Off season targets

Tyrese Haliburton

For

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

• Thunder push back their timeline with Haliburton's rookie scale contract (SGA is due to get paid next season) and get another lottery pick to add to their assets.
  • Kings get their 2nd all star caliber (potential) player and move forward with a core of Fox & SGA
Not worth it for the Kings in the big picture.

Ingram is one of my ideal players for this team to go get. I think Bagley, Buddy, #9 and 2023 1st (top 8 protection or right to swap), 2024 pick swap could be able to pry BI. If they are trying to move him (question why they want to), this gives them a good young bigman to back up zion or in the future, play next to him (or cut him loose in 1 year for 11M off your books), an elite floor spacer with an endless motor, a second pick in this deep draft, an extra pick in 2023 and possibly a better positioned draft for 2024. I would be shocked if they get more than this unless OKC moves a huge treasure trove of their picks to get BI (but only future picks probably dont help keep zion happy).

As far as trading for SGA, if Hali and #9 is the cost... I do that instantly. SGA is probably Hali's ceiling. You get that guy now next to fox and that is the definition of win now. Dont know why OKC wouod do it, although im not sure why they wanted to move him to DET either.

J. Michael Falgoust @ThisIsJMichael
One player I know #Pacers would've been high on a few yrs ago could be had for dirt cheap in free agency today. But Otto Porter's health has ruined his value. His reps have been hunting a MLE for him for a while, I'm told by multiple league sources. He's coming off a $107M deal.

Giving MLE to Porter fills a need on the wing.
This means we would not be able to retain Holmes.
Then give Bi-annual to a vet big, such as Alex Len.

One player I know #Pacers would've been high on a few yrs ago could be had for dirt cheap in free agency today. But Otto Porter's health has ruined his value. His reps have been hunting a MLE for him for a while, I'm told by multiple league sources. He's coming off a $107M deal.

I would rather retain Holmes and look elsewhere. Porter has been mediocre at best the last couple years

Wright/Buddy for Rui or Deni/Bertans
Honestly, love it. Beal is basically your PG anyway, so Wright and Buddy make sense playing off him. I like Deni's skill-set too, but he kind of overlaps with the same slots that Kispert is going to play. They're probably hoping they can get off Bertans contract too, so funneling the same kind of spacing into Buddy Hield as a guard makes sense.

I see the Wizards, Raptors Spurs, Pacers, Sixers, Jazz, T-Wolves, Suns, Bulls, Pelican, Memphis, OKC, Magic, Warriors and Hornets as teams where something mutually beneficial could be worked out with the Kings.

Dudes I like for the Kings: TJ Warren, Justice Winslow, Myles Turner, Siakam, Tobias Harris, Jarred Vanderbilt, Bojan Bogdanovic, Malcom Brogdon, Josh Hart, Lari “The Finnisher”.

Last edited:
I see the Wizards, Raptors Spurs, Pacers, Sixers, Jazz, T-Wolves, Suns, Bulls, Pelican, Memphis, OKC, Magic, Warriors and Hornets as teams where something mutually beneficial could be worked out with the Kings.

Dudes I like for the Kings: TJ Warren, Justice Winslow, Myles Turner, Siakam, Tobias Harris, Justin Vanderbilt, Bojan Bogdanovic, Malcom Brogdon, Josh Hart, Lari “The Finnisher”.
I believe that Jarred Vanderbilt is a FA.

I try to go after myles turner still. I feel that the Kings will be able to retain Holmes, especially since many of the teams who were linked to him have already gotten someone (plumlee to Charlotte for example). I feel we will be able to keep him on his early bird deal. As to adding another big if they keep holmes, frankly turner other than turner, i think kelley olynyk, jamychal green and jeff green all would be good fits next to holmes offensively. I think if you lose holmes then go get nerlens noel or boban marjanovich or Mitchell robinson, but currently im excited to see Neemias Queta can do defensively for us. I think hes gonna be solid.

If we move Hield, Wright and Bagley, you could probably keep Holmes and sign Porter.

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Haliburton / Ramsey
SF - Porter / James
PF - Barnes / Woodard
C - Holmes / Metu / Jones / Queta

In return for Hield, Wright, & Bagley, you'd probably look to receive a SG/SF, SF, PF, and/or C in return to help bolster the bench.

If we move Hield, Wright and Bagley, you could probably keep Holmes and sign Porter.

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Haliburton / Ramsey
SF - Porter / James
PF - Barnes / Woodard
C - Holmes / Metu / Jones / Queta

In return for Hield, Wright, & Bagley, you'd probably look to receive a SG/SF, SF, PF, and/or C in return to help bolster the bench.
Wright grew on me.
But yes, buddy and bags need to go.

Frankly, id rather keep Wright and move on from TD. I know he is a spitfire, but wright can get you 20 as well, can run the offense next to Mitchell and guard 3 positions and with an 8.5M expiring contract, can be a good trade asset for the team at the deadline. I like TD though. I was thiniing about otto porter but he has serious health issues. If we keep holmes another route to go is getting a free agent sf with the MLE

1. Doug McDermott
2. Reggie Bullock
Or even though they are technically guards,
3. Reggie bullock
4. Hamidou Diallo.

Frankly, id rather keep Wright and move on from TD. I know he is a spitfire, but wright can get you 20 as well, can run the offense next to Mitchell and guard 3 positions and with an 8.5M expiring contract, can be a good trade asset for the team at the deadline. I like TD though. I was thiniing about otto porter but he has serious health issues. If we keep holmes another route to go is getting a free agent sf with the MLE

1. Doug McDermott
2. Reggie Bullock
Or even though they are technically guards,
3. Reggie bullock
4. Hamidou Diallo.
not being critical of your thinking - but this didn’t age well

not being critical of your thinking - but this didn’t age well
Eh, I think the idea of going after a SF with the MLE might be right. The issue is there aren't that many SF's willing to accept that as a first option and even if they do, you're battling 26 other teams on the same playing field. With the value of SF's right now, you really think someone like Oubre is going to have 1 suitor? Or Bullock? Heck, my number 1 target would be Torrey Craig. When he was available last year I was like WTF! Him being fodder/waiver material at one point last year was clearly ridiculous and after his showing in the playoffs he might be a MLE candidate for a few teams. Dicey time to not look at that major need which has major value when 9 was there or maybe even a trade back in since the Warriors are apparently willing to move Moody. I wonder if they have interest in Bagley still?

Honestly, love it. Beal is basically your PG anyway, so Wright and Buddy make sense playing off him. I like Deni's skill-set too, but he kind of overlaps with the same slots that Kispert is going to play. They're probably hoping they can get off Bertans contract too, so funneling the same kind of spacing into Buddy Hield as a guard makes sense.
Jkbiker's insane trade of the day

Rui,Bryant,Deni for Buddy works

Fox,Mitchell,Ramsey
Hali,TD,James
Barnes, Deni
Rui,,Bagley,Metu
Bryant,TT,Queta

Think Wizards would want to dump Bertans, Play Marvin at the 5

Fox,Mitchell,Ramsey
Hali,TD,James
Barnes, Deni
Rui,,Bertans,Metu
Bagley,TT,Queta

Fox

Last edited:

Amazing news. This makes it seem like they're not going to be allocating resources towards (Holmes) in FA and just try to get by with WCS, Powell, Brown, Kristaps at the C slot.

I honestly don't think there's a suitor left with cap space for Holmes. Which means we SHOULD have the highest monetary offer along with a starting gig.