Nuggets @ Kings Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread has kind of been derailed. I just said he will ups and downs, so as to not to have unreasonable expectations for him every game this season (more ups hopefully). No need to dissect his past games.

yeah, you really cant use the the cavs game as an example of him being clutch when he didnt score anything in overtime.... they wouldve been better off losing in regulation than going scoreless in overtime while ilgauskas hits three pointer after three pointer.... after three pointer....
If he didn't make that lay-up everyone would've said Reke wasn't clutch. Right? So it's basically a lose lose situation for Reke, and also was it Reke's fault we lost in overtime like that? IMO it was a team loss. But hey what do I know I don't work for ESPN so i'm no expert. :)

A

AriesMar27

If he didn't make that lay-up everyone would've said Reke wasn't clutch. Right? So it's basically a lose lose situation for Reke, and also was it Reke's fault we lost in overtime like that? IMO it was a team loss. But hey what do I know I don't work for ESPN so i'm no expert. :)

but you cant call that clutch because he didnt score in overtime... he had 5 more minutes of basketball and scored zero points... he shot the ball twice and missed both shots... with the game on the line, thats not clutch...

A

AriesMar27

Those two shots amount to 4 points lol. We lost by 13. If anything your calling Big Z clutch? Right?

youre telling me that what z did wasnt clutch? if he had missed those shots he wouldve looked stupid. so evans makes a layup then lays an egg in overtime he is clutch but z hits 3 three pointers in a row in overtime he wasnt clutch? if anyone hits three 3pt shots in overtime is a clutch performance... if only for one night he was clutch...

Just got back from the Kings game. Man, what a great game to attend. And that last shot by Tyreke was awesome!!! I was so happy to see Brockman get the start tonight.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
It is the same. It was a clutch game tying lay-up with Lebron James defending him. The kid didn't lose his cool and took it to the hole without any hesitance. The Over-time on the other hand was a different story.
But the question that was answered was, "how many game winners does Tyreke have." Answer is still 2.

youre telling me that what z did wasnt clutch? if he had missed those shots he wouldve looked stupid. so evans makes a layup then lays an egg in overtime he is clutch but z hits 3 three pointers in a row in overtime he wasnt clutch? if anyone hits three 3pt shots in overtime is a clutch performance... if only for one night he was clutch...

Why are you dwelling on the negatives of Reke when we just won the game? :rolleyes: Seriously let it go.

I'm sort of amused by all this desire to soft peddle Reke's game winning shots. Do me a favor and start running through the list of Sacramento Kings players and their last second game winning shots. Then compare how many of them there are compared to a rookie barely past his second month in the NBA. The Kings finally have that special player who can win games when it counts and a line forms to nit pick his game. I suppose the same thing happens to all special players. But stop for a moment and consider that you are using a mighty tall stick to measure our rookie. When did you ever think that would happen?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
He was terrible in the clutch last time out not shaky. Ballhogging trying to embarass his opponent instead of trying to win a game. Also add to that the failures of the cavs. Although he also did hit some big shots too I'll give him that.
He's is STILL a rookie and acts like one sometimes. He still needs to learn a lot about the game so way to early to put on pink glasses on.

Ballhogging? I sure as hell don't call it ballhogging when Tyreke is doing exactly as the coach has asked. Westphaul has reiterated that on several occasions.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm sort of amused by all this desire to soft peddle Reke's game winning shots. Do me a favor and start running through the list of Sacramento Kings players and their last second game winning shots. Then compare how many of them there are compared to a rookie barely past his second month in the NBA. The Kings finally have that special player who can win games when it counts and a line forms to nit pick his game. I suppose the same thing happens to all special players. But stop for a moment and consider that you are using a mighty tall stick to measure our rookie. When did you ever think that would happen?

I was certainly not soft-peddling any of Reke's shots. The guy is a future super-star stud and has shown an amazing learning curve and "clutchness" for a 20 yr old Rookie.

I was simply answering the question that was asked. It went all over the place after the question was asked. I was just bringing it back to the original question.

Edit: Never would I downplay the amazing accomplishments of our star rookie. I love the guy!

Last edited:
Well, well, well, well, well, well said.

Sometimes perspective means being completely blown away. But wait.... THERE'S MORE. How many other rookies have EVER had this many game winners/clutch shots/performances?? IN ANY SPORT??

Hope you're having as much fun as I am nit pickers. Probably not! But hey, look at the bright side... you would have been able to watch me eat crow were he to not become what we all think he can become, which won't happen, cause he is that already. AND HE'LL GE BETTER!!! HA HA HAAAA!!!! Enjoy!!;)

Last edited:
Ballhogging? I sure as hell don't call it ballhogging when Tyreke is doing exactly as the coach has asked. Westphaul has reiterated that on several occasions.
He does that not only in the crunch but also during the course of the games sometimes. That's ballhogging nothing else really.

great game and i'm so glad i got to see it live. got exciting (and scary) at the end but happy the kings pulled through in a close game. also happy my own little streak is still alive. 4 kings games attended = 4 kings games won :D

6th if you read this, thanks again for hooking up the forum members with discounted tix.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
He does that not only in the crunch but also during the course of the games sometimes. That's ballhogging nothing else really.

Your distaste for Tyreke has your vision skewed, IMO. When a young player with all the qualities of a super-star plays the way the coach wants him to play (throughout the freakin game)(because the coach is teaching him to be the super-star player he is expected to become) well then, that is on the coach. You can call him a ball-hog all you want, but you'd be wrong.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
great game and i'm so glad i got to see it live. got exciting (and scary) at the end but happy the kings pulled through in a close game. also happy my own little streak is still alive. 4 kings games attended = 4 kings games won :D

6th if you read this, thanks again for hooking up the forum members with discounted tix.

My dear, it was truly my pleasure, especially for such an exciting win.

I plan to do it again.

A

AriesMar27

Why are you dwelling on the negatives of Reke when we just won the game? :rolleyes: Seriously let it go.

what the hell are you talking about? i didnt say anything negative about him. reread my post... i said that you cant use the cavs game as an example of tyreke being clutch because he didnt score in overtime... the layup that tied the game is meaningless since he didnt score anything in the remaining 5 minutes of the game.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
You might want to get a handle on all the strawmen you throw out there.

Props to Tyreke on the shot. I didn't get to see the game, so I can't comment much. Nice to win finally.

It has been said that the shot can be seen at nba.com. Check it out!

Edit: post #15 in the grade thread shows the video from 2 different angles. Only one of them shows it clearly.

Last edited:
Your distaste for Tyreke has your vision skewed, IMO. When a young player with all the qualities of a super-star plays the way the coach wants him to play (throughout the freakin game)(because the coach is teaching him to be the super-star player he is expected to become) well then, that is on the coach. You can call him a ball-hog all you want, but you'd be wrong.
lol when did I say I distate Tyreke?! He's probably my 2nd fav player on the Kings.
I'm just trying not to be homerish about him. Tyreke doesn't really know how to play team ball right now, he let's the matchup get it to him sometimes. That's just facts whether you like it or not. But it's only his 1st year and hopefully it will change with time & experience.

I'm not going to lie. I was mad the way Tyreke took some of the last second shots. But the young kid is learning. He's made some big shots and this is just his rookie season. It's like the great ones do it. Way to go Tyreke!

Status
Not open for further replies.