Official Fire PDA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately it was Vivek's decision.

No matter how eloquent or full of bananas Pete may sound, I doubt the complete truth would come out. Also when you just hose a guy, it is classless to spell out every reason or justification for doing so especially if they were doing a good job at the time.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
All well and good that PDA must go, but be careful, because of who might replace him. (Nelly or Mullin anyone?) He needs to be replaced by an experienced GM with his own coach in tow. Ironically PDA warned about hiring just any one to replace Malone, and the very same thing can and may well be, being said about him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
T-shirts need to be made and worn at the home games for the rest of the season, maybe Vivek will pay attention to the fans then.

Maybe everything turns out OK. Maybe PDA does in fact have some sort of plan up his sleeve and the team improves....

But i personally feel he should be fired on the grounds that he managed to pee of and offend an entire fan base. An extremely loyal one at that. He has been so ridiculously non-transparent, he has treated the fans, the people that make the team, with such an utter lack of respect it makes me sick. He danced around every question this morning and essentially, in-directly, told us all "shame on you for not believing in me, i know what i'm doing," yet left everyone with the distinct impression that he has no idea what he's doing, and never really gave ANY good answers to any of the questions.

You want my support PDA? Be real. Own up to your mistakes, and start treating fans with some mother ******* respect. I don't care if we start winning games under him, the emotional anguish that we've been put through with all of his BS games and tactics is all i need to see. The damage is done, and it's irreversible.

FIRE PETE

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If there is even a single grain of truth in any of what has been said by this ownership and the season continues on the same path it is on now, then by this summer I fully expect a clean house in the front office by the offseason. We just have to really hope they don't want to start fresh and decide to tear it all down, Cousins included. Some overly confident GM's like to do those types of things. Hopefully if it goes down they get someone with the brains to realize another Cousins level player isn't going to walk through that door for a long time and it probably makes a lot more sense to build around him rather than use him as an ignition source.

Dave has been surprisingly silent about all of this and it was noted by some in the room this morning that clearly he looked upset/angry. Maybe cooling off and keeping himself from saying something hes going to regret. Regardless, his silence is speaking volumes.

Dave has been surprisingly silent about all of this and it was noted by some in the room this morning that clearly he looked upset/angry. Maybe cooling off and keeping himself from saying something hes going to regret. Regardless, his silence is speaking volumes.
When asked for his opinion on what PDA said, he claimed it didn't matter, which is unusual for him.

He got used, abused and didn't fight back. Maybe he knows it, is just trying to recoup, and as you say not go off and get fired from KHTK - again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He got used, abused and didn't fight back. Maybe he knows it, is just trying to recoup, and as you say not go off and get fired from KHTK - again.
Let's be fair. It was never about Dave fighting back. It was about Dave providing the forum for PDA and the fans to interact and he did that.

I would NEVER ask or expect Dave to put himself in a position to be FIRED AGAIN because he said what we couldn't/wouldn't. We have voices. Those voices include not buying tickets if that's your inclination. KEEP Dave where he is. We need him.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
PDA has to go. He's lost all credibility with the fans. Fans need to have faith in a GM that the future will show progress with their team and things will get better. PDA has lost that trust.

To summarize that interview... What's my plan? Datapoints. Don't worry about it not working. I'm an expert. :half chuckle: We're building you an arena. God you all are so ungrateful. Yeah I know we derailed a good season, put in a lame duck coach, turned our backs to a hall of fame coach, alienated our superstar, made our franchise a bigger mockery to the sports world than it already is, signed Carl Landry to a horrific contract, and invested two max contracts in two players that do not play run and gun offense, and have no shooters... But we're building you a new stadium! We kept the team in Sacramento. Why don't you guys look at Vivek like Jesus and me as his apostle? We saved you! Part of that means you have to have completely blind faith in us despite what you're all seeing on the court.

PS: Anyone here good with Excel? When I plug all these pieces in I just get this back. I've just been hitting "ignore error" but now one of the cells is going all nuts.

IF IF IF Pete D'alessandro is fired, it would seem like a guarantee that his replacement is Chris Mullin. I think at this point, Mullin would be better.

Also another mention and it seems HIGHLY unlikely but what about Shaq for GM?

IF IF IF Pete D'alessandro is fired, it would seem like a guarantee that his replacement is Chris Mullin. I think at this point, Mullin would be better.

First, we need the head of that weasel. I'm not talking about unemployment. I'm talking about complete and utter DELETION.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
could it really be possible that in Pete's head he couldn't make the acquisitions he wanted to get a third banana to Cousins & Rudy and intentionally tank the year in order to gain a valuable asset in having a lottery pick and either keeping the pick or packaging the pick for that player(s) because with the roster given we can't solely depend on two players to put up 20+ every night without help from a third player. I am not by any means backing this incompetent man up but it's not out of the realm of possibility that this might play a role.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Ultimately it was Vivek's decision.

No matter how eloquent or full of bananas Pete may sound, I doubt the complete truth would come out. Also when you just hose a guy, it is classless to spell out every reason or justification for doing so especially if they were doing a good job at the time.
I hope people read this and at least try to understand your point.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

I would seriously hope that Vivek knows that they are essentially one and the same. Only difference is Pete never got the chance Mullin did as a GM to get completely ousted from his position with not many teams looking his way when searching for a replacement GM after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.