[Game] Nuggets @ Kings 01/06/11 Game Thread

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Damn Barkley is hating HARD on us. No props what so ever, not that we deserve it but man he has a grudge or something I am sure.

Im guessing everyone just herd Barkley go off on Petrie and our 'crap' of a basketball team.

He has no reason (aside from being a frickin NBA 'analyst') to follow the Kings as closely as we do, but he has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to this team. Just no clue. Good thing he has no problem looking like a fool on TV.

Here comes the Barkley stupid Kings bashing of the day.
Do we have the worst record in the league? Yes, yes we do. Are we even remotely near the least talented in the league? Hell no. But you wouldn't know that based on that halftime segment. Barkley's analysis was about as inspired as his workout regimen. Something tells me that he's viewing it with a Westphal bias filter and I doubt he could name 5 players on this squad, let alone watch them enough to understand the team's play. Young and too inexperienced to win games consistently, yes, but what kind of analysis is "crap"?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Barkley telling it like it is. Kings fans may not like what he said but for the most part, he's right. I've been saying the same thing all year.
He might be telling it like it is but that doesn't discount that fact that he ALWAYS hates on the Kings, the status good or bad doesn't matter. Unless he randomly jumps on a bandwagon like he did with the Suns couple years back and he used to always clown on the Suns.

For those in the Philippines Barkley as usual unloaded on everyone and everything in Sac. Maybe quote that stood out as best as I can remember it. "Westphal is my friend, an honorable man and not the problem. Nobody, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Red Holzman, could make that crap win."

Do we have the worst record in the league? Yes, yes we do. Are we even remotely near the least talented in the league? Hell no. But you wouldn't know that based on that halftime segment. Barkley's analysis was about as inspired as his workout regimen. Something tells me that he's viewing it with a Westphal bias filter and I doubt he could name 5 players on this squad, let alone watch them enough to understand the team's play.
Thank you. Right on.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He might be telling it like it is but that doesn't discount that fact that he ALWAYS hates on the Kings, the status good or bad doesn't matter. Unless he randomly jumps on a bandwagon like he did with the Suns couple years back and he used to always clown on the Suns.
I remember when we were a playoff team and he still hated us.

Well, the only thing this team can do is prove them wrong. And they aren't doing that at all.

Anyone who has watched this team all season ( and the end of last ) and doesnt think firing the coach should even be discussed is crazy.
Anytime a team wins 7 games by new years, you have to look at all possibilities. I think the question here is, does this roster have enough talent to win in its current state, regardless of who the coach is, and I think the answer is no. This team needs to grow before they can win, which they're doing, so let the coach grow with them as long as there's some progress being shown.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You may not like what Barkley says about us, but in reality he's no harder on us than the other 3 or 4 worst teams in the league. Don't think that many people outside of the Sac and Den areas were excited about this one. Just being honest.

Aside from that, what a great all around half by Omri. Stats only tell part of it. 2-2, both from 3. Active hands, scrappy defense on Melo. Very composed on offense. Didn't force a shot or pass the entire half. If he's playing like this, I like him coming off the bench for 30 mins a night.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well they just started rebuilding and you can't rebuild in two years unless your the Lakers or Celtics or Spurs or Jazz.
The Spurs didn't rebuild as much as luck out. Their superstar big (one of the greatest big men of all time) gets injured and they completely suck for a season. Then they luck out and pick an EVEN BETTER big man with their pick. But other than that, I endorse this post.

Nets, Clippers (with the notable exceptions of Griffin and Gordon), among others.
No way The Clippers are less talented. Griffin, Davis, Kaman alone gives them at least as much talent. The Nets, maybe, but they're about the only one and even they aren't that much less talented.

Last edited:
Anytime a team wins 7 games by new years, you have to look at all possibilities. I think the question here is, does this roster have enough talent to win in its current state, regardless of who the coach is, and I think the answer in no. This team needs to grow before they can win, which they're doing, so let the coach grow with them as long as there's some progress being shown.
Win... Win how much? I think we have enough talent to have won more than 7 by now, that is for sure. We had more wins in less time last year with less talent.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Barkley can think whatever he wants to think. We've got two 20 year olds who are going to average 20 points per game in the very near future. I'm not complaining.

Anytime a team wins 7 games by new years, you have to look at all possibilities. I think the question here is, does this roster have enough talent to win in its current state, regardless of who the coach is, and I think the answer in no. This team needs to grow before they can win, which they're doing, so let the coach grow with them as long as there's some progress being shown.
The problem is that the coach is hindering the team's growth, not growing with it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Now way The Clippers are less talented. Griffin, Davis, Kaman alone gives them at least as much talent. The Nets, maybe, but they're about the only one and even they aren't that much less talented.
Oh shoot, I forgot about Kaman (he's been hurt so much that I frogt about him). And honestly, Davis isn't half of the player that he was before.