accomplished" in removing our team's identity with no real plan after sacking Malone. Great job? Tyrone Corbin the coach for the rest of the season? Ty is Malone's guy--he's a lame duck, he can't get the locker room together. We've thrown away our season after a great start under Malone. Would our success have continued at the same rate with Malone? Who knows. At least locker room problems and buying into the system was no longer an issue. Now we're back at square -1.

Also, I'm accusing you of trolling because you're a new member with "Pace" of all names. Cute.

Can anyone else recall (in recent history) an owner or GM mandating a system?
The Spurs and Patriots seemed to have mandated a system called WINNING. I say that jokingly but it's kind of true......both those teams have morphed multiple times over the last several years based on their rosters and even the skill-sets in relation to current status of their players. Hell the Patriots offensively show up one week with a short passing attack, next week they pound the running game, and a week later they bust out the deep passing attack..........whatever it takes to win that individual game.

To answer your question though I don't think there are many owners who have mandated an actual system but many owners are meddling especially in terms of players they want on the roster. That certainly leads to style of play changes. Maloofs were a great example when they traded for Ron Artest........that move was all Maloofs and no question it effected the style the team played with Ron in place of Peja.

Hi Leslie, we still are not ready to #ChillMuch

Who are these people who show up parroting the idiot front office?

Malone had a 4 year contract. He was never a stop gap. That's rewriting history. He was an in demand coach (who still is) that we were lucky enough to lock up on a cheap contract. And the in over his head "GM" fired him to save his own ass

Vivek didn't even have a vision until PDA told him what it is. Cause if he did, he never would have hired such a well respected coach. He undid one of the things he lucked into getting right.

PDA is not an accomplished GM. Stop with that. He's a rookie GM who made a mistake about as dumb as I've ever seen as an NBA fan.

If you're just here to pee people off, I assure you, that's unnecessary. We are all plenty pissed off already.

J

jdbraver

To be fair, I don't hate the personell moves Pete has made. I think he has done a good job there. BUT, it is clear this group is not suited for the style he wants.Oddly enough we fit what Malone wanted.

Oh and I'm so tired of we want to bring 2002 kings ball back. Let it go, it's time for a new identity. IDC if we play like the old Pistons Teams or the Dallas Mavericks as long as we win.

Pete everyone makes mistakes...you don't have to admit it....Just hire Karl. Thx.

To be fair, I don't hate the personell moves Pete has made. I think he has done a good job there. BUT, it is clear this group is not suited for the style he wants.Oddly enough we fit what Malone wanted.

Oh and I'm so tired of we want to bring 2002 kings ball back. Let it go, it's time for a new identity. IDC if we play like the old Pistons Teams or the Dallas Mavericks as long as we win.

Pete everyone makes mistakes...you don't have to admit it....Just hire Karl. Thx.
This is why most of us are still angry we know Karl is coming here and not because he doesn't want to but because the FO wants Mullin/Jackson. Karl would have atleast cooled down the fire that was set with the firing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Pete, you have a funny sense of your own significance. Name the GMs around the league who need to put in "their system". That's not a GMs job you wananbe. Phil Jackson might be the only one in the entire league, and you can see how well that's going. Your job is to provide the raw materials for the players and coaches to weld into a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.