Nikola Vucevic

We need a starting center. Willie, though improved, is not cutting it. His lack of defense, paint presence, and poor rebounding is killing us. When the opposing team misses a shot I have little faith that we will get the rebound. It’s not completely Willie’s fault, but seeing as he’s the big man and wants to get paid I’m looking squarely at him.

Vucevic is the type of center I love. Highly skilled, has face up and post game, solid passer, and most importantly is a good rebounder. He also isn’t that slow and would be able to run with the team, though I recognize a center like Willie is better suited to run. He’s also on the last year of his contract at 12.5 million this year and will get a good increase after this year for sure.

I think he would solve a lot of our issues in regards to rebounding and give us some toughness down low that we simply don’t have now. I also think we would have a good chance at resigning him seeing as he is from the same area as Vlade, Peja, Bjelica, and Bogdan. It would be like hanging out with friends daily for him. At 28 years old he can hold down the center position for years for us and would give us a great inside outside presence.

Is he worth gambling on having him resign with us? I think we would have a good shot, maybe better than anyone. We have a young and exciting team now that’s gaining respect throughout the league rapidly.

What you're saying makes sense but I don't see that happening. I don't think we'l cut off Willie that quick, it depends on Willie if he'll stay or not. If he wants too much money, we won't keep him I think and than it's indeed a possibility. But I was more thinking of getting players lik Nerlens Noel and Montrezl Harrel because they fit in our style of play and are hard workers that won't have that high of a pay check.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vucevic isn't much of a defensive center and he takes a lot of jump shots. With that said though, he is skilled and a borderline All-Star type of player. I'd trade Willie for him without hesitation but I don't see Orlando continuing to just give away assets like they've been known to do.

Well you never know until you ask. I agree it’s a long shot, but the Magic haven’t really run things that well and are underachieving in my eyes. Perhaps a change for them isn’t out of the question.

I suggested Vucevic because we have a lot of inside/outside type of players that can slash to the hoop and we need a center that can space the floor and hit some shots. Right now teams are packing the paint because Willie isn’t a threat offensively. Also, Vucevic would be able to hit guys cutting to the hoop. Might be a pipe dream, but I’m def done with Willie if I’m Vlade.

Vlade can get it done in the offseason Montenegrin's are basically mountain Serbs so they got that connection and I have been saying he's as good fit next to Bagley other than maybe Jokic as your going to get. The guy's passing this year has been great as well. If your going to pay 15+mil for a big man its Vuc not WCS.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Vlade can get it done in the offseason Montenegrin's are basically mountain Serbs so they got that connection and I have been saying he's as good fit next to Bagley other than maybe Jokic as your going to get. The guy's passing this year has been great as well. If your going to pay 15+mil for a big man its Vuc not WCS.
Yeah, I've become a fan of Vucevic and had him on my list of freeagents I would pursue in the off season. His defense, while still not terrific, has improved. The advantage of trading for him would be to inherit his Bird rights and be able to pay him more than anyone else, and for an additional year. But if your not totally convinced you want him long term, then wait till the offseason to pursue him. He's putting up near all star numbers this year and shooting 37.7% from the three while averaging 3 attempts a game. Add in the almost 4 assists a game, 12 boards a game, and 1 blocked shot a game, and he'd certainly be a step up from Willie.

And, because he can help stretch the floor, you could then play Bagley next to him and bring Bjelica off the bench, thereby strengthening the bench. If there's a downside, it would be that he'll turn 29 yrs old next Oct. Doesn't bother me, but I know there are some that think you should be in a wheel chair when your 30 yrs old.:p

Yeah, I've become a fan of Vucevic and had him on my list of freeagents I would pursue in the off season. His defense, while still not terrific, has improved. The advantage of trading for him would be to inherit his Bird rights and be able to pay him more than anyone else, and for an additional year. But if your not totally convinced you want him long term, then wait till the offseason to pursue him. He's putting up near all star numbers this year and shooting 37.7% from the three while averaging 3 attempts a game. Add in the almost 4 assists a game, 12 boards a game, and 1 blocked shot a game, and he'd certainly be a step up from Willie.

And, because he can help stretch the floor, you could then play Bagley next to him and bring Bjelica off the bench, thereby strengthening the bench. If there's a downside, it would be that he'll turn 29 yrs old next Oct. Doesn't bother me, but I know there are some that think you should be in a wheel chair when your 30 yrs old.:p
Plus by the time the contract runs out (3-4 years) Jokic will be available so we can go from the #2 best fit to the #1:cool:

If we traded for a starting center and regulated WCS to a back up roll it just might help him realize he better put in the work to get paid.

I've been wondering lately about the possibility of the KINGS signing Nikola Vučević in the offseason. But I hadn't considered the possibility of trading for him to retain bird rights. I kinda like that idea.

While Vučević doesn't have Willie Trill's wheels and speed in the open court, I like the rebounding he brings to the table. And he's athletic enough that he should be able to adapt to the KINGS current style of play. And he can stretch the floor.

IMO, the defensive rebounding alone would help the KINGS out so very much.

As much as Vučević seems to love Orlando and Florida, he's also stated on record that Vlade is among his idols. I wonder if Mr. Divac (and Peja) could entice him to sign here?

I've been wondering lately about the possibility of the KINGS signing Nikola Vučević in the offseason. But I hadn't considered the possibility of trading for him to retain bird rights. I kinda like that idea.

While Vučević doesn't have Willie Trill's wheels and speed in the open court, I like the rebounding he brings to the table. And he's athletic enough that he should be able to adapt to the KINGS current style of play. And he can stretch the floor.

IMO, the defensive rebounding alone would help the KINGS out so very much.

As much as Vučević seems to love Orlando and Florida, he's also stated on record that Vlade is among his idols. I wonder if Mr. Divac (and Peja) could entice him to sign here?
Him or Jokic need to comeback to forfill the destiny Peja/Vlade just came up short in.

It depends if the Magic are sold on Bamba or they think is still far away from a finished product.
Vucevic is solid, I'd rather overpay him than WCS anyway.

This is the most difficult part of the process.
Getting young and good with lots of cap space is easy.
Unfortunately we are not the Lakers or some other big market who can sign Lebron as a FA.
If you miss the next couple of summers you **** up everything (Orlando?).
If you do it so and so, then you condemn yourself to useless mediocrity (Wizards for example).
If you do a good job you'll be a playoff team for several years (Portland).
Then it's up to your most important players decide if you're contending or you're just a Portland.
Talking about the Wizards, I'd go after Satoransky. I'm scared of Porter contract as well.

Anyway, it's up to the owner as well anyway.
Some owners wants to win, some others wants to get money out of the team.
Hopefully Ranadivè wants to win.

Last edited:
As a player, yes, but trading for him would be too much. Orlando would want Bogi, a FRP, or for the Kings to take on Mozgov’s contract. Too much for a .5 season rental. Just wait n go after him in the off season.

As a player, yes, but trading for him would be too much. Orlando would want Bogi, a FRP, or for the Kings to take on Mozgov’s contract. Too much for a .5 season rental. Just wait n go after him in the off season.
they can want all they want. He's a FA. they arent getting anything more than a salary match.