Off season targets

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Amazing news. This makes it seem like they're not going to be allocating resources towards (Holmes) in FA and just try to get by with WCS, Powell, Brown, Kristaps at the C slot.

I honestly don't think there's a suitor left with cap space for Holmes. Which means we SHOULD have the highest monetary offer along with a starting gig.
I guess Toronto does but I have idea what they’re planning to do with their frontcourt, what with them having three 3/4 stretch bigs and one center.

I guess Toronto does but I have idea what they’re planning to do with their frontcourt, what with them having three 3/4 stretch bigs and one center.
Yeah Toronto is the last team for sure. But you'd also think that either resigning Lowry (which eats all their cap space) or finding his replacement (Lonzo, Schroder, Dinwiddie) would be a bigger priority. And Nurse was very willing to just roll Siakam at the 5 last year and still have Boucher, who for some reason doesn't get 30+ MPG despite crushing seemingly every game.

Let's pry THT from the Fakers.
They have no cap and need to fill out their roster while staying under threshold.

He is high IQ player and played with Ty.

Edit: yikes he's only 6'4 and hs horrible 3pt% nm.

Yeah Toronto is the last team for sure. But you'd also think that either resigning Lowry (which eats all their cap space) or finding his replacement (Lonzo, Schroder, Dinwiddie) would be a bigger priority. And Nurse was very willing to just roll Siakam at the 5 last year and still have Boucher, who for some reason doesn't get 30+ MPG despite crushing seemingly every game.
Also they’re interested in Zach Collins. so if they get one of the 2 maybe we might get holmes at a reasonable price. Unless they go Vlade and load up the team with centers

Also they’re interested in Zach Collins. so if they get one of the 2 maybe we might get holmes at a reasonable price. Unless they go Vlade and load up the team with centers
Yeah maybe Holmes just doesn't want to screw with the FA if we have a 4 year 47 mil deal and a starting gig with a team that allowed him to break out just waiting for him

Since the end of the season, the Kings signed/extended/validated/traded for/drafted 4 centers: Metu, Jones, Queta, and Thompson. WRT Holmes, is the writing not on the wall?

Zach Collins who is an RFA and likely to miss a significant chunk of next season? That's an odd target. You'd have to overpay to back Portland off and then he'd be DNP for who knows how long and he also sorta sucks and can't stay healthy. But ok.

No thanks.

Honestly my hope is that as the larger cash FA market dries up, holmes signes his early bird offer with us and Try afterwards to swing a trade with pacers for Turner with bagley/buddy and possibly a top 10 protection on next years first (may need to use a S/T for McDermott to make salaries work or throw get lamb... Prefer McDermott at $10M/yr x 4). Then we can use parts of that MLE to shore up TD or another strong defender like Reggie Bullock at ~5M/yr and you still have $4m of the mle if you want need to use it.

Fox/Mitchell/Guy
Hali/TD/James
Barnes/McDermott/Bullock
Turner/Metu/Thompson
Holmes/Thompson/Jones/Queta

I feel that is a far more balanced and deeper team than the kings have fielded since we trotted out bonzi wells and artest.

No thanks.

Honestly my hope is that as the larger cash FA market dries up, holmes signes his early bird offer with us and Try afterwards to swing a trade with pacers for Turner with bagley/buddy and possibly a top 10 protection on next years first (may need to use a S/T for McDermott to make salaries work or throw get lamb... Prefer McDermott at $10M/yr x 4). Then we can use parts of that MLE to shore up TD or another strong defender like Reggie Bullock at ~5M/yr and you still have $4m of the mle if you want need to use it.

Fox/Mitchell/Guy
Hali/TD/James
Barnes/McDermott/Bullock
Turner/Metu/Thompson
Holmes/Thompson/Jones/Queta

I feel that is a far more balanced and deeper team than the kings have fielded since we trotted out bonzi wells and artest.
McDermott? That's a backwards acquisition if we want them to get better on defense. Give me Bullock over him any day of the week.

Kind of annoying that there were multiple wing defenders in the draft and we skipped over all of them to have a chance at these bottom of the barrel wings in free agency.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Leonard declined his option. Maybe we could talk into a sign and trade. Buddy and Barnes for Leonard. That way clippers get something

McDermott? That's a backwards acquisition if we want them to get better on defense. Give me Bullock over him any day of the week.

Kind of annoying that there were multiple wing defenders in the draft and we skipped over all of them to have a chance at these bottom of the barrel wings in free agency.
Im good with Bullock too, my aim though was a deep team with multiple guys capable of scoring. The 3rd major issue this year after 1) bad defense and 2) atrocious defense was the kings struggled to score when fox was off the court until they got wright (who is now gone). Now i think Mitchell brings much of what wright brought, albeit in a five inch shorter frame (maybe better on ball defense though), but you can never have enough shooters on a team with fox and hali who can get into tye defense's teeth and find people.

Im good with Bullock too, my aim though was a deep team with multiple guys capable of scoring. The 3rd major issue this year after 1) bad defense and 2) atrocious defense was the kings struggled to score when fox was off the court until they got wright (who is now gone). Now i think Mitchell brings much of what wright brought, albeit in a five inch shorter frame (maybe better on ball defense though), but you can never have enough shooters on a team with fox and hali who can get into tye defense's teeth and find people.
Right now my top realistic targets would be:

1. Torrey Craig
2. Baze
3. Winslow (on a prove it deal, hopefully min. if he has no suitors)
4. Hamidou Diallo
5. Bullock
6. Solomon Hill

Full MLE targets:

1. Oubre
2. Norman Powell
3. Talen Horton Tucker
4. PJ Tucker

That said, I fully expect them to go after some type of PF just confuse things even more, lol.

Right now my top realistic targets would be:

1. Torrey Craig
2. Baze
3. Winslow (on a prove it deal, hopefully min. if he has no suitors)
4. Hamidou Diallo
5. Bullock
6. Solomon Hill

Full MLE targets:

1. Oubre
2. Norman Powell
3. Talen Horton Tucker
4. PJ Tucker

That said, I fully expect them to go after some type of PF just confuse things even more, lol.
I think Norman Powell will command more than an MLE. I love the notion of tucker on this team as he will bring gritt, bulldog attitude and can hit his corners reliabily, but i doubt he is the kind of player to sign with the kings. (he will probably take 3-4M less to sign with a contender or stay put since he really helped solidify the bucks, and next year Brooklyn will be out for blood). Oubre seems a good fit but im not sure how much money he will command. On a positive note, most teams out there dont have too much money.

The Kings have always had trouble attracting any big name players to their small market.
Hield and Bagley are both pretty expendable since the Kings seem to now finally be interested in defense.

Yeah, but Toronto is going to want Hali, so I don't see this working.
Toronto actually cares is players can defend (hint Buddy and Bagley cannot).
It will depend how much pascal wants out and how willing they are to move him. Pascal wants out as he cant get along with nick nurse. He has a good relationship with rico hines so who knows, he may want to come to Sacramento. The raptors would probably want 2 first for him and they can then stsrt to build around FVF and OGA. Id offer a package of Buddy and bagley plus 2 first round picks (top 5 protected and then top 8 protection) and a pick swap the following year. Take back Pascal and Boucher or Baynes (doubt they want to part with boucher).

Fox/Mitchell/guy
Hali/wright/TD
Barnes/Harkless/JJ
Pascal/metu/Jones
Holmes/Len/Baynes/Queta (probably stash him in G-league for a while)

I feel like that is a team that could shoot for middle of the pack in the west. (Clips, Mavericks, and possibly Portland could all theoretically take a slight to big step back this year and i think the above team is better than memphis on almost every front).

Any more than this and you walk away. Even though im antsy for some positive movement, indo respect the patience monte is showing so that he doesnt come back and say i had a better deal 2 days ago. We arent giving away pieces for nothing amd we arent overpaying for players.

Last edited: