Off season targets

I think the obvious thing thing is that the kings need to shore up rim protection and our front line. Whether that involves replacing all the pieces is questionable, but who are the players out there that A) would help the kings take the next step and B) are realistic targets with the pieces we have to trade.

1. Myles Turner.
I think he is a poor fit with Sabonis and the Pacers very much need length on the perimeter along with some vetran leadership. Harrison Barnes fits that mold well. I think he plus a future first may be able to get a deal done for Myles Turner who can play with Bagley and Holmes as either a PF or C and of course can handle the defensive load down low as well as make up for many deficiencies my the Guards getting beat. Ideally i would lime to retain holmes as i think a turner/holmes frontline would be ideal.

2. Tobias Harris
While im not sure if the 76ers will be looking to move him i think he is a player the Kings should target. He is fully capable of handling much of the offensive load and while he isnt a stellar defender, he has improved this year in that department. He will be able to keep teams honest and would be the main scoring threat on the front. Can play SF or PF depending on the lineup. I think Buddy (to help the perimeter game of the 76ers) and Bagley (to help take some of the scoring load off embiid and get his usage down to save him for the playoffs) would actually be an upgrade for them as far as versatility. A pick swap may also be necessary in this trade to further incentivise the 76ers.

3. Brandon Ingram
Basically the same trade as for Tobias Harris, but im not sure if they would want bagley back given the fit likely wouldn't be there next to zion.

4. Pascal Siakam
A change of scenery may do great for Siakam, who hasn't grown into a #1 option as was expected. He could thrive playing next to two players who will take the offensive attention off of him in Fox and Hali. A trade for bagley and Barnes with a top 5 pick next year (or this years pick if not in top 10) in this years draft may be able to pull him from Toronto giving a highly capable low post scorer with star potential and vetran leadership and playmaking in barnes. Allows you to move Buddy to the bench and improves your defense instantly on the perimeter or play buddy at 3 in situations with Siakam at 4.

Potential Free Agent Targets
1. Holmes and TD. I think it is important to return these 2 but for the right price. Would not cross 12.5/yr for Holmes. TD was a spitfire off the bench and for the right price, should be returned to the team.

2. Nerlens Noel: should be the primary target if Holmes cant be resigned. At 5-6M/year (which is what he made this year) for 3 years, he has the defensive chops to help instantly improve the defense and can be the rim protector the kings need. He also has the athleticism to be dangerous in the PnR with Fox and Hali and see improved numbers and utilization on offense than he would in most other places.

3. Justise Winslow
Has good defensive ability and good playmaking from the SF position. Can be a good stopper on the second unit playing behind barnes if he isnt traded. He can also take up primary perimeter defensive responsibility playing with Barnes at 4 in small ball lineups. He has not lived up to the $13M salary, much of it due to injuries. But he will not need to be doing much offensively (scoring wise) but is a good passer and playmaker. Would not go above 5M/year

4. Otto Porter Jr.
Provides a 3 and D guy on the second unit. Same salary target as Winslow.

Porter & Oubre are risky, we'd have to offer either of them more money than anyone else. But could see it working out. Do we really want to take that risk though?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Porter & Oubre are risky, we'd have to offer either of them more money than anyone else. But could see it working out. Do we really want to take that risk though?
Does Porter have much of a market now? He's kind of disappeared on a lot of ways.

There was talk about Bazemore being a target which might be his agent trying to fluff up some value but I think as a low cost target and keeping things roughly as is with maybe letting Holmes go and giving Bagley that spot it might be the way to go.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Porter and Winslow are both super intriguing "buy-low" guys for me that fit what we should be looking for. Lots of injury risk, but you're potentially getting a quality starting 3/4 flex guy for the MLE if they can hit. Which almost never happens.

Winslow could be a great guy low talent. Swiss Army knife defensive guy would fit a role.
I dont think he is low talent, just injury prone. He was realky a point forward but he is a slashing/passing defense guy, not much offensive production but makes good decisions. I doubt there will be a huge market for he or porter so i will bet they could be had for relatively cheap (2yr/10M with 2nd year being optional) style deal. Same with nerlens.

The problem with Oubre is he wont be cheap, given he has a strong offensive game, he will have a market. If anything he will command north of 10M/yr which will be the fill mle. Im not sure if telhe kings can afford him and get enough impact players to make a difference in the standing.

I was entertaining the Oubre idea myself. Expensive, but still only 25 and plays a position of greatest need with legit size.
Again, i’m not considering any trade that involves this years pick but Buddy and Bagley ideas are welcome.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I dont think he is low talent, just injury prone. He was realky a point forward but he is a slashing/passing defense guy, not much offensive production but makes good decisions. I doubt there will be a huge market for he or porter so i will bet they could be had for relatively cheap (2yr/10M with 2nd year being optional) style deal. Same with nerlens.

The problem with Oubre is he wont be cheap, given he has a strong offensive game, he will have a market. If anything he will command north of 10M/yr which will be the fill mle. Im not sure if telhe kings can afford him and get enough impact players to make a difference in the standing.
That was supposed to be great buy low talent not great guy low talent

I think the obvious thing thing is that the kings need to shore up rim protection and our front line. Whether that involves replacing all the pieces is questionable, but who are the players out there that A) would help the kings take the next step and B) are realistic targets with the pieces we have to trade.

1. Myles Turner.
I think he is a poor fit with Sabonis and the Pacers very much need length on the perimeter along with some vetran leadership. Harrison Barnes fits that mold well. I think he plus a future first may be able to get a deal done for Myles Turner who can play with Bagley and Holmes as either a PF or C and of course can handle the defensive load down low as well as make up for many deficiencies my the Guards getting beat. Ideally i would lime to retain holmes as i think a turner/holmes frontline would be ideal.

2. Tobias Harris
While im not sure if the 76ers will be looking to move him i think he is a player the Kings should target. He is fully capable of handling much of the offensive load and while he isnt a stellar defender, he has improved this year in that department. He will be able to keep teams honest and would be the main scoring threat on the front. Can play SF or PF depending on the lineup. I think Buddy (to help the perimeter game of the 76ers) and Bagley (to help take some of the scoring load off embiid and get his usage down to save him for the playoffs) would actually be an upgrade for them as far as versatility. A pick swap may also be necessary in this trade to further incentivise the 76ers.

3. Brandon Ingram
Basically the same trade as for Tobias Harris, but im not sure if they would want bagley back given the fit likely wouldn't be there next to zion.

4. Pascal Siakam
A change of scenery may do great for Siakam, who hasn't grown into a #1 option as was expected. He could thrive playing next to two players who will take the offensive attention off of him in Fox and Hali. A trade for bagley and Barnes with a top 5 pick next year (or this years pick if not in top 10) in this years draft may be able to pull him from Toronto giving a highly capable low post scorer with star potential and vetran leadership and playmaking in barnes. Allows you to move Buddy to the bench and improves your defense instantly on the perimeter or play buddy at 3 in situations with Siakam at 4.

Potential Free Agent Targets
1. Holmes and TD. I think it is important to return these 2 but for the right price. Would not cross 12.5/yr for Holmes. TD was a spitfire off the bench and for the right price, should be returned to the team.

2. Nerlens Noel: should be the primary target if Holmes cant be resigned. At 5-6M/year (which is what he made this year) for 3 years, he has the defensive chops to help instantly improve the defense and can be the rim protector the kings need. He also has the athleticism to be dangerous in the PnR with Fox and Hali and see improved numbers and utilization on offense than he would in most other places.

3. Justise Winslow
Has good defensive ability and good playmaking from the SF position. Can be a good stopper on the second unit playing behind barnes if he isnt traded. He can also take up primary perimeter defensive responsibility playing with Barnes at 4 in small ball lineups. He has not lived up to the $13M salary, much of it due to injuries. But he will not need to be doing much offensively (scoring wise) but is a good passer and playmaker. Would not go above 5M/year

4. Otto Porter Jr.
Provides a 3 and D guy on the second unit. Same salary target as Winslow.
Lots of good ideas. Some of them come with some gotchas. Like Tobias Harris' salary. It's massive. I don't think you're getting Ingram without trading Fox. Turner is solid but needs a rebounder next to him. I'm not sure how well he and Holmes would pair together. I don't think it would go as well as we may think.

Noel is high on my list as one of the more attainable players. Winslow and Porter would be good gets if the price is right. We really dodged a bullet a few years back by getting matched on that massive contract offer to Porter.

I think you're going to have to swap Bagley out of your trade ideas to make them realistic though. He has no trade value at the moment. The trade deadline showed us that.

Lots of good ideas. Some of them come with some gotchas. Like Tobias Harris' salary. It's massive. I don't think you're getting Ingram without trading Fox. Turner is solid but needs a rebounder next to him. I'm not sure how well he and Holmes would pair together. I don't think it would go as well as we may think.

Noel is high on my list as one of the more attainable players. Winslow and Porter would be good gets if the price is right. We really dodged a bullet a few years back by getting matched on that massive contract offer to Porter.

I think you're going to have to swap Bagley out of your trade ideas to make them realistic though. He has no trade value at the moment. The trade deadline showed us that.
I would say that his offensive flurry towards the end of the season maybe revived some of his value. But i dont completely disagree.

I wonder if Sengun and Noel could work as a pair if we drafted/signed them?

You might not have ideal spacing but your rebounding/ defense could be much improved. I actually project Sengun to develop a decent 3 point shot and have lately been leaning towards him as the pick at 9. I just don’t know if you can ignore the production. Noel would be a great fit at probably a reasonable rate.

I wonder if Sengun and Noel could work as a pair if we drafted/signed them?

You might not have ideal spacing but your rebounding/ defense could be much improved. I actually project Sengun to develop a decent 3 point shot and have lately been leaning towards him as the pick at 9. I just don’t know if you can ignore the production. Noel would be a great fit at probably a reasonable rate.
Maybe in the smallest spurts, but 2 true bigs just doesn't work. I'd rather swing for a wing with pick 9 and sign Noel/Theis if Holmes walks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Noel actually switched agents to De'Aaron's Family First company so there might actually be a good amount of heat to that prospective connection. Wouldn't replace all of what Holmes does with the team but would potentially provide a bit more of a defensive anchor than Holmes (at least when matchups against classical bigs are involved) and free up more time for Metu and a potential pick to develop.

Myles would be an ideal fit but it's really hard to figure out what Indiana's plan is for the offseason. If they're devoted to building on what they have now then I don't know if they'll move him aside from as a piece in a larger trade for a star to pair with Sabonis. If they've decided to enter rebuild mode, Myles could be had but trying for Sabonis might be the more prudent move in that situation (although I think Indy would have to be crazy to move him).

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Noel actually switched agents to De'Aaron's Family First company so there might actually be a good amount of heat to that prospective connection. Wouldn't replace all of what Holmes does with the team but would potentially provide a bit more of a defensive anchor than Holmes (at least when matchups against classical bigs are involved) and free up more time for Metu and a potential pick to develop.

Myles would be an ideal fit but it's really hard to figure out what Indiana's plan is for the offseason.
If they're devoted to building on what they have now then I don't know if they'll move him aside from as a piece in a larger trade for a star to pair with Sabonis. If they've decided to enter rebuild mode, Myles could be had but trying for Sabonis might be the more prudent move in that situation (although I think Indy would have to be crazy to move him).
Or what their value of him is. If they are trying to convince people a 12 and 6 big has star value then there could be complications for them.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Or what their value of him is. If they are trying to convince people a 12 and 6 big has star value then there could be complications for them.
Not just a 12/6 big but a big who also happens to play the same position as their best player. It's really not their fault that Domas turned out to be really freaking good as a center but sorta unplayable as a forward but it makes playing both guys at the same time really difficult. But if Myles were on the trading block, you'd think they'd have done it by now.

Porzingis could be in play for us. Seems like the type of calculated risk I could see us taking…

1. Shouldn’t cost too much to acquire (due to his contract size)
  2. Young enough to age with our core (25 years old)
  3. Has all star upside/potential
  4. He complements Fox fairly well with his size, shooting, and defense.
Maybe a trade like the one below gets it done…

Buddy Hield
Marvin Bagley
Delon Wright

for

Kristaps Porzingis
Dwight Powell
Trey Burke
Josh Green

Dallas frees up a lot of cap space to potentially lure a true Robin to Doncic’s Batman via free agency. Not to mention they get an elite floor spacer in Hield to stretch the floor even more for Doncic. They take a flyer on Bagley (otherwise he turns into cap space) and Wright gives them a solid, 3&D PG to bolster the guard rotation.

Kings get Porzingis in hopes that he can live up to his potential (and stay healthy). They also get Green who’s an athletic 3&D SG with some ball handling/playmaking potential to take a shot on. Assuming we could resign Holmes to a reasonable amount, the roster would be:

PG - Fox / Burke
SG - Haliburton / Green / Ramsey
SF - Barnes / James
PF - Porzingis / Woodard
C - Holmes / Powell / Metu / Jones
Picks -#9 & #39

Dare I say this trade could make this team better today while also improving the young core/assets for the future?

Porzingis could be in play for us. Seems like the type of calculated risk I could see us taking…

1. Shouldn’t cost too much to acquire (due to his contract size)
  2. Young enough to age with our core (25 years old)
  3. Has all star upside/potential
  4. He complements Fox fairly well with his size, shooting, and defense.
Maybe a trade like the one below gets it done…

Buddy Hield
Marvin Bagley
Delon Wright

for

Kristaps Porzingis
Dwight Powell
Trey Burke
Josh Green

Dallas frees up a lot of cap space to potentially lure a true Robin to Doncic’s Batman via free agency. Not to mention they get an elite floor spacer in Hield to stretch the floor even more for Doncic. They take a flyer on Bagley (otherwise he turns into cap space) and Wright gives them a solid, 3&D PG to bolster the guard rotation.

Kings get Porzingis in hopes that he can live up to his potential (and stay healthy). They also get Green who’s an athletic 3&D SG with some ball handling/playmaking potential to take a shot on. Assuming we could resign Holmes to a reasonable amount, the roster would be:

PG - Fox / Burke
SG - Haliburton / Green / Ramsey
SF - Barnes / James
PF - Porzingis / Woodard
C - Holmes / Powell / Metu / Jones
Picks -#9 & #39

Dare I say this trade could make this team better today while also improving the young core/assets for the future?
Probably don’t need to add Bagley to that deal to get Porzingis. Buddy, Wright, and a 1st should do it unless they value Kemba Walker more which maybe they should to take some pressure off of Luka

Porzingis is definitely a high risk high reward guy but can he get along with anyone? The one thing you can say about our squad is chemistry and attitude is fantastic. Does he fit in or bring the diva nonsense with him. Luka has that same joy Fox, Haliburton, Buddy, Barnes and Holmes have and it sounds like Zinger doesn’t get along with him.

My dream off-season would have the Kings landing Myles Turner and Matisse Thybulle while keeping our pick,
Trade#1 Barnes, 2023 1st rd to Pacers for Turner, McDermott
Trade#2 Buddy, 2021 2nd to Philly for Thybulle, George Hill(partial Guar), Seth Curry
(Both works on trade machine)
Sign RFA TD, Holmes Early Bird 4 yr 47M
Cut James,Whiteside,Harkless

Fox,Wright,Ramsey
Hali,Seth,TD
Tybulle,Mcdermott,Woodard
Bagley,Metu
Turner,Holmes,Jones
2021 Pick#9 BPA

That would be one crazy off-season

Realistically dont think Pacers or Philly do it

Last edited:
Trade#1 Barnes, 2023 1st rd to Pacers for Turner, McDermott
Trade#2 Buddy, 2021 2nd to Philly for Thybulle, George Hill(partial Guar), Seth Curry
(Both works on trade machine)
Sign RFA TD, Holmes Early Bird 4 yr 47M
Cut James,Whiteside,Harkless

Fox,Wright,Ramsey
Hali,Seth,TD
Tybulle,Mcdermott,Woodard
Bagley,Metu
Turner,Holmes,Jones
2021 Pick#9 BPA

That would be one crazy off-season

Realistically dont think Pacers or Philly do it
Yeah Philly would NEVERRRRR do this. They give away two superior players in Seth curry and Thybulle and get hampered by buddy’s contract? I don’t see it

Yeah Philly would NEVERRRRR do this. They give away two superior players in Seth curry and Thybulle and get hampered by buddy’s contract? I don’t see it
Elite sg scoring is what Philly needs to get them over the hump , Seth's 12pt per game vs Buddy 20pt per game is not superior, Thybulle 4 pts per game is not superior
two good players vs 1 elite scorer and a 2nd?

Maybe?

Porzingis has looked like a scrub when I've seen him.

I'd take bags who can give you 20/10 also and doesn't have all the actual legit injury issues that porzingis has had
So far, Bagley has averaged...
  • 2018-19: 14.9 / 7.6
  • 2019-20: 14.2 / 7.5
  • 2020-21: 14.1 / 7.4

When you say Bagley "can give you 20/10," where is that coming from? Do you mean that on a random night he can post 20/10 because he sure isn't close to averaging 20/10. Would it surprise you to know that he's only posted 20/10 in a game 11 times in his career?

Perhaps you're looking at per36 for some reason? Per 36 min, Bagley has averaged...
  • 2018-19: 21.2 / 10.8
  • 2019-20: 19.9 / 10.5
  • 2020-21: 19.7 / 10.3

...but Porzingis is right there with him when looking at per36...
  • 2016-17: 18.1 / 9.3
  • 2017-18: 19.9 / 7.9
  • 2018-19: 25.2 / 7.3
  • 2019-20: 23.1 / 10.7
  • 2020-21: 23.5 / 10.3

But that's beside the point. 20 / 10 =/= impactful player. How efficiently does that player score? Does the player create for others? Does that player space the floor for others? Does that player play good defense? Does that player limit their fouls? Does that player avoid turnovers? Does that player rotate on defense like he should? Does that player box out properly or just chase rebounds? Counting stats are inherently flawed. When we look at impact stats, it's not even a comparison between the two....

1623369315473.png

And it seems odd to critique Porzingis' injury history without acknowledging Bagley's. Bagley has played in 52% of his games whereas Porzingis has played in 60%. Don't get me wrong, neither is good, but we should at least acknowledge it both ways.