[Game] Nuggets @ Kings 01/06/11 Game Thread

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You can sense momentum is slowly starting to shift. Let's not let up this 10 point lead, playing so good and then all of a sudden they start turning the ball over.

Wasn't much truth in the hate he was spilling.

Barkley knows somewhat less than my belly button lint about the current NBA and he's way too lazy to actually bother watching teamsw or heaven forbid getting to know their situations.
Sorry, but he was 100% correct. This team's problem isn't coaching. Replace them with any coach, and there's no way they are winning 43 games (a winning record). If the Kings replace the coach, that's essentially saying one of the biggest issues is that position, and it's not. He also said this is the worst team, and by all accounts (wins and losses), it is. There's no arguing that.

Win... Win how much? I think we have enough talent to have won more than 7 by now, that is for sure. We had more wins in less time last year with less talent.
It's debatable whether they have more talent now than the same time last year. but either way, talent hasn't been the main problem for The Kings this year, it's been Tyreke's struggles. That's not Westphal's fault.

Last edited:
Sorry, but he was 100% correct. This team's problem isn't coaching. Replace them with any coach, and there's no way they are winning 43 games (a winning record). If the Kings replace the coach, that's essentially saying one of the biggest issues is that position, and it's not. He also said this is the worst team, and by all accounts (wins and losses), it is. There's no arguing that.
That's not a valid argument. There's a big difference between being on pace to break the franchise record for least wins in a season and aspiring to 43 wins. We do not expect to be a playoff team, but we do have more talent than our record suggests and that's on the coach. You can also say that Phil Jackson won't win a championship with the Clippers, but that doesn't mean he won't do a better job than Vinny Del Negro.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Something I don't like with this team is that when a guy gets fouled and goes to the floor, no one goes over and helps him up. Cousins just walked away from JT there. See that stuff far too often.

Detroit, Phoenix, New Jersey, Cleveland, Charlotte, Washington, Toronto, and Portland (post Brandon Roy knee disintegration. RIP my fantasy squad).
None of those teams are less talented than The Kings. Phoenix, Detroit, and Charlotte all have more talent. The Kings may have more "potential" but at the moment, they're not more talented.

It's debatable whether they have most talent now than the same time last year. but either way, talent hasn't been the main problem for The Kings this year, it's been Tyreke's struggles. That's not Westphal's fault.
Tyreke didn't struggle last year and we still went 11-41 to finish the season.