Nuggets @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
"The empire strikes back" - ( hopefully, because it is about time)

Not easy to be Kings fan these days. Not many things going right at the moment. Kings 1-4 looking for the first HOME win this season playing a team that has not beaten us in the last 19 games at ARCO. I am not sure wheather we are the wors team in the west because it is too depressing to the standings - so I don't. Also if You look in the standings while reading a paper - please don/t tilt it too much because we might fall out of it;).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So while we are thinking that it can not possibly get any worse - our players keep proving us wrong over and over again. And while they are saying all the "right things" every time the lose (which happenes all the time) - they are not doing much about it. I am not sure weather they had a team meeting but I am sure that it would be a complete waste of time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My version of a " Sacramento Kings team meeting." Let say that location is Brad's house because there are enough weapons in there and Kings sure need more fire power. So Mike baked cup cakes, Pedja brought Baklava (compliments of his wife) and Brad was on the grill (he shot enough game this summer).
After they ate - they decided to play some games to relax. Brad won the dart competition. He had a dart board with the picture of Violet Palmer on it. has not mis a shot all night.
Then they started talknig business. Pedja gave some tips about how to adjust to dress code. Everybody laughed. Pedja did not get it. Brad was giving hair band tips not realizing that most of the players don't have hair and we all know what Pedja looks like wearing a hair band. Then Mike gave a presentation about the importance of pedicure and manicure. Bonzi was talking about "getting along" with coaches and fans. SAR was giving rather short talk about his PO experience. He pointed out that HDTV is the best way to go. Then our bench players wanted to say something but nobody cared. A embarrasing moment happened when the "guest speaker" did not show up to talk about leadership but Vlade, DC, CW and Bobby could't make it.
They took a break and watched the movie "the core." After the break Mike had a great idea on how to fix the problems in the game. The played NBA live on play station. Mike was defensive player of the year, Pedja lead the league in rebounding and points scored in the 4th quarter. Brad won dunk competitionm, SAR made PO etc. Then it was getting kind late and Pedja's wife called because he missed curfew. Team Dime picked up Mike. The rookies stayed little longer to clean up the mess.
All in all a very successful evening.
Last game lasted 3 quarters or so the Kings thought. The just might have run out of gas. Still the team looked "dead" to me. generally when Pedja leads the team in scoring in the 4th - we might not win many games. When Mike has "0" in the 4th we are not going to win any games. Violet Palmer SUCKS !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same opponent -different attitude or lower altitude - not really sure. We need to rebound and defend better (nah - who am I kidding). Whoever had Najera on his/her fantasy team - will yet again enjoy that game tonight. Just do something - anything.
Mike - can he score in the 4th too because he will not yet again be stopping Boykins or Miller or my computer chair or a dumpster.
Pedja - which one is showing up tonight. One from the Houston game or phoenix game or Pistons game or Denver game. Is he showing up at all.
Brad - can he do something else but complaining to refs. Hope he practiced inbounding the ball
SAR - played OK except FTs and of course rebounding defending and blowing layups.
Bonzi - nothing wrong with passing the ball sometimes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
KT & Corliss - for a six pack and a hot dog. Can't believe we let Darius go for this. It makes me sick watching those 2 out there.
Martin - nice job Kevin.
Do we have enyone else on that bench who does anything usefull anyways.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - final coundown started
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuggets - suck but so do we. Najera will have a field trip and so will Boykins, Camby .... Depressing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Bobcats !
Go Sixers !
Go Pistons !
Go Knicks ! (they have to win sometomes too right ?)

I think you are WAY off on your analysis of Corlis thus far this season. He should actually find his was into the rotation in favor of Garcia. When given the chance he has played fairly well.

Yoda said:
I think you are WAY off on your analysis of Corlis thus far this season. He should actually find his was into the rotation in favor of Garcia. When given the chance he has played fairly well.
Exactly (because of Garcia's injury).

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
Yoda said:

last game 6 touches 3 TOs and 3 misses

Garcia has a perspective for the future. Corliss - is just Corliss

P

playmaker0017

piksi said:
Garcia has a perspective for the future.
What perspective is that?

I mean, which statistic is impressing you the most and making you think his future is so bright:

Is it his 18.2 shooting percentage?
His 5 points on the season (19 minutes played)?
Or his 2 turnovers in 19 minutes?
Or it could be the 2 rebounds in 19 minutes?

I don't see what this guy is doing that is so grand. He's as terrible as anyone else coming off the bench.

piksi

Hall of Famer
playmaker0017 said:
What perspective is that?

I mean, which statistic is impressing you the most and making you think his future is so bright:

Is it his 18.2 shooting percentage?
His 5 points on the season (19 minutes played)?
Or his 2 turnovers in 19 minutes?
Or it could be the 2 rebounds in 19 minutes?

I don't see what this guy is doing that is so grand. He's as terrible as anyone else coming off the bench.
He is a rook on a team that sucks and he does not even get to play.

Here are my arguments for developing him and keeping him.

G Wallace
H. Turkoglu
D. Songaila
M. Evans
M. Barnes
B. Jackson
E. House

Solid bench - Don't You think ?

P

playmaker0017

piksi said:
Here are my arguments for developing him and keeping him.

G Wallace
H. Turkoglu
D. Songaila
M. Evans
M. Barnes
B. Jackson
E. House

Solid bench - Don't You think ?
Right now - the guy can sniff the jock strap of any of those players. Do you think his lack of PT might be an indication of his unreadiness to compete at this level?

piksi

Hall of Famer
playmaker0017 said:
Right now - the guy can sniff the jock strap of any of those players. Do you think his lack of PT might be an indication of his unreadiness to compete at this level?
he is a rook

I know there's no such thing as a "must-win" for the 6th game of the season, but this one is about as close to a must-win as possible.

D-Mass said:
I know there's no such thing as a "must-win" for the 6th game of the season, but this one is about as close to a must-win as possible.
I would agree with that statement. It is CRITICAL that we get a good, convincing win tonight

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think they take it tonight. They have got to be embarrassed about the last couple games and RA rarely loses 3 in a row....

gman23 said:
Low Expectations = High Results
" Kings" = "Win"
hope your right this time... newayz hope the kigns have their first home win this season... can they just put EFFORT in defense???? i know theres no hope whatsoever the team will be good at D but least the EFFORT!? please!?

and the bench besides martin... dunno what i can say "sigh".. kenny and corliss, plz dont play like selfish b*$#a$%s!!!!

id want rick to give the starters as much minutes as possible...

GO KINGS!!!! bring home the first home W of the season!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
piksi said:
My version of a " Sacramento Kings team meeting." Let say that location is Brad's house because there are enough weapons in there and Kings sure need more fire power. So Mike baked cup cakes, Pedja brought Baklava (compliments of his wife) and Brad was on the grill (he shot enough game this summer).
After they ate - they decided to play some games to relax. Brad won the dart competition. He had a dart board with the picture of Violet Palmer on it. has not mis a shot all night.
Then they started talknig business. Pedja gave some tips about how to adjust to dress code. Everybody laughed. Pedja did not get it. Brad was giving hair band tips not realizing that most of the players don't have hair and we all know what Pedja looks like wearing a hair band. Then Mike gave a presentation about the importance of pedicure and manicure. Bonzi was talking about "getting along" with coaches and fans. SAR was giving rather short talk about his PO experience. He pointed out that HDTV is the best way to go. Then our bench players wanted to say something but nobody cared. A embarrasing moment happened when the "guest speaker" did not show up to talk about leadership but Vlade, DC, CW and Bobby could't make it.
They took a break and watched the movie "the core." After the break Mike had a great idea on how to fix the problems in the game. The played NBA live on play station. Mike was defensive player of the year, Pedja lead the league in rebounding and points scored in the 4th quarter. Brad won dunk competitionm, SAR made PO etc. Then it was getting kind late and Pedja's wife called because he missed curfew. Team Dime picked up Mike. The rookies stayed little longer to clean up the mess.
All in all a very successful evening.
:D :D

The team meeting certainly adds a little extra intrigue to this game. Could be remembered as a turning point for us this season...one way or the other. Think it ups the chance for us playing better. Think it also ups the consequences for us not doing so. Could be either a rallying point, or a demoralizing "what now?" moment. Don't have to win, but do need to play much much better and be competitive to the very end this time. Next 3 or 4 opponents are at home and beatable, get this one and we have a little breathing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.